Not open for further replies.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Curious if there are any others here who have in the past drove, or still drive trucks professionally? Honestly I'm about a year In now and driving for swift in the 48 continental US. Currently running a 2013 freightliner cascadia with the 425hp Cummins s and 8 speed manual. Sadly my kenworth went down so swift put me in a freightshaker.

Some of the trucks I drove had two stick a B73 mack truck.
Kenworth's , Peterbuilt's freight shaker's lol.
24 year's worth no longer on road.
Matter of fact they say there putting a lot of drivers in automatic transmission trucks.
Wow have thing's have changed.
Keep the shiny side down . Lol :)

I'm not a driver but a dispatcher/manager/AR-AP/(any other title that is required to keep a small business running) :p

I couldn't handle the driving aspect; my ADHD gets to me too much and I can't concentrate like I would need to to drive safely for hours on end.

I don't drive over the road, but we have 3 Volvos that we pull Wilson hopper bottoms with to haul grain for the farm.

Wilsons are air ride. Volvos are '99-'00 with low rise sleepers. 2 have Cummins engines, the one I drive most has a Detroit. Mine has an 8 speed, one has a 9 speed, and the other has what I think is called a 12 speed. It has a gear splitting switch on the upper range.

The Volvos ride good, run good, and can be found fairly cheap for a truck that sits more than it moves. We probably put 5-10000 miles a year on each one.

We also like the Volvos because the front axle is set back and makes it easier to turn into and out of narrow farm field driveways.

foxkits said:
Some of the trucks I drove had two stick a B73 mack truck.
Kenworth's , Peterbuilt's freight shaker's lol.
24 year's worth no longer on road.
Matter of fact they say there putting a lot of drivers in automatic transmission trucks.
Wow have thing's have changed.
Keep the shiny side down . Lol :)
Yeah had my run in with a D12 automated manual as a day cab freightshaker . Complete POS. Had a cat run cross the road and all the sensors went haywire and triggered a 50lb service brake and full Jake at 45 mph slammed my head in the steering wheel. Swore I would never buy or drive another truck with those systems again taking control of an 80,000lb vehicle away from the driver is way to dangerous in my opinion.

AAO said:
I don't drive over the road, but we have 3 Volvos that we pull Wilson hopper bottoms with to haul grain for the farm.

Wilsons are air ride. Volvos are '99-'00 with low rise sleepers. 2 have Cummins engines, the one I drive most has a Detroit. Mine has an 8 speed, one has a 9 speed, and the other has what I think is called a 12 speed. It has a gear splitting switch on the upper range.

The Volvos ride good, run good, and can be found fairly cheap for a truck that sits more than it moves. We probably put 5-10000 miles a year on each one.

We also like the Volvos because the front axle is set back and makes it easier to turn into and out of narrow farm field driveways.
We have a few in the fleet. In February I'm gonna be buying my own truck, looking at the new peterbuilt aero cabs or a kenworth t660 with the super sleeper and the 13 speed s as well

I've driven rigid Trucks only , every thing from a mk1 1989 Ford cargo 7.5t 5speed manual with a decompression cable stop
fully auto 20t Dennis trash carts
12 speed auto and 8 speed knock over manual 26t rigid MAN fridge truck and currently driving a 15t fridge/freezer 2014 DAF LF 6 speed auto
The main problem I have come across in the last few years is the auto changing boxes fitted on most modern trucks don't like you shifting to quick between drive and reverse and throws a hissy fit were as the box fitted to the trash cart is made by Allison controls and is a proper auto

w0lfpack91 said:
Yeah had my run in with a D12 automated manual as a day cab freightshaker . Complete POS. Had a cat run cross the road and all the sensors went haywire and triggered a 50lb service brake and full Jake at 45 mph slammed my head in the steering wheel. Swore I would never buy or drive another truck with those systems again taking control of an 80,000lb vehicle away from the driver is way to dangerous in my opinion.
They are testing trucks that drive them selves.
They think we are steering wheel holders not.
Hated the anti-collision systems.
When any one passed you a speaker blared in your ear talk about road rage .
Company's hate having to pay our wages.

