Thread: First date

Nik92

Default First date

Ok, don't know if this is the right place for this but soon i wikl have first date with a girl and I need some ideas for it, I really like her and want to do it perfectly. So people some ideas?

My criteria would be
    - a place quiet enough and with enough privacy / space so you can talk without much distraction (cinema/concert is bad)
    - a place which would naturally provide some things to talk about when the conversation gets a bit difficult (something is going on around there, which kind of contradicts the above)
    - a place which doesn't look like a big deal too much (to relieve the pressure from both of you) (dinner is bad) - make it as close to "meeting an old friend" as possible

I'd go for something casual, comfortable; it's important that the girl has fun (doesn't get bored because she will blame you), but on the other hand I wouldn't try to be too original or try-hard. Personally I've had the best experience with the plain old coffee shop, sometimes combined with some time outside in the street / park / by the river. Or a museum or something like that (but be absolutely sure it's something she is at least a little interested in).

It depends on the girl, what you know about her, what she likes, where she would feel comfortable (if she doesn't feel comfortable, you won't either). The less you know about her, the more conservative you probably should be with your ideas.

One thing to not do: When you meet, ask her "so what do you want to do" and expect her to do the management. Most girls like the guy to be in charge (which doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to her inputs - you can always change things and improvise, but have a plan ready).

My 2c - big dating expert (I can't remember the last time I was on a first date, or any date)

Nik92

I mean first date like first date with her. I am 23 years old and had gf. The only thing that blocks me is that she is so nice oh how I act stupid when I am in love :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nik92 View Post
    I mean first date like first date with her
    I know. My final note should have been: I can't remember the last time I was on a first date (first date with some girl, not the very first date in my life). Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik92 View Post
    The only thing that blocks me is that she is so nice oh how I act stupid when I am in love :P
    That's the problem. The more you like her, the more stupid you act, because you're afraid you'll do something wrong and overthink it etc. etc. I always did best when I didn't care about a girl that much, but when I really liked someone, I always I acted so stupid I can't believe it when looking back. I think it's normal.

2 things to repeat to yourself before you go:

1) There are millions of girls in this world. She's not that important. I don't care. I just want to have fun. I don't care.

(I know the above is impossible, so disregard that)

2) She is probably as nervous as you. Maybe right now she's posting on some forum like

"Ok, don't know if this is the right place for this but a guy asked me on a date and I need some advice, I really like him and want to do it perfectly. So what if ... what should I do ... I want him to know that I like him but I don't want to look too easy ... bla bla bla..."

So the two of you, don't worry too much, break the ice somehow and have fun.

Good luck.