Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Urge to Communicate

  1. #1

    Default Urge to Communicate

    First off, it's been quite a while since I've even visited this site, let alone posted here, so hey there.

    I have to say, it's kind of surreal posting here again. A lot's happened since I used to be a regular here, for the better mostly. Although now that I think about it, most of the friends that I'd made through this site and used to talk to on an almost daily basis have dispersed, which I guess is natural with internet friends in general. That being said, there's something about the absence of those people in my life, the people that get this fetish and the kind of lifestyle it implies, that's eaten away at me after a while. I don't have that outlet anymore where I could just talk about diapers and the lifestyle that goes with them. I have friends outside the circle who know about that side of me, but it's still difficult to talk to them, since they understand but they don't really GET it, if that makes any sense. I was curious if anyone else has felt this way before, that urge to talk out loud about the taboo side of yourself to people who understand so you can confirm you're not crazy every once in a while. It doesn't have to be about anything in particular, just something as simple as "This Molicare sampler is awesome!" or "Could really use some crinkles and cuddles right about now".

    It may feel a bit weird to be here, but glad to be back. For the moment at least.

  2. #2

    Default

    I kinda hard the opposite experience at one point. I had an online friend who wasn't ab/dl but knew I was. I liked talking to him about this kind of stuff even though he wasn't into it. I dunno, it was almost like I got a certain satisfaction out of it.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I kinda hard the opposite experience at one point. I had an online friend who wasn't ab/dl but knew I was. I liked talking to him about this kind of stuff even though he wasn't into it. I dunno, it was almost like I got a certain satisfaction out of it.
    I can understand that, it sounds like a kind of freeing experience actually. I'm always worried that I'm making things weird for the other person in that rare situation, though. It comforts my conscience knowing that the person I'm talking to about it can understand and sometimes empathize without feeling super awkward.

  4. #4

    Default

    What we have here is a Failure to Communicate !
    Now now it is not all that bad !
    Adult Babies have to realize that communication skills are varying with the age portrayal.
    First thing that has to be done is get the pacifier out of the mouth to make verbal noise.
    Then as the age goes up-scale from the regression stage more vocal sounds making speech
    will progress to more intelligent communication.
    Bear in mind that the talk of sex should not occur before the age of puberty.
    Yeah that should dampen someone's diaper wet dream.
    As the Adult Baby's circle of friends expands more detailed conversation can be entertained
    resulting in lively thought producing activities be they fetish or other.

    This is going on way over the level of Baby Talk 101-
    That is what happens when you fill the baby's bottle with Baileys -
    the intoxicating speech syndrome.

    Hope your friends are still friends after you are sorting out your AB life !

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by babylock1 View Post
    What we have here is a Failure to Communicate !
    Now now it is not all that bad !
    Adult Babies have to realize that communication skills are varying with the age portrayal.
    First thing that has to be done is get the pacifier out of the mouth to make verbal noise.
    Then as the age goes up-scale from the regression stage more vocal sounds making speech
    will progress to more intelligent communication.
    Bear in mind that the talk of sex should not occur before the age of puberty.
    Yeah that should dampen someone's diaper wet dream.
    As the Adult Baby's circle of friends expands more detailed conversation can be entertained
    resulting in lively thought producing activities be they fetish or other.

    This is going on way over the level of Baby Talk 101-
    That is what happens when you fill the baby's bottle with Baileys -
    the intoxicating speech syndrome.

    Hope your friends are still friends after you are sorting out your AB life !
    Some of us carpet creepers can talkies with binkie in .
    Takes a certain skill .