I drove an early 2000's late 90's international for a farmer this year as well as a 1988 ford. Both really fun to drive and I'm excited to get back on the horse next year.uploadfromtaptalk1443575869173.jpg This is the only picture I have of it, this is what happens when you blow a hose on your PTO and you need to dump

I drive a 2016 freightliner it has a dd15 with the auto 12 gear transmission I have to say I like it it's different and for my adhd different works. I drive local in Washington state. Been driving a 2.5 years now and I take every day as a learning experience. And always keep the shiny side down :)

mtdl84 said:
I drive a 2016 freightliner it has a dd15 with the auto 12 gear transmission I have to say I like it it's different and for my adhd different works. I drive local in Washington state. Been driving a 2.5 years now and I take every day as a learning experience. And always keep the shiny side down :)
Swift or another company?

I started with central refrigerated then forced to join swift then swift closed the office here in town so I bounced threw another local carrier and got fed up with the outdated and falling apart equipment now things are good with this new company same route and a few new procedures

mtdl84 said:
I started with central refrigerated then forced to join swift then swift closed the office here in town so I bounced threw another local carrier and got fed up with the outdated and falling apart equipment now things are good with this new company same route and a few new procedures
Nothing better than driving a new truck after driving heaps of sihte

mtdl84 said:
Hmm OK I run line haul for swift 48 core. Good starter company. If nothing else but with my priors they were the only ones to take me in so I put up with their shit also while most didn't like the idea due to insurance reasons, but due to our recent situations they made a special exception and allow both my brother and son in the truck with me. Normally taboo with swift but jerry fairly reasonable in person and understood the hard time I was in.

arcituthis said:
I'm not a driver but a dispatcher/manager/AR-AP/(any other title that is required to keep a small business running) :p

I couldn't handle the driving aspect; my ADHD gets to me too much and I can't concentrate like I would need to to drive safely for hours on end.

Arcituthis, could you please PM me, with a SKTPE nick, so I and talk with you-work related. I'm not an Established Contribution here, yet?? [If this will OK?]

- - - Updated - - -

Another diver here too-but, not working, at the moment. I'll get back to driving, soon, I hope [I'm running low, on my diaper supply].

It's one of the few perks of driving, that you are in your own environment, so sure, you can wear your diapers all of the time, you are driving (or relaxing or sleeping or surfing the internet). And when needed, you find a safe parking area, get in a quick change, put the used in a trashcan there and be one your way again.

PaddedAndHappy said:
It's one of the few perks of driving, that you are in your own environment, so sure, you can wear your diapers all of the time, you are driving (or relaxing or sleeping or surfing the internet). And when needed, you find a safe parking area, get in a quick change, put the used in a trashcan there and be one your way again.

That's what i'm looking forward to getting back in to Tramping driving as now I will be an employed driver not agency so I will have my own set truck :) already brought my self a 12v tv/dvd gas stove etc
Plus who want's to get out of a nice warm cab to walk across a freezing cold truck stop to go in to a dirty filthy rest room when you can wear your toilet :biggrin:

I only drive tandem truck for snow plowing and dump truck. :)
I all so drive busses to.

mtdl84 said:
And always keep the shiny side down :)

Some of older drivers, might need to clarify that? It refers to keeping the shiny side up, the one that washed, waxed and polished, with the dirty side down, the underside of the truck, where all that dirt/mud splatters on to. [Also was heard; keeping it between the lines.]This was a suggestion, to be a safe driver and not be putting the trucks into ditches, flipping them over or doing any number of crazy, stupid stuff, that either puts you out of business or fired or put in jail, just because your "coloring book) hasn't seen a reality check in days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back