Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
This things make no sense to me. The credit card companies say, You want a credit card? I say Yes. Then they come back with, you have no credit so we can't help you. How does that make any sense to anyone? This is complete broken logic. I'm thinking of moving again, but I need credit to an apartment. I find my hometown is a lost cause so I want to leave and start fresh somewhere better.

Credit companies can't perform a credit check on you without your consent, so they initially offer you a card without checking all your details. Then you apply and consent to the check. They check and with the additional information decline you.

Apparently a good way to build your "credit score" is to get a pre-paid card (where your "credit" is actually secured with a cash deposit). Don't keep applying for cards, or make multiple applications at the same time -- every application reduces your creditworthiness.

There's lots of random stuff that might be of interest on The Search Engine:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+build+credit+score

- - - Updated - - -

PaddedPuppy said:
As responsible lenders, banks and credit card issuers need to run credit and affordability checks on you.

Responsible lenders?! The banks?! You're kidding me, right? They pretty much caused a global recession due to reckless lending and gambling.

DarkBabyMagicain said:
This things make no sense to me. The credit card companies say, You want a credit card? I say Yes. Then they come back with, you have no credit so we can't help you. How does that make any sense to anyone? This is complete broken logic. I'm thinking of moving again, but I need credit to an apartment. I find my hometown is a lost cause so I want to leave and start fresh somewhere better.

word of wisdom from the others, but you have to remember that the usurers aren't there to help you, they're there to police you, to ensure your compliance with and obedience to the governmental system.
the logic is that if you're not already beholden to them, they don't like you because they don't control you.

ade said:
word of wisdom from the others, but you have to remember that the usurers aren't there to help you, they're there to police you, to ensure your compliance with and obedience to the governmental system.
the logic is that if you're not already beholden to them, they don't like you because they don't control you.

There's no need for conspiracy theories.

Banks offer credit cards because they make money off of them. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fruitkitty said:
There's no need for conspiracy theories.
no conspiracy theories here, just matters of fact (and well-known ones at that. where have you been?)

Fruitkitty said:
Banks offer credit cards because they make money off of them. Nothing more, nothing less.

quite a bit more, actually. you're omitting the bit about credit only for those who have a government issued proof of identity and all that having that entails and costs. and what the banks then do with the money they've 'made'.
not forgetting that banks typically own the insurers to whom we're also indebted and who work with the police, and do the work of policing, and often we're legally compelled to have insurance which very much makes insurers agents of the state.
and, of course, not forgetting how the government happily bails out both banks and insurers, but not those who've lost their homes, whilst their former homes stand empty.

Go check on a credit score site (I recommend credit karma, the one on tv with the really bad commercials) once you get your score, they will recommend cards based on your score and you'll usually get approved for at least one of them. Keep in mind though, your score will drop a little every time you get denied

There are credit cards available to those who do not have much of a credit history, you just have to go looking for them. The credit limit will be low and the APR brutally high, but as long as you charge only what you can afford and pay back the entire balance in full you should be fine. After a few years of building credit you would be able to apply for other credit cards with more success. To give my own example I first got a credit card in college, which was one of the secured credit cards. After 2 years I was approved for another credit card with far better terms (after being denied the first time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back