Status
Not open for further replies.

FievelandTonyAB93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm just posting this here even though many of us are probably already aware of the fact that the legendary horror filmmaker Wes Craven passed away on the night of August 30 at 76. Brain cancer was the cause of death. Best known for A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream. I've been watching the Freddy Krueger series for years and for some reason Krueger never seemed to scare me, but rather he comes off as a comedian just bringing me so many laughs through his puns and other stuff.

He is forever missed. R.I.P. Wes Craven 1939-2015

Many, many great horror movies indeed. He will be missed as one of the great ones.

I was genuinely scared the first time I saw his first Freddie Cruger movie. It was so frustrating because the sleeping teenagers could never win, except for the last one, and I think she died at the beginning of the second movie.

I'm a big horror movie fan. I was really sad to hear the news about Wes. I loved several of the movies that he was a part of. The horror industry lost a good guy.

Mattew said:
I'm a big horror movie fan. I was really sad to hear the news about Wes. I loved several of the movies that he was a part of. The horror industry lost a good guy.

The horror industry did lose another great icon a few months ago when the woman behind the killer cook in Friday the 13th (Betsy Palmer) died of natural causes. So from what I'm notified about, it's two big horror losses we've had this year.

FievelandTonyAB93 said:
The horror industry did lose another great icon a few months ago when the woman behind the killer cook in Friday the 13th (Betsy Palmer) died of natural causes. So from what I'm notified about, it's two big horror losses we've had this year.

Yeah. I'd have to check on others. I think there'd been more. Christopher Lee is another. He did many horror roles.

I usually hear about others on a podcast I listen too. Hauntcast. Plus reading posts from other Halloween fans online.

When I was in college and a little later, one of the off TV stations used to show all the Christopher Lee movies, and I loved them.

Ohh cool. Yeah he was big in Horror for awhile. I didn't know that for awhile until I went through a phase when I started to watch old horror movies.

R.I.P. Wes. As a whole I've never been much into horror movies, but you have to admire how seminal his films were and how they changed the film landscape. Last House on the Left was one of the first truly visceral horror movies. A Nightmare on Elm Street was an ingenious premise which spawned a lot of inferior rip-offs and Scream gave us some of the most iconic moments (and masks) in modern movie history. A truly inspirational filmmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back