Status
Not open for further replies.

littleabjames

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Ok so I keep my diapers in my drawers and when I was gone to class my roommate said he tried to find the advil and he couldn't find it in any of my drawers. What should I tell him if he asks why I have them.

First, I would ask that in the future, your storage space and privacy should be respected. Speak clearly and calmly, and without making him feel defensive enough that he might use this against you later.

Secondly, it depends on what kind of diapers he may have seen. If they're plain "medical" adult diapers/pull-ups, try saying something like, "sometimes I need them. It's not something you need to be worried about, and you can count on me keeping it discreet and sanitary. I'd appreciate you keeping this between us. I hope finding them didnt make you feel uncomfortable. Do you have any questions or concerns?" He'll assume that you need them for medical reasons, and typically college kids are compassionate enough to keep a secret like this.

If they were printed ABDL diapers or something marketed as a children's product, you may have to take a different approach, which is harder to articulate here.

If you do choose to admit that they are for recreational/sexual use, some important things to touch on would be:
-you're not a pedophile
-you would appreciate his discretion
-he can expect your discretion when wearing/using as well
-share that you're open to hearing his thoughts or concerns, and that if he's confused or curious and wants to communicate about it, you may be open to that
-understand what his boundaries might be. Maybe a code, like the age-old necktie-on-the-doorknob, would help you both feel safe in your shared space.

If you feel like replying with more specific info about this event, it might help me and others give you more pertinent advice.

Big hugs!

Reactions: Deleted member 29386
Me might not even ask but if he does it's your call really. I guess lie about it if you're good at it, or you can tell him the truth. Not sure what I'd do, but I probably wouldn't hide them in DRAWERS in the first place :) :)

First off he should have never gone through your drawers.
Secondly do not bring it up unless he does and don't even talk about them or mention them and if he does you can either tell the truth or you could make up some kind of lie and pass it off as a medical issue or something.
When I was in college I did not hide them in my drawers, I hid them in a storage area on my side of the room that was above the door that was kind of hard to get to. I would advise that you find a better hiding spot.

littleabjames said:
Ok so I keep my diapers in my drawers and when I was gone to class my roommate said he tried to find the advil and he couldn't find it in any of my drawers. What should I tell him if he asks why I have them.

Bummer, dude! Hopefully nothing too awkward ensued. Like you, I stored my diapers in a drawer in my dorm room and didn't worry too much about it. I did, however, lay my underwear over the top of my diapers, so a quick glance into the drawer by an unsuspecting person wouldn't have been an instant disaster. I also figured that my roommate wouldn't be too eager to be caught going through my underwear drawer. Thankfully for me, things worked out. On the last day of school, I did thoughtlessly allow my then-girlfriend to help empty and pack my drawers, but realized what I'd done and redirected her before she'd gotten to *that* drawer. :)

It's possible, I suppose, that your roomie was so laser-focused on spotting a pill bottle that he didn't realize what he was looking at when he found your diapers, and just went on looking elsewhere. One can hope!

I'm pretty much going to echo everyone else in if he doesn't bring it up don't bring it up. You might be tempted to worry about him telling other people but think about it who's going to believe him. Also another point is its not really any of his buiness frankly. You don't owe him an explanation just because he found it. I know that sounds kind fo harsh but it's true. It's what I told my mom the second time she found my stash. He didn't have any business being in your stuff, and that fact that he found something is his fault not yours, and you don't owe him an explanation. if anything he owes you an explanation for going through your stuff. Sorry if I come off as a bit mean but you shouldn't feel guilty or embarrassed in any way if he went snooping, even if the snooping wasn't intentional, and found something, like what did he expect to find.

Since he was looking for the Advil, I don't imagine he'd be concerned about the diapers. If he does bring it up, just tell him they're for medical reasons or tell him the truth.

If he definitely saw them, then not much point hiding them in a different place.
Just carry on as normal and don't bring it up unless he does first....if you move them to a different place he'll know you're trying to hide something. IMHO just act as normal as you already have been.
He may check back in your drawer to make sure he did see what he think he saw and whether any are gone etc....
I guess I'm saying that he knows.... and nothing is going to change that and the only thing that will change anything is if you get defensive about it.
just my 2c
:3

Don't worry about it, just carry on as nothing happened if he probably won't ask as a lot of people young and old need diapers 24/7. If he asks and he probably won't just explain you need them and leave it at that. So don't stress and remember when You wear diapers for medical or for fun it's not a matter if some one will find out but when.

I think my Boss and a customer saw the top of my diaper while I was installing a cable under a desk nothing was said and I have decided not to stress about it.

Just relax consentrate on school and don't stress what you can't change he may not even have thought twice about it

I feel like if he didn't say anything to you originally, you shouldn't bring it up. He was probably more embarrassed than you are.

just tell them, you had severe dirrhia.

Ok just an update he has said nothing about them but I need them for bedwetting since I wet the bed from time to time

If you want to ignore it then, that is one path forward. If you feel like there is something awkward between you now and you want to resolve it, then maybe you should find a way to talk about it to clear the air. I think it depends on how you feel about the situation, and how you want to feel about it. If you are nonchalant about it, he probably will be too.

