Thread: crazy idea

Default crazy idea

Okay, i wrote this when i was really mad, but i want to know what you guys and girls think. Since here in MI the job market is so bad i was thinking of unleashing something like the Great Fear in France during the revolution. My plan... call up a fast food resturant where i have an app. in already and over say a months period continuously call them complaining about the employees and the service, eventually the complaints and threats to never eat there again will cause them to fire the employes and hire a new staff, thus opening up the doors for me. This again was written when I was really mad, finding out i need money now to pay for many things. What do you all think of this plan?

Mesmerale

You need money now.

This'll take months, it won't work right.

~~~

You'd be taking dozens of people who already have the jobs that THEY need to make money, many of whom aren't 16 and have to support themselves (Though if you have to support yourself, I apologize), which would be very cruel and unfair.

~~~

It'd be easier to just have a good interview and get the job.

~~~

Or just apply for another job.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Okay, i wrote this when i was really mad, but i want to know what you guys and girls think. Since here in MI the job market is so bad i was thinking of unleashing something like the Great Fear in France during the revolution. My plan... call up a fast food resturant where i have an app. in already and over say a months period continuously call them complaining about the employees and the service, eventually the complaints and threats to never eat there again will cause them to fire the employes and hire a new staff, thus opening up the doors for me. This again was written when I was really mad, finding out i need money now to pay for many things. What do you all think of this plan?
    I think it's a bad idea that will get even worse if/when they:
    (a) Determine where the phone calls are coming from.
    (b) Ask you when you can start.

You're right; MI is especially hard-hit right now (and crime-ridden, depending where you are) but this is not a good way to go about these things. They'll find you out as soon as you open your mouth, and then you'll be in a worse position than you are now.

Besides, with the effort it would take to do this, you could get another job.

Large investment of effort + low possibility of success + low payout = apply for something else.

Put in for janitorial work. I did that at one point in my life, and it was one of the nicer jobs I've had. I was left to "do my thing" overnight in a health club - my job was to ensure that things got done right so that the staff wouldn't complain to my boss (who owned his own janitorial company). In exchange, he showed me what to do the first night, asked me if I had any questions, gave me some tips, and then stayed out of my hair. He was one of the nicest managers I've ever had. *sniff*

Yeah, I really don't think this is that great an idea.

You'd be forcibly removing someone else from that job position, which they got through legitimate means, to put yourself in there. Don't you think that's just a little bit, I dunno, bratty? Cruel? Egocentric?

You have to think about others when you want to do things like this. In the job market, it's first come, first serve. I think you might be better off trying to find another job rather than this scheme of yours.

i have applied to over 150 places of business, none of which are hiring, my area has been hit bad. You're right though it is a bad idea.

Can you start your own job? Some people are starting their own blog sites, and either writing and getting sponsors, or selling their art work, etc. Be your own entrepreneur.

The way I read your idea....I'd pass on it.

Here's why:
    1. If you were to follow through as you have it laid out...it'd take way too much time and effort and they would eventually catch onto you (caller ID??) which would be bad if you were trying to get a job there.
    2. It's highly unlikely a fast-food restaurant is going to fire an ENTIRE staff all at once and hire multiple shifts of all-new people because of customer complaints (that would probably invite more complaints...from everyone, not just job seekers).
    3. I hate to burst your bubble, but unless said restaurant is a really bad place, I'm sure there are plenty of other applicants besides you...in this job market, teenagers are competing with college graduates for the SAME jobs (and guess who is getting them first...)

So yeah, your idea might be more trouble than you think.