Thread: I have been using my fantisies and my phone too much as a crutch

Question I have been using my fantisies and my phone too much as a crutch

Hey its me again, Last night I think I figured out why I tend to sabotage myself, you see I really have been letting my fantasies effect my life wayyyyyyyyyy to much, which I know I shouldn't but I do, I know it doesn't help in the long run, and also sometimes my inner voice tends to speak of what I like about them in a kind of babyish, kind of mocking tone, and I do admitingly regress every night, which I know its wrong, but still I do it anyway, also I tend to get obsessive with my phone, that I use it every night, when I don't have homework, and play games on it and when I am at McDonald's look up abdl, TG, sissy, Age regression images, captions, which I save as image files and stories from Deviant Art, Sparklestories, and other sites that I download as pdf files, using a website, and weirdly enough, Imagine I was in those shoes, and that I was a little baby, toddler, again, or an LG, and temporary escape from my life, which considering everything It can get insane anyway I really don't know what to do because every time I think I have an awenser and everything seems good, something, someone or some thought comes and ruins it, and I don't want to use abdl or my phone as a crutch but I really don't know where to began in that regard.

Hi KittyninjaW,

It's clear from both what you've said and the way you've said it, that you need to take a deep breath and put things into perspective. Sometimes when we're stressed about one thing (in this case your ABDL desires), it's easy to just follow a chain of thought where everything we do seems awful. That isn't the case.

I use my phone as a crutch quite a lot - or rather, I use social media as a crutch. I'm someone who looks for validation for my writing and my intellect too much. It's not so much low self-esteem as just instability and needing reinforcement. If searching for ABDL things on your phone helps you escape the stress of adult life, there's no problem with that. The issue begins when obsessing over ABDL prevents you from functioning in your adult role and causing low mood. If you feel either or both of those things are happening, my advice is simple. Go see a psychologist (or at the very least a counsellor).

Whilst you can't do much about other people ruining things (other than try to discuss it with them), one thing you can do is recognise that your thoughts aren't necessarily a reflection on your personality or your brain. I have OCD and get very dark intrusive thoughts, but all thoughts are are random things which flit into your brain. Everyone gets thoughts they don't want. The key is not to put too much weight and emphasis on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post

It's clear from both what you've said and the way you've said it, that you need to take a deep breath and put things into perspective. Sometimes when we're stressed about one thing (in this case your ABDL desires), it's easy to just follow a chain of thought where everything we do seems awful. That isn't the case.
    That is very true, I have been stressing a lot, Lately. Due to college and my brother, and like you said my ABDL fantasies, and things just kinda build up.

I use my phone as a crutch quite a lot - or rather, I use social media as a crutch. I'm someone who looks for validation for my writing and my intellect too much. It's not so much low self-esteem as just instability and needing reinforcement. If searching for ABDL things on your phone helps you escape the stress of adult life, there's no problem with that. The issue begins when obsessing over ABDL prevents you from functioning in your adult role and causing low mood. If you feel either or both of those things are happening, my advice is simple. Go see a psychologist (or at the very least a counsellor).
    Your right there, sometimes I do seek validation from other's too much, I know I shouldn't but I do, and your right on that regard.

Whilst you can't do much about other people ruining things (other than try to discuss it with them), one thing you can do is recognise that your thoughts aren't necessarily a reflection on your personality or your brain. I have OCD and get very dark intrusive thoughts, but all thoughts are are random things which flit into your brain. Everyone gets thoughts they don't want. The key is not to put too much weight and emphasis on them.
    Aggreed and I will try.