Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone told their adult siblings?

Default Anyone told their adult siblings?

Please advise if there is a thread on this topic already. I cannot find it.
    My brother and i are very close, we have been forever. I used to steal his diapers. He is my only sibling. He knows about my bedwetting (and diapers) since he camps with us sometimes and stays at our house. He is in his 30's and still sleeps with his baby blanket. He possibly remembers when we were kids and i would sleep with a towel in my underwear. I am pretty sure he would accept my truth and it may not be too much of a surprise. I would like to tell him so i dont have to hide during the day when he comes over. Dont worry, basketball shorts or trackpants are covering the diaper. Maybe our collective insight might help me understand some things about the past? Your thoughts? Is it a bad idea? If this goes well, i may also approach my parents since they live in the same building as me. I'm getting tired of taking the stairs ten floors while padded, so i wont cross them in the elevator. Is that a good idea? Feeling exhausted for hiding something that is so much a part of me, and its not harmful to anyone. But, concerned i am making a bad choice even though i really got nothing to lose (or gain?)

If you really think you can trust him, and think that this is a good idea, you can always tell him.

But remember, you can't make him forget it.

This is a touchy subject. For me, I wouldn't ever tell any of my IRL friends or family. I stand nothing to gain from it, and it could do more damage than good.

I also would go on the side of caution, and wouldn't do it.

I'm not you tho. I haven't lived your life, and don't know the extent of your relationship with your brother and parents. Take time thinking about this, before you jump into it. You family might not care, or become very confused as to why you're telling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    If you really think you can trust him, and think that this is a good idea, you can always tell him.

But remember, you can't make him forget it.

This is a touchy subject. For me, I wouldn't ever tell any of my IRL friends or family. I stand nothing to gain from it, and it could do more damage than good.

I also would go on the side of caution, and wouldn't do it.

I'm not you tho. I haven't lived your life, and don't know the extent of your relationship with your brother and parents. Take time thinking about this, before you jump into it. You family might not care, or become very confused as to why you're telling them.
    I will second what Mattew has said.

THe last ones I will tell is my brothers. Unless I want it posted on the internet and the family phone tree.

*looks around confused*

I gave good advise?

But seriously, take time & think about it. It's something I'd never do, & I'm confused about others wanting too.

Do you need to wear for medical reasons during the day?

If so, then it might be a conversation worth having. To avoid embarrassing situations in the future.

But if they aren't medically needed during the day...umm...I'd have to say "no, don't do it".

Try to think about this from their perspective. If you brother liked / wanted to wear something for comfort / pleasure / enjoyment; would you want to know, or have him bring the conversation up with you. What about your dad? Your mom?

If you've grown up with a relationship that allows for these conversations, great. But if not, I'd keep it a secret.

I think if I really wanted or needed to wear, I'd wear without telling. If I got discovered, then conversation would probably happen, but diapers, if they aren't really big, usually aren't that noticeable. I think you can have both worlds, wearing and not telling, if you're careful. If not, visits are usually short. When I have family staying over at our house, I pack all of my stuff and keep it hidden in black plastic trash bags in the basement. I can go that long and I sure don't want them to know.

You guys are saying what the little 'angle' on one shoulder is saying. -Better be careful, it cannot be undone-. Mattew, i dont need for medical during the day, which obviously makes it instantly wierd to many. I'm gonna roll with dogboys advice and just be stealth and if it comes up from a butt pat or whatever, then address it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMax View Post
    You guys are saying what the little 'angle' on one shoulder is saying. -Better be careful, it cannot be undone-. Mattew, i dont need for medical during the day, which obviously makes it instantly wierd to many. I'm gonna roll with dogboys advice and just be stealth and if it comes up from a butt pat or whatever, then address it.
    I can only add my own personal data point. I told my parents at a point when I was seeking support and feeling a lot of pressure from them to get into a relationship. I regret doing it, though it worked out okay in the end. But there was a very bad initial reaction and I still feel like they don't really get it (my mom has suggested several times that maybe if I get a girlfriend I'll "get over it" and that's just...no, really not happening). Some months after telling them, I wore a diaper while I was around them and after a whole day and a wet diaper without any comment, I asked my mom if she could even tell and she was surprised about it.

All of which is a long way of saying that I recommend stealth first. Seriously, nobody looks at your butt or pays attention to what undies you're wearing unless you make yourself so nervous that you start acting weird or you make it incredibly obvious (like sticking out of your pants with no cover obvious). If, for some reason, somebody notices and decides to bring it up, you can say that you're perfectly fine but you just like wearing them.

Thankyou Archieroni. Its shocking what people think about it. I can imagine my mom saying something exactly like that. Its actually similar to what she said when i told her i am gay. She said "dont act on it until you try a girl".

I am going the stealth route. Can wear a thinner diaper in those situations. It still makes me nervous but it will get easier with practice, hopefully.

Hmm, interesting story. I would only bring it up if he finds your diapers for some reason. I told my twin sister way back when we where 12 so I was much younger when I brought told her. She still knows about it since she has looked through my stuff a lot of times, especially back in high school. She always thought it was weird, but it's not something that we talk to much about.

I agree with dogboy on this. Just wear and be comfortable with yourself in your own house, but still be discrete. When your brother comes over, just wear your diapers, but wear some pants, or baggy clothing that kinda covers it up. If you are careful, people probably wont notice.

I probably wouldn't tell parents, they usually have the most difficult time with that type of news, I think it just has something to do with the fact that you are their child, and they are supposed to help you grow up.

To answer your question about telling though. I have been strangely very open in my family. I told my parents because I was living with them at the time, and I really wanted to feel safe ordering diapers, and them not being concerned about me if they found something. I also wanted them to be able to understand the difficulties of my dating life. In the end it was a really bad experience in telling them.

Because of all the drama, I was in a conversation with my sister and brother in law, where it became relevant to the context of our discussion to spill be beans on my diaper thing to them, so I ended up doing it with a little prodding from them. They have been a super nice support to me, and it was actually really cool to have them on my side. I went on a trip with them to help them move, and for the two weeks I was gone, I was diapered the whole time.

My another sister of mine was concerned about me and what had been going on, so she kept on asking my other sister about me, and then I just gave them permission to share it because I guess I was feeling trusting.

Then my last sister, I ended up telling personally because we were having a deep conversation about family issues, and it also became relevant to the story to tell, and since by this time I was pretty liberated in being open to other people, I told her too.

I still haven't told my brother though, although there is some suspicion that he already knows just by family gossip.

In the end, telling my other two sisters has really been non-consequential, but telling my first sister was really helpful.

Id say, there can be some benefits. It all depends on what you want/need out of the situation. If it is worth the risk to you, then maybe it is worth telling, but I promise, when somebody takes advantage of that info, it permanently ruins your relationship with them, my relationship with my parents won't ever be the same. A lot of your choice to tell hinges on your ability to asses the people you are going to tell. Ask yourself how open minded the appear now, not what kind of person they were back then. The fact that your brother still sleeps with a baby blanket is kinda funny and unusual for a normal adult, so I would say maybe you have some signals there, although if anything, you have a point that you can use to help him understand if you do tell, you can say that wearing diapers for you is kinda like him sleeping with his baby blanket, it is a comfort object that brings you back to childhood.

I probably have one of the more liberalized opinions on the openness of our community, although that is also because I'm willing to deal with the consequences of it now, however I still have to make sure it doesn't spread over to my work because I work at an Elementary, and I just don't want any wrong ideas.