Not open for further replies.

Bear85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
  4. Other
So I decided to book in to have a consultation for laser hair removal (tomorrow) and they said they can start the treatment that day if all is well.... but I thought I'd ask if anyone else has had this experience or know someone that has?
apologies if TMI but I'm looking at getting my anus, general buttock area around my anus and inner thigh/below testicles zapped away to help with incontinence episodes/clean-up and general rash/infections and foliculitis I get in these areas, which is driving me nuts.
a bit nervous about being seen in my nappy also, but all the medical appointments i've had recently in regards to my crohns and IC im not quite as anxious.... but it's still difficult to tell someone new for the first time, as it is still rather embarrassing.. also worried of being incontinent with my nappy off while receiving treatment! but i guess I'll cross that bridge if it pops up..

any feedback on laser hair removal would be greatly appreciated :)

Can't give any feedback but I've been tempted to do this also...I'm un-naturally hairy (tho it runs the family) especially 'down their' but that's what you'd expect. The first step for me would be a temporary shave and nothing perminent, it's just I visited a ABDL nursery back in '13 and after a soiling the hair 'down there' proved to be so bad that - even tho she made a good cleaning attempt at it - the 'mummy' I was paying didn't actually get everything out and I had to go 'hands-on' with a sink and hot water (!), now you don't pay a hefty amount of money to do the job your self so of course it's problematic. I've not been to a nursery since...also I've not got for hair removal since or infact ever! I would proberbly get shaved via someone else - possible, ive got my contacts - and see how helpful it was, if it proved helpful and enjoyable...and I bet it would, I may to be tempted to sort the problem out doubly-so. I don't care about feeling, being judged or maybe even being seen as less-of-a-man...I'd prefer the less-work path. Finally we don't number a few, the person treating you very well may have encounted others like yourself. Good luck. bringmesunshine

- - - Updated - - -

Also - if you don't mind me asking - what's your preference out of cloth-backed or plastic-backed? I only ask coz you site Molicare Super Plus's as your favrit and I know they've recently changed the Super Plus's to cloth-backed...well they have in the UK anyway. Apparently in Europe there's no change. This may be of no importance because maybe you've also been uneffected - I'd be interested to hear. bms

bringmesunshine said:
Can't give any feedback but I've been tempted to do this also...I'm un-naturally hairy (tho it runs the family) especially 'down their' but that's what you'd expect. The first step for me would be a temporary shave and nothing perminent, it's just I visited a ABDL nursery back in '13 and after a soiling the hair 'down there' proved to be so bad that - even tho she made a good cleaning attempt at it - the 'mummy' I was paying didn't actually get everything out and I had to go 'hands-on' with a sink and hot water (!), now you don't pay a hefty amount of money to do the job your self so of course it's problematic. I've not been to a nursery since...also I've not got for hair removal since or infact ever! I would proberbly get shaved via someone else - possible, ive got my contacts - and see how helpful it was, if it proved helpful and enjoyable...and I bet it would, I may to be tempted to sort the problem out doubly-so. I don't care about feeling, being judged or maybe even being seen as less-of-a-man...I'd prefer the less-work path. Finally we don't number a few, the person treating you very well may have encounted others like yourself. Good luck. bringmesunshine

- - - Updated - - -

Also - if you don't mind me asking - what's your preference out of cloth-backed or plastic-backed? I only ask coz you site Molicare Super Plus's as your favrit and I know they've recently changed the Super Plus's to cloth-backed...well they have in the UK anyway. Apparently in Europe there's no change. This may be of no importance because maybe you've also been uneffected - I'd be interested to hear. bms

Hi there BMS, yes Molicare super plus have gone clothlike here too... the new product is dreadfull, leaky and uncomfortable. I have a rather large supply of old super plus hidden in my shed, to be used when my skin breaks down and i need a product that is comfortable and doesnt irritate- which the most of the paper ones do. As for my new favourite... theres none that jump out as being anywhere near as good from what is available over here. tena irritates my skin, as do lille and most of the other products. The lighter molicare products are ok, but the capacity isnt there. The newer supplier only grade depends are also ok, but the tapes dont last as long as I think they should. So In short, no I dont have a new fave, because they all have serious flaws, and i'm floating in a sea of misery - and of my own bodily fluids.

