Help me through my first ever diaper experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cthulhu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My dad is going away for a week so i'll have the house to myself, which basically never happens. I just found a site where i can order diapers discretely and with fast shipping, so i plan on ordering some for when i'm home alone:) This would be my first time wearing a diaper since i was about 4-5, so i've been waiting for this since i got into this fetish (3-4 years ago). As you can understand i want to get the most out of the week, so i thought i'd join this forum and ask for some general tips and advice:) You can orders packs of 2 diapers from the site, so i'm planning on ordering 2 Molicare super plus (plastic), 2 Abena M4 and 2 Tena slip maxi.

If you have any tips, advice or ideas of activities while diapered, i would VERY much appreciate if you answered:)

Sounds like fun. My first experiences were mostly just laying in bed relaxing after drinking a large drink of water. Later I wear everywhere and do everything I usually do. Wearing in front of my parents who are in their 60s. Hugging all my family and friends going to an amusement park. I still think the best part is just relaxing so much in my diaper in bed that I start dozing off and having padded dreams.

Make sure you're hydrated so you can use your diapers, I assume that you want to. Crucially though, have a solid plan for disposal. I don't know how trash is taken care of where you live, but be sure that you can get rid of the used diapers effectively and without leaving a chance for them to be discovered.

Personally, I would wear the entire time that you have even if I went out. I know some people don't want to for a variety of reasons, but I think it's fun.

Lucky you!! I can't remember the last time I had the house to myself for longer than 15 minutes... I envy you!

How exciting that it's your first experience! There's so much you can do, but here are some of my favorite recommendations:

• Go out in public while wearing. Slip some pants on over them and walk/drive to the store or see a movie! Go to your favorite places while padded, it's such a thrilling experience! If you're too nervous for that right now, that's okay!
  • Double-diaper! Put another diaper on over your first. Mix and match them since you'll have different types! While not exactly super practical, it can provide a fun and unqiue diaper experience!
  • Sleep in nothing but a diaper! May be hard to do for your first time, but it's extremely comfy and soothing!
  • Test the diapers' leaking points! Wet your diaper as much as you can! Don't change it- keep it on as long as you can and see if you can completely saturate it and cause it to leak! Very fun to do!

Have fun, wet lots, and make the most of it! Especially if you don't know when you'll have this opportunity again!

Thankyou everyone for taking your time to reply! Yes, i will definately wear outside (though not near where i live, i'll be way too paranoid), use every diaper properly, wet while driving/on the bus and sleep in them:) The best thing about this ''situation'' is that i just finished school this spring, and i haven't been employed yet, so i don't have anything that i have to do during the days;) This really is a dream coming true. For 3-4 years i've been waiting to move to my own apartment, just to be able to wear diapers, and now it's happening 2-3 years earlier than i thought. I would like to wear the entire week, but there are a couple things that i'll have to do where i don't want to wear:/ I would love to go to the cinema diapered, but that would be in another town, since it's just wierd to go there alone if i meet someone i know.
Do you think i'll have to buy wipes and stuff to prevent rashes? Or do you think i'll be fine since i probably won't wear 24/7?

EmanResu said:
Do you think i'll have to buy wipes and stuff to prevent rashes? Or do you think i'll be fine since i probably won't wear 24/7?

In a word, yes. Some kind of barrier lotion is always needed. Urine is acidic, and it doesn't take all that long to start irritating the skin. You may not be going 24/7, but overnight is quite long enough. As for wipes - unless you want to take a shower every time that you change, the only alternative is taking a sponge or washcloth to your rear -which requires that you either dispose of or sterilise it afterwards. You need to clean up, or again, you risk skin irritation.

I suggest that you read this article.

Ok, i'll buy wipes and some kind of lotion/creme then. Thanks:) Great article btw.

JohnApple said:
  • Go out in public while wearing. Slip some pants on over them and walk/drive to the store or see a movie! Go to your favorite places while padded, it's such a thrilling experience! If you're too nervous for that right now, that's okay!
  • Double-diaper! Put another diaper on over your first. Mix and match them since you'll have different types! While not exactly super practical, it can provide a fun and unqiue diaper experience!
  • Sleep in nothing but a diaper! May be hard to do for your first time, but it's extremely comfy and soothing!
  • Test the diapers' leaking points! Wet your diaper as much as you can! Don't change it- keep it on as long as you can and see if you can completely saturate it and cause it to leak! Very fun to do!

i think this is a really accurate representation of what i did when i first got my diapers.
. would definitely recommend the public wearing. knowing that no one will ever see you again and they wont notice the diaper underneath you is such a thrilling experience. till this day i still get really excited when i go out in public diapered.
. double diapering is certainly a fun thing to do! experiment with it and see how thick you can get it and how much you can fill it ;)

Akastus said:
In a word, yes. Some kind of barrier lotion is always needed. Urine is acidic, and it doesn't take all that long to start irritating the skin. You may not be going 24/7, but overnight is quite long enough. As for wipes - unless you want to take a shower every time that you change, the only alternative is taking a sponge or washcloth to your rear -which requires that you either dispose of or sterilise it afterwards. You need to clean up, or again, you risk skin irritation.

