Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formula for adults?

Question Formula for adults?

Does anyone know of formulas for adults, i.e. Something that tastes okay and can replace a meal? I looked at the meal shakes but those often taste off to me and are full of sugar, chars or calories, which is complicated since I need to loose weight,

Meal shakes are fine, even for losing weight, if you actually use them instead of meals rather than in addition to.

Soylent. If you can get your hand on any. Apparently it tastes like vanilla oatmeal.

Quote Originally Posted by WildRoseBaby View Post
    Soylent. If you can get your hand on any. Apparently it tastes like vanilla oatmeal.
    Really?
    Years ago, my late Mom had to be fed the adult version of baby formula via a g-tube.
    Trouble it, it is very expensive.

This stuff is cheaper because they found away to get around health and safety regulations by calling it a supplement and therefor never did proper testing like the medical stuff.

Did you check the label for Ensure and products like it? Those may compare better than the meal shakes.

Best thing to do is try some protein shakes. If you want that "mild" baby formula taste go for the vanilla flavor. But if you want to actually enjoy a bottle try the chocolate. And finally if you really want the true baby formula experience go for a hemp protein shake. Hemp protein is awesome for your body but kills the taste buds on your tongue, it has the best equivalent taste to baby formula, in my opinion (nasty tasting but good for you).

The serve drinks as nutritional supplements to the elderly who don't eat much. Check out Ensure, also Walmart has an off brand. Closest thing I can think of and they are pretty good.

https://ensure.com

Quote Originally Posted by WildRoseBaby View Post
    Soylent Green?

Does normal milk you buy at the store not work well for this?