where some of us go-IE:, fur cons/meetings/gatherings/parties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaddedAndHappy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
I'm just wondering, how many of us, get out and about, to say fur cons? There are quite a few furry conventions every year, so there's a big opportunity, for some us to get to at least one or two. Many of these cons, are also putting Meet-N-Greets/panels and such, in their schedules of events, just for us padded people. Plus, a few of the cons, also have designated rooms, where the diaper people go, just to hang out/be part of the social events, going on in there. And, I'm pretty sure, that out of the membership here, we do have quite a few of us, that are both furrys and diaper people. So, comments, thoughts, replies or even just a generic shout out: "Hey, padded furry here too", sorta thing.

I'd like to go to one eventually but I'm a little shy and don't fare too well around large groups of people. That being said, at 3 hours away Anthrocon would be the most logical one for me to go to. I would probably leave being ABDL at home the first time or two though.

I have never been to a Furry Convention, even though I am a fursuiter.

That would be neat to go to, someday. But I really don't have a car or money.

I went to my first fur con earlier this year. Texas Furry Fiesta. Lots of fun. Very overwhelming for me tho. I'm not really a fan of large groups of people. But still it was a fun experience.

I've been to Rocky mountain fur con and Midwest fur fest

Furs who haven't been to a con and are unsure about padding or babbing out.... just need to follow other babs and wearers on twitter and keep an eye out for padding parties and get togethers in your twitter feed. More of these parties happen at last minute or spur of the moment than organised ones.
I was lucky at AC this year that a friend I had room with me organised a Saturday night padded get together (helped that we were in a suite so lots of room and about 40 peeps turned up =3 . FWA this year there was a late minute party announced so I went along and had a great time but time ran out and we had to vacate the room, so those who wanted ended up back at my room for a bit more relaxing together and just getting to know each other if we didn't before.

If you're in doubt as to pad or not at con.... it doesn't hurt to throw a few dipes in your bag for just in case ;)

My plan was to go to rainfurrest this year, since I was going to be at school in Portland which is just a few hours away. However, financial aid isn't covering as much as I thought would, so I wasn't able to go. For sure (or should I say "fur sure") I'll be going next year.

I have plans after last years RMFC to a babyfur/diaperfur room party. Movies, gift bags, fresh changes, and a few rules. I'd wanna plan it out with a few other people, but it'll probably be a thing at the 2016 RMFC.

I've never been to a convention but it looks like NatNapUK's happening this year and I'm seriously thinking of going. You see it looks like it's destined to be a biennial event and I'm not getting any younger...yes that might seem strange but that's my reason...I really don't even fully know why if I make a self-asesmnt! bringmesunshine p.s alright maybe's it's because ABDLI(nfantilism) doesn't feel like a young persons world (people who take part who are between 35 and 60 years of age almost certainly outnumber the participants aged between 21 and 35) but I have a hope of meeting someone my age.

I was in the area so I went to Motor City Furry Con this year... I couldn't find any friends who wanted to go and I was feeling nervous since this was my first furry convention (I've heard horror stories about certain ones and wasn't sure if this would be one of those or not) so I dragged my mom along. She enjoyed it just as much as I did and absolutely loved the fursuits -- she said she wouldn't mind doing it again next year. Guess I'll have to get her some ears!

arcituthis said:
I'd like to go to one eventually but I'm a little shy and don't fare too well around large groups of people. That being said, at 3 hours away Anthrocon would be the most logical one for me to go to. I would probably leave being ABDL at home the first time or two though.

WOW! You should try to go, but i do suggest going to a few smaller conventions first, so you can get a feel for how they are (many also have a "So,, This Is Your First Con" panel, that can help you with many of the questions "first-timers" have. Anyway, had you would have felt almost like you were at home, visiting my room at AC, as I was the only DL/DF, in a room full of AB/BF (one of the tasks, of being the default "changer", was to also take out the black plastic bag in the morning, that would have anywhere from 5 to 10 used diapers in it, down the one of the staff access utilities areas, with the large trash bins in them-that bag can get pretty heavy, especially the morning, after a couple of the boys, wanted to play in the tub, diaper and all, the night before-kids, whatta ya' gonna do?? *LOL*). It's somewhat interesting, that at certain cons, I've noticed that at least, 40% of the attendees, were noticeable diaper wearers-most likely, that actual percentage was much higher?? And then, there are conventions, just for diapered people, with a strong theme, toward the AB side_TeddyCon, CAPcon with others, I hear, being planned.