  6. #6

    Default

    There are a lot of "old" members who haven't been here in years, and I miss them. I think that a lot of the younger members find better things to do like having to study, once they go to college, or start new jobs. Sometimes they get married and life happens. Still, I miss them.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    There are a lot of "old" members who haven't been here in years, and I miss them. I think that a lot of the younger members find better things to do like having to study, once they go to college, or start new jobs. Sometimes they get married and life happens. Still, I miss them.
    What I've found with the friends of mine that used to post here is that they left because there wasn't much left to do. A lot of us were roleplayers, but the community went south fast when we started to lose interest. Aside from that, we would all post on the forums like everyone else, but after a while things start to get repetitive. There will always be new people starting the same conversations and asking the same questions. Not that there's anything wrong with that; everyone has to learn simple things at some point. It's just that when there's almost no originality or interesting discussing going on, what's the point of coming to a forum? Which I guess ties in to what I mentioned earlier. Even if the conversation topics can be mundane and repetitive, they still provide an outlet to people like me seeking some kind of involvement with the community again. The same old questions get answered, yeah, but the fact that they can be freely asked and answered here relieves the secret side of ourselves that exists, for most of us, without a voice or expression in our daily lives. I dunno, I may be babbling at this point, but what I'm trying to say is that people leave for understandable reasons, but maybe they'll come back, because there's a reason forums like these exist.

  8. #8

    Default

    You're absolutely right. There are a lot of threads I no longer respond to. I've seen them many times, again and again, and it seems to make sense to let the new members respond. There still are interesting things that come up and to those I respond.

  9. #9

    Default

    I have noticed that a lot of the littles forums around the world have gone silent, actually... maybe we have covered all the topics everywhere? I mod a forum on fetlife (Adult Babies), and not much happens there, though there are 1000 members. The main board there, which has over 9k, has the occasional question about "which type of diaper, blah blah" but not much worth discussing. I am very deep and philosophical about this in my life, and I always strive to understand, but I find few who want to do that on a regular basis. There are a few hot topics which blow up the threads, like ABDL comparisons with LGBT, ABDL's on TV, and the ever popular "Fetish or no?" I sometimes suspect that all the conflict has exhausted the discussion-- people have drawn their line in the sand on the issues, and that's that.

    At the same time, we are all experiencing amazing things, I'm sure. Some of us are sinking into purging and splurging, others are soaring in ecstasy, and these issues seem to rent a LOT of space in our lives, so why are the social networks moving so slowly? Is this my imagination, and is it just our groups, or have ALL social networks started to slow down?

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Ungulate View Post
    I have noticed that a lot of the littles forums around the world have gone silent, actually... maybe we have covered all the topics everywhere? I mod a forum on fetlife (Adult Babies), and not much happens there, though there are 1000 members. The main board there, which has over 9k, has the occasional question about "which type of diaper, blah blah" but not much worth discussing. I am very deep and philosophical about this in my life, and I always strive to understand, but I find few who want to do that on a regular basis. There are a few hot topics which blow up the threads, like ABDL comparisons with LGBT, ABDL's on TV, and the ever popular "Fetish or no?" I sometimes suspect that all the conflict has exhausted the discussion-- people have drawn their line in the sand on the issues, and that's that.

    At the same time, we are all experiencing amazing things, I'm sure. Some of us are sinking into purging and splurging, others are soaring in ecstasy, and these issues seem to rent a LOT of space in our lives, so why are the social networks moving so slowly? Is this my imagination, and is it just our groups, or have ALL social networks started to slow down?
    The inconsistent members-to-conversations ratio makes sense to me actually, since at it's core diapers for most people in the community are a fetish. People will more likely go on certain sites to meet caretakers, look at a photo gallery, or in some cases roleplay. I know I've done it a few times. Still, that's pretty upsetting if what you're saying is true. It's difficult to find other sites where people can find a balance between intelligent conversation and raving about the size of their stash. I think the reason I keep coming back, aside from the reason stated above, is because I know that every now and then there'll be one or two interesting conversations going on and contributing to them is a really satisfying, enjoyable experience.

Similar Threads

  1. First Urge
    By Internet in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-Aug-2014, 04:44
  2. Some businesses need to learn to communicate
    By wimsett in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-Jun-2014, 02:26
  3. Does anyone get the urge?
    By WaffleTear in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-Jun-2012, 17:07
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-Jun-2012, 03:42
  5. Ever get the urge?
    By rockman2222 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 31-Oct-2011, 01:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.