- - - Updated - - -

As for how it went, it was relatively painless, a few tender spots in my groin where Ive had many skin problems in the past hurt quite a bit, but the pain went quickly.
it was an odd sensation to have some young pretty girl shave my backside and inner thigh. I kept moving and laughing cause im so ticklish, she thought she was hurting me and kept stopping and apologising.
It was very awkward at first bring up my inc. and the fact I wear a pad, she at first didn't quite understand what I was saying, and I had to use the dreaded N word (nappy) which I have a very love/hate relationship with- when enjoying an ab-dl moment love it, when being an adult and discussing the fact I cant control my bodily functions properly I hate it. But once dropping the N-bomb she realised what the score was, and was very kind and gentle, I mentioned I was worried about pissing all over the furniture if i took it off, we came to an arrangement where by I undid the tapes and she did one half at a time. as for the laser itself, was quite quick, took about 20 mins all up, the shock of each zap did make me pee a little each time, which was highly embarrassing as the wetness strip would have been changing colour.... but she said nothing, she asked me a few questions about my life and whatnot-and my ic and what its like, and when we finished she asked if she had been to blunt or intrusive, to which I said no, she had been quite empathetic and nonjudgemental, which considering all the horrible experiences Ive had with medical staff is a breath of fresh air! She asked if I would prefer her to do the remaining treatments, which I said yes, booked the next one in and that was that.

I couldn't handle shaving so I chose to buy an epilator. After a couple weeks I had all the unwanted hair off my body. I try to do it once a week to catch any stray hairs because that goes much faster than waiting 6 weeks. My husband loves it and switched from shaving to epilating as well. Then our son tried it. We are all amazed at how soft the skin feels as opposed to shaving.

Fascinating said:
I couldn't handle shaving so I chose to buy an epilator.

Could you elaborate on this a bit please? I've not heard of this method before and am unsure as to what you are talking about.

An Epilator is a device with a revolving coiled spring that as it passes over hair tweezes the hair out of it socket - this in simple terms.
It is like a continuous tweezing of hair it comes in contact with. To make this easier it is recommended to trim the hair to about 1/4 to
a half inch before passing the device over the hair patch. At first the pinching and pulling of the hair follicles will be not very pleasant.
Some people can't tolerate this and it is suggested to take an aspirin medication before hand. After the first few applications the hair
becomes softer and finer and easier to pull out with less pain. It is not a permanent solution like a laser or electrolysis. But the results
will be satisfactory for a period of several weeks to months.
These epilator devices come in a variety of sizes both AC powered and cordless battery.
For the most part they work fine for the general public and then some not so much.
Check on ebay for pricing or Google it for more detailed information.
In general the pricing is about a few dollars to just around a hundred - you pays for what you get in quality.

Interesting topic, I was just recently looking up getting a Laser hair remover, they do seem quite expensive but if they work as well as I hope that might be the best option for me, I did also look at using an epilator but not sure I would like the pain.

Llayden said:
Could you elaborate on this a bit please? I've not heard of this method before and am unsure as to what you are talking about.
Sure! An epilator is electric tweezers. Mine has 32 that spin and catch hair and remove it. There. Are also 12 and 72 models. My husband and I are thinking of upgrading to 72 since it has two disks that spin opposite directions so in theory should get hair quicker. Some models can be used in the shower, but mine I use after I dry off. It is painful at first but does not take too long to get used to. Every time my husband does his he gets more and more. He wanted his chest and pubic area at first, but now his belly hair is almost gone, his back is totally smooth and he also totally removed the hair from his pits. He also finished his legs but is not using it on his face. He is keeping a full beard. His arms he has not started. I have just about no hair but on my head now as long as I epilate once a week to get any hairs that come back. In my experience doing it every week, my hair seems much finer and thinner but my husband's seems to be taking longer to thin out. We are both on the hair skin nails biotin so we are expected to have rapid hair growth with that vitamin.

Do you need to do a not so close shave before using one or can you use it without any preparation ?

Tylexon said:
Do you need to do a not so close shave before using one or can you use it without any preparation ?
Maybe a half inch would be good. Too long of hairs can clog the wheel with the tweezers on it. Too short and it is harder for the tweezers to get them all.

I was talking to my husband abd he said the first time since they are longer it is easier to get 100% of them so they stay gone for a few weeks. Later on a lot of them are shorter so it is harder to get 100% of them. This means he sees a few hairs within a week now. I just use my manual tweezers between times if there is only one or two stray hairs but my husband is not interested in trying that. He says he trusts me to epilate him a lot more and would not allow me to come at him at all with regular tweezers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back