I would love to be able to tell my roommate but how do I bring it up and tell him

At this point you should let the incident go and move on, especially since he did not bring them up in the first place. Chances are he may not even remember seeing them at this point, given that you first reported the incident a week ago, and even if he does, he may not care about them at all.

Not to mention telling him carries several risks of its own. If you get along with him, you run the risk of souring things between the two of you, and if you don't, things could get much worse than they are.

The only time I suggest that you tell him would be if he approaches you about them in a non-confrontational way. Even then, it is probably best to just mention that you need them for occasional bedwetting or something.

I agree with most of what has been said, just let it lie, or if it gets brought up, you could just say that it was a temporary thing after some dodgy food. Here's some food for thought... an old friend of mine had a bad takeaway once and his food poisoning was so bad that the hospital actually gave him some sort of pads to use. I never seen them myself but one of my mates visited him at home while he was ill and was telling me how lazy the guy was for leaving his nappies on show in his room. This is true, I promise. A good few people knew and nobody really cared - and my friends are big fans of taking the piss out of each other, trust me!

So you could always just say that happened to you, the hospital gave them to him and you never used them but kept them incase you needed to go out urgently and didn't want to crap your pants. Ask him what he would do in that situation, it could literally happen to anybody... laugh it off and you'll be fine.

Or you're looking to test the waters, you could always tell him that they were an exe's who was into AB. I've been with a few girls with odd fetishes - one was into blood sucking and even had her bf's get blood tests when things got serious for that very purpose. I have told one or two people about her (they have no idea who she is etc, totally anonymous) and they were a bit weirded out but didn't really care. I've also thrown ABDL into that story too to see peoples reactions and to be honest, nobody really cares. If you want to test the water, why not say something like "hey, have you ever been with anyone kinky? This one girl..." And just go from there to see the reaction you get :)

Good luck!

:detective3 I echo what some others have said. If your roommate hasn't brought this up, there really isn't any need to do so.

In all likelihood if he hasn't said something, he may have been just as embarrassed as you in finding them and really doesn't want to bring it up. It is quite possible that they regretted the fact they saw them at all as it was an obvious intrusion upon your privacy. And I know, I know, there are a lot of others who might find this as something they could give you a hard time about, but the fact that nothing was said is a good indication this isn't the case.

As others have done, I offer you a big hug, as this was obviously a traumatic experience and one with which I can relate. :hug: --While in college, I shared an apartment with three others. We each had our own rooms and there were two bathrooms. Well, without going into unnecessary details, my roommate happened to discover one of my used diapers. There was no doubt that he had seen it, as the circumstances were such that it would have been a miracle had he not done so. I was so embarrassed!! :eek!:

I cried inside and couldn't believe I was so careless. I waited for something to be said, but there never was. We remained roommates throughout the year and had a lot of great times together, but nothing ever came of this.

My guesses are that your experience will be quite similar. Do not fret or lose any more sleep over this. If it does come up, simply share what you have with us here, in that you have to wear at times because of sometimes wetting the bed. Only a real jerk is going to give you grief over that. Since your roommate hasn't given any evidence of doing that, then my guess is that any worries you have are unnecessary.

Having said all that, can I share another experience on the flip side of this?

--While staring a new work position, I rented a house with two other friends. Each of us had our own rooms and shared the living room and kitchen areas. I was asked by one of my friends to watch his dog while he left for vacation. His room had an outside entrance and the dog was mostly just in that area of the house. When I came home from work and went to check on the dog, I found a couple of wet diapers the dog had drug out of his trash!

While my first reaction was, holy cow, I am not the only one wearing diapers around here, my instinct was actually that he must truly wear because of a medical need. Even though my reasons for wearing is simply being AB/DL, I really didn't assume that he might be. But the next day, the dog had partially drug out from under his bed a baby print cloth diaper holder full of diapers!

At that point I actually realized that most likely he was AB as I wouldn't expect someone who was just incontinent to store their diapers in such an obviously baby related method. However, even though my interest was thoroughly peaked, I never brought myself to talking with him about it. I simply put the cloth diaper holder back under his bed and disposed of the diapers in the trash where they were originally placed.

I share that with you simply to note that even while being an AB/DL, I didn't find it necessary to talk with my friend of my discovery. I am more than willing to bet that since your roommate said nothing about it, that he does not hold anything against you and doesn't really see the need to talk with you about it.

Hug your plushie if you have one, and don't give it further thought.

:detective3 All is well.

Well, good enough advice has been given so I won't really chime in. I just second not bringing it up and if necessary mention what you've told us. tg4selfcheckout's advice is pretty good. I was just thinking how weird/awkward it'd be if your roommate were talking to someone and somehow the subject of "so my roommate has a whole bunch of diapers" comes up. My point is, unless he's a real jerk and/or has little to no social awareness, he probably won't bring it up.

I'd be stressing for sure if I were you too. Actually, during my freshman year of college my roommate found some used diapers of mine and confronted me. I had them for ABDL reasons but I just said they were for bedwetting and it was never brought up again. Good luck with it and keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back