Status
Not open for further replies.

DprEffect

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Im still pretty new to the online world of diapers. and so far i've tried Northshore, but found those to be way to thick for me, they seem even thicker then Abena Abri-Form M4's which is another one ive tried and really enjoy but would be the thickest diaper i will buy. I've also tried molicare comfort super and while they are a little thin you cant beat the price for them which is why i tried them.

I just recently tried ATN's for the first time and am in love with them. idk what kind of padding they use (seems different then the others ive tried) but i love how they fit, crinkle, feel when dry and wet, it doesnt feel super stiff like Abena Abri-Form M4's or northshore diapers. Does anyone know of a diaper that feels the same way? i would like to find another brand that is similar.

Maybe its just babyhood memories/feelings playing tricks on my mind but ATN's feel alot like the old plastic backed baby diapers. Has anyone tried the old school plastic backed diapers recently enough that they can confirm these feelings im having? out of all the adult diapers ive tried these seemed to bring back some babyhood memories and feelings as soon as i put them on. But then again its been about 21 years since i've been in the old school plastic backed baby diapers so idk.

Last edited:
ATN's are an often overlooked treasure,they are my goto protection when not wearing my cloth. I have worn many brands in the last 20 years as an ic and these are righteous protection,unfortunately only very select amount of people can access them due to insurance company's not paying for them.

I like the ATN as well. I don't know of another diaper that is similar. The Depend plastic brief is thin, but it doesn't absorb nearly as much as the ATN. The tapes on the ATN are also very good. And you can't beat the cost! I do like the crinkle, but I'm sort of moving away from the crinkle on a nightly basis because my kids are getting older and I'm not ready to tell them about it yet, and I'd rather not have them ask why dad crinkles while he walks.

I liked the ATNs as well, but I found them to be the loudest, crinkling diaper I have ever used; definitely not discreet. The shape, look (minus prints), and feel does remind me of baby diapers from the 90s. You might want to try the Wellness Superio briefs. The plastic and padding is very soft and they are also more discreet, not making much of a crinkle.

I have been using ATN's for a long time. Being incontinent and 24/7 I needed something that not only worked but didn't break the bank. For me I have found I need plastic pants at night as I am a heavy sleeper and wetter.

lampkins said:
I liked the ATNs as well, but I found them to be the loudest, crinkling diaper I have ever used; definitely not discreet. The shape, look (minus prints), and feel does remind me of baby diapers from the 90s. You might want to try the Wellness Superio briefs. The plastic and padding is very soft and they are also more discreet, not making much of a crinkle.

I totally second the suggestion of Wellness Superio Briefs and I think it's a shame that more people haven't discovered them yet, but I would argue that in my experience, they crinkle quite a lot! The plastic backing isn't super loud, but they have a kind of extra plastic layer on the landing zone for the tapes, which is much sturdier, stiffer plastic than the thin poly outer layer. It looks like someone took a regular plastic-back diaper and added strip of clear plastic packing tape to the landing zone, and it sounds like packing tape does when you crumple a strip up after pulling it off a box. This feature is really great because it minimizes the bunching-up of the diaper's plastic outer layer, which means the tapes hold quite well! But it might make some unwanted noise.

The other thing is, they're pretty pricey, at least from Northshore Care, that is.

They're my diaper of choice if I'm going to be out and active for the evening, like at a festival or sports event. They're thin enough to stay comfortable while walking around after a soaking, and they're absorbent enough that I feel quite confident soaking them in any position without stopping and starting.

I used the ATN for years but then did switch to M4. The ATN is really the perfect diaper in many ways, i do like the "peach mat" interior. However, they dont hold enough for me all thru the night. Not sure whats like it. But with the thicker diapers, fold it longways and crease it. It will let the leak guards stand up, but more importantly it won't feel as stiff. When it gets about medium wet, that stiffness totally disappears anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back