Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help

Default I need help

Everyone bare with me please this is my cry for help! I'm scard and don't know how to go about this I'm not gonna get personal and say what it is but I know it's wrong and I thought that I could stop it on my own but I can't. Ever since I was 19 I have been having this problem and I'm just really scard

I wish you luck in finding the help you are looking for.

I apologize I can't help more but since you (understandably) haven't given us much to work off of, is there somebody out in the real world that you could confide in and help to point you in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by arcituthis View Post

I apologize I can't help more but since you (understandably) haven't given us much to work off of, is there somebody out in the real world that you could confide in and help to point you in the right direction?
    I do apologize for not giving everyone information on my problem but honestly I feel like a monster and I'm tired of feeling this way

Just relax- you're among friends here! I really wish I could offer more than some simple words of kindness, but like said above, there's not much to go off of!

Remember that it's never too late to better yourself or change a bad habit!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnApple View Post
    Just relax- you're among friends here! I really wish I could offer more than some simple words of kindness, but like said above, there's not much to go off of!

Remember that it's never too late to better yourself or change a bad habit!
    I'm just really scard to say what I have done that's all my first step was admitting I need help that is why I made this post

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    I'm just really scard to say what I have done that's all my first step was admitting I need help that is why I made this post
    That's great and a really good first step. The only other thing I have to say is if what's going on is a detriment to your health or somebody else's, don't wait until somebody gets hurt to begin attacking it.

We will continue to offer all the support we can.

That's great and a really good first step. The only other thing I have to say is if what's going on is a detriment to your health or somebody else's, don't wait until somebody gets hurt to begin attacking it.

We will continue to offer all the support we can.
    While I do have health problems this subject does not relate to them

[...]I'm scard [...] I know it's wrong and I thought that I could stop it on my own but I can't. Ever since I was 19 I have been having this problem and I'm just really scard

[...]I feel like a monster and I'm tired of feeling this way

While I do have health problems this subject does not relate to them

zackiepooh1992,

You may have misinterpreted what was meant by

a detriment to your health or somebody else's, don't wait until somebody gets hurt
    So, I'll ask you... Are you hurting anyone now, have you before or, do you fear that you may at any time in the future?

Are you causing injury to yourself now, have you before or, do you fear that you may at any time in the future?

If you've truthfully answered all the above questions with "no"...

... then it would seem that you may be experiencing guilt, fear or, shame based on some thought activities...

What I'm most concerned that you are referring to; is not something I wish to speculate aloud...

Your fears may well be exaggerated in your own mind... to help you get a better perspective and, understanding your reluctance to be able to share anything specific about you concerns now...

I think that your best bet, would be to make an anonymous call to one of the national crisis centers...

Such as:

1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
    Online text chat is also available at:
    http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

In addition to this, I'm not seeing where you have received any sort of competent counseling; related to your past traumas...

Perhaps, this is a good time to start... and as you've said "first steps"...

My best to you,
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    zackiepooh1992,

You may have misinterpreted what was meant by

So, I'll ask you... Are you hurting anyone now, have you before or, do you fear that you may at any time in the future?

Are you causing injury to yourself now, have you before or, do you fear that you may at any time in the future?

If you've truthfully answered all the above questions with "no"...

... then it would seem that you may be experiencing guilt, fear or, shame based on some thought activities...

What I'm most concerned that you are referring to; is not something I wish to speculate aloud...

Your fears may well be exaggerated in your own mind... to help you get a better perspective and, understanding your reluctance to be able to share anything specific about you concerns now...

I think that your best bet, would be to make an anonymous call to one of the national crisis centers...

Such as:

Online text chat is also available at:
    http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

In addition to this, I'm not seeing where you have received any sort of competent counseling; related to your past traumas...

Perhaps, this is a good time to start... and as you've said "first steps"...

My best to you,
    -Marka
    I am not suicidal nor do I have any thoughts about suicide but thank you for your concern sorry I misinterpreted what you said earlier

Great first step. We are all here for you. Is this as in the 12 steps? Hope we can be here for your second and third step as well. *Hugs*