I suggest that you read this article.

I think it depends more on the skin and the product used. For me, when I'm wearing disposables, they almost all lock away primary wetness so well as to make lotion and powder just an enhancement to my experience, if desired. Cloth diapers hold that wetness close, so the risks of long wear are greater.

Trevor said:
I think it depends more on the skin and the product used. For me, when I'm wearing disposables, they almost all lock away primary wetness so well as to make lotion and powder just an enhancement to my experience, if desired. Cloth diapers hold that wetness close, so the risks of long wear are greater.

There are a number of factors, true, but since the OP hasn't worn since infancy, he/she has no way of knowing how his/her skin will react. Better to err on the side of caution.

Akastus said:
There are a number of factors, true, but since the OP hasn't worn since infancy, he/she has no way of knowing how his/her skin will react. Better to err on the side of caution.

That's one way to go about it. I like knowing how it is at the base and work up from there. Given the number of diaper wearers who don't bother with those things, I'd think it safe to mindfully test if the OP is so inclined.

while you have the chance shower n them. Its just an idea!

jkpullup said:
while you have the chance shower n them. Its just an idea!

I'll try that, thanks:)

- - - Updated - - -

babymt said:
6 diapers is not so many for a whole week. You maybe should think about how you will use them or buy a few more. Most importantly though just have fun

P.S. I wear diapers all night and only use baby powder. Up to you though and maybe better safe than sorry

I cancelled that order and madce a new one, here is what i bought:
4 Tena slip maxi
4 Molicare super (super plus was out of stock)
3 Abena M4
2 Booster pads
1 Bed guard (?), in case i get a leak.

Ok, we'll see if i'll use powder or a creme. I wont be home alone for at least a week so i'll think about it. Thanks for the tip :)

The reason why i won't buy a full pack of diapers is because i have to be able to hide them, and i also want to try as many different diapers as possible since i don't get this opportunity very often. Damn, this is going to be the longest week of my life:sad:

It took a while to figure out a good balance of cream and powder. Had many rashes and my partner complained about the smell of A&D/Desiden. Then found Desiden All Purpose ointment. Its great because there is NO smell, and it isnt just for diapers. So, leaving it in the bathroom is no big deal if someone sees it. I see you got a nice assortment of diapers, some may give you a rash and some may not. Maybe try it out with no creams etc and see how your skin handles it. Once you start to feel irritated, take a shower and put on some cream ans sprinkle some powder before it gets bad. A diaper rash will impede your fun for sure.

I think i'll always use either powder or some kind of cream, i dont think its worth risking to ruin the experience. What do you think about using regular skin lotion/cream? I mean the type thats meant for your hands or dry skin in general. Another question: I plan on making a long trip to go shopping and maybe go to the cinema diapered. I really want to try to change in a public restroom, i think it would give me a little insight on what its like to live with diapers (something i fantasize about sometimes). But what bags should i use for used diapers? Anything special i should bring in my backpack?

As far as bags go, I would just throw it out in a plastic grocery bag.

This brings back memories. The biggest thing to worry about is putting on the diaper for the first time. Doing it properly is pretty difficult.

If you have a whole week of privacy, I'd actually suggest (if this is something you've ever desired to do) attempting to mess. Don't hurt yourself over it, of course, but if this may be one of your few chances to pad up for a long time, might as well try it to see if you like it, right? Otherwise you might be tempted to try in a less-perfect situation. Hope all goes well!

Katarn89 said:
As far as bags go, I would just throw it out in a plastic grocery bag.
Ok, i guess as long as no smell goes through any bag would work.

- - - Updated - - -

CrinkleScarf said:
If you have a whole week of privacy, I'd actually suggest (if this is something you've ever desired to do) attempting to mess.

Yes, i'll try that. Like you said there really isnt a better time to try it:thumbsup: Thanks, i'm sure it will be an awesome week:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back