Pronunciation of different Diaper Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm90210

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
How do you pronounce different diaper brands (especially some of those originating in non-English speaking countries). And if you're anything like me, you don't often actually speak these out loud. It's more the way I say them in my head.

So what's it for you? Here are mine.

Abena? - "uh-BEE-nuh" is usually how it rolls off my tongue. But I could imagine others. "Aaah-bey-nuh"?

Tena? - "TEE-nuh" is my usual but I have a hunch it's also pronounced "TEN-uh"

Molicare? "mall-eee-care" is my usual way. But u could imagine "MOLE-eee-care" or even "MOLE-ih-care"

Kolibri? "Koh-Leee-bree" --- or "call-eee-bree"? Others?

Aww-so-cute?

I may be missing some brands here but these are the most common foreign brands in my mind.

How do you say them?

Molicare I always pronounce "mah-lih-care"

cm90210 said:
How do you pronounce different diaper brands (especially some of those originating in non-English speaking countries). And if you're anything like me, you don't often actually speak these out loud. It's more the way I say them in my head.

So what's it for you? Here are mine.

Abena? - "uh-BEE-nuh" is usually how it rolls off my tongue. But I could imagine others. "Aaah-bey-nuh"?

Tena? - "TEE-nuh" is my usual but I have a hunch it's also pronounced "TEN-uh"

Molicare? "mall-eee-care" is my usual way. But u could imagine "MOLE-eee-care" or even "MOLE-ih-care"

Kolibri? "Koh-Leee-bree" --- or "call-eee-bree"? Others?

Aww-so-cute?

I may be missing some brands here but these are the most common foreign brands in my mind.

How do you say them?

Pretty much same for me except I say ten-uh

Aww-So-Cute is pronounced 'aww-soe-k'you't', with the emphasis on the second 'w'. Obviously a long 'o' sound for 'so'. The 't' at the end of 'cute' should be pronounced toward the front of the mouth avoiding the soft 't' at all costs.

The question remains how to handle the hyphens. Traditionally they are not spoken, but can be if desired. I choose to treat them as if they are merely there to separate the three words in the name. I really feel this is a personal choice.

A bee nah
teh nuh
molly kare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back