PaddedAndHappy said:
It's somewhat interesting, that at certain cons, I've noticed that at least, 40% of the attendees, were noticeable diaper wearers-most likely, that actual percentage was much higher?? And then, there are conventions, just for diapered people, with a strong theme, toward the AB side_TeddyCon, CAPcon with others, I hear, being planned.

At TFF (Texas Furry Fiesta) they had ribbons they were giving out, that could be added to your con badge. They said "Crinkle". Said it'd help others wearing identify each other. You didn't have to wear it.

Ohh cool. Haven't heard of those cons. Have to look them up.

Furpocalypse in Connecticut is coming up later now in October.
I would be able to go to it, if I had another local furry Aspie friend of mine could join me.

caitianx said:
I have never been to a Furry Convention, even though I am a fursuiter.

But why not? If you have both the ways and means, you really should go to at least one. They are actually quite fun. When I can afford it and have to time to go, I try to get to several every year.

- - - Updated - - -

Mattew said:
I went to my first fur con earlier this year. Texas Furry Fiesta. Lots of fun. Very overwhelming for me tho. I'm not really a fan of large groups of people. But still it was a fun experience.

Did you get to hang out with any of the large number of AB/DL, DF/BF, cubs, littles, middles, daddies/mommies, that also attend TFF?/ I was there too, even made it up to the Cub Hub a few times during the con.

- - - Updated - - -

puppyz said:
Furs who haven't been to a con and are unsure about padding or babbing out.... just need to follow other babs and wearers on twitter and keep an eye out for padding parties and get togethers in your twitter feed. More of these parties happen at last minute or spur of the moment than organised ones.
I was lucky at AC this year that a friend I had room with me organised a Saturday night padded get together (helped that we were in a suite so lots of room and about 40 peeps turned up =3 . FWA this year there was a late minute party announced so I went along and had a great time but time ran out and we had to vacate the room, so those who wanted ended up back at my room for a bit more relaxing together and just getting to know each other if we didn't before.

If you're in doubt as to pad or not at con.... it doesn't hurt to throw a few dipes in your bag for just in case ;)

Hey M8, you just might have seen/talked to me, while there at both AC and FWA, as I was at both of those and did manage to wonder in a few of the "padded people parties"??

- - - Updated - - -

Mattew said:
At TFF (Texas Furry Fiesta) they had ribbons they were giving out, that could be added to your con badge. They said "Crinkle". Said it'd help others wearing identify each other. You didn't have to wear it.

Ohh cool. Haven't heard of those cons. Have to look them up.

Yup, I get one of those too, when I attend certain cons-yes, it does help, in quietly finding others.

PaddedAndHappy said:

Did you get to hang out with any of the large number of AB/DL, DF/BF, cubs, littles, middles, daddies/mommies, that also attend TFF?/ I was there too, even made it up to the Cub Hub a few times during the con.

I did get to see / meet tons of others. I went to the cub hub some. For me, I've met a few others before, but nothing like the numbers of people I was meeting there. I'm a fairly shy person. I don't like large groups of people. So while I met a ton of people, I didn't interact much. I was too overwhelmed & intimidated.

I've contacted people I met here to talk online. I've apologized for not interacting & talking when I met them.

But yeah. Tons of people there.

Some of you, that might be hesitant about going to a con, or if going, about wearing (or even babbing out)-please, feel at ease, in the knowledge, that more and more attendees, are also ABs/DLs, DFs/BFs, cubs, littles, middles, along with mommies/daddies/caregivers. I was the only DL, (and most of the time official changer) on my room at AC, the others (and their friends) were mostly ABs/BFs and cubs. Many of the cons are also putting on their schedules (plus, a few other impromptu meeting/get togethers), panels, discussion groups or Meet-N-Greets, for the us diaper people. At certain cons, the percentage of the padded attendees (and the diaper friendly friends), can be a close as 40% of the people attending the convention.

I go to vancoufur in Vancouver BC Canada and Me my roommates at it host a little cub hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back