Would you discuss ABDL in the public eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I was a bit bored the other night and ended up rewatching the Dr. Phil episode where he had Baby Brett on, just because I thought it might be interesting to take another look at how the host and the media treated ABDL as an issue. It was a bit patronising, but the guy actually came across really well & showed that you can balance AB desires with functioning as an adult. Anyway, it got me to thinking...

If someone you knew said that they thought you'd be a good representative for our community, to discuss your experiences openly and reveal your identity, on TV, in a major publication or somewhere prominent online, would you do it? Do you think that right now, the benefits of sharing that experience, and the world better understanding ABDL would outweigh the possible repercussions of 'coming out' as an AB/Little, or do you feel that the public's stigma about who we are and what we do is still too strong to risk unmasking yourself?

I think if I knew I was going to appear on a serious, responsible platform and not have my words or views twisted, I would go public about ABDL to share my story. However, I would never agree to anything which I felt sensationalised or embellished my desires and experiences, or was set-up to portray ABDL as something weird, to be gawked at. How about fellow ADISCers?

Only if I had final broadcast say.

I would not ever go there. I might to be willing to support somebody that does do this in a sort of behind the scenes sort of way.

Sanch said:
I would never agree to anything which I felt sensationalised or embellished my desires and experiences, or was set-up to portray ABDL as something weird, to be gawked at.

That pretty much sums up what just about every TV station and newspaper does. I don't think I would, plus I would probably say something that the other AB/DL's don't like and then they'll get into the whole "you make us look bad" crap.

Milko said:
That pretty much sums up what just about every TV station and newspaper does. I don't think I would, plus I would probably say something that the other AB/DL's don't like and then they'll get into the whole "you make us look bad" crap.

Most TV stations will report on any alternative lifestyle in that way, but there has been the odd piece of responsible TV about ABDL. Channel 4 in the UK did a documentary titled The 15-Stone Babies a little while back, and that was actually pretty fair and non-judgmental. Obviously they picked interviewees who wanted to be ABDL full-time because that's more interesting to the average viewer than someone who works 9-5, enjoys their adult life and has a little side or diaper fetish which needs indulging every now and again.

You make a good point about the community as a whole though - it would be a big pressure to be 'our representative' as it were, and as people within our community have very varied views about ABDL, you'd be unlikely to please everyone.

I wouldn't discuss it in the public eye because it's a Sexual Fetish. I don't feel the need to tell the world I like to pretend I'm a child.

SnowBlitz said:
I wouldn't discuss it in the public eye because it's a Sexual Fetish. I don't feel the need to tell the world I like to pretend I'm a child.

For you, maybe - but for many Littles there's absolutely nothing sexual about it. I do agree though that if you experience ABDL as a primarily sexual phenomenon, then it makes little sense to discuss it in public. I wouldn't turn up on TV to discuss any of my sexual kinks. However for those of us who feel like ABDL is a lifestyle, and especially the minority who feel like a little trapped in an adult's body, then I think there's more reason to be open as it's an integral part of your psychological makeup.

Sanch said:
Most TV stations will report on any alternative lifestyle in that way, but there has been the odd piece of responsible TV about ABDL. Channel 4 in the UK did a documentary titled The 15-Stone Babies a little while back, and that was actually pretty fair and non-judgmental. Obviously they picked interviewees who wanted to be ABDL full-time because that's more interesting to the average viewer than someone who works 9-5, enjoys their adult life and has a little side or diaper fetish which needs indulging every now and again.

You make a good point about the community as a whole though - it would be a big pressure to be 'our representative' as it were, and as people within our community have very varied views about ABDL, you'd be unlikely to please everyone.

Oh yeah, that Channel 4 programme was great. It's a pity they didn't do it on BBC1 or 2 then more people would see it. Though I suppose channel 4 is known for doing random stuff like this so it would be more down their alley.

First, coming out into public hasn't any social benefits. Mostly you´ll find later comments "What kind of asshole" or "fucked stinky," guess the worst is when call us as "pedos." And for more, a lot of members of this strange ABDL club have (yes, it's true) some mental issues, which's giving (and never quiting) second (but not less harder) stigma of "all of those are stinky fools."

For second, now because my particular motives - I´m a few public person with some fame and there´s why I wanna not destroy that. Fame doesn´t give me cash or food, but it provides me some work, so because this, I don´t thing ever to come out into public.

Conclusions ? - We´ve to admit existence of another (without discuss if it's or not ignorance etc.) opinions about. Is true those opinions are mostly negatives and/or hostiles, so we´ve to be conscients about that. And - of course - taking precautions because of it.

Last edited:
Sanch said:
Channel 4 in the UK did a documentary titled The 15-Stone Babies a little while back, and that was actually pretty fair and non-judgmental. .

I watched that the reactions that show got on twitter - and regardless of what the documentary was, the audience reaction was VERY unfair and judgemental...

CrazySmoker said:
We´ve to admit existence of another (without discuss if it's or not ignorance etc.) opinions about. Is true those opinions are mostly negatives and/or , so we´ve to be conscients about that. And - of course - taking precautions because of it.

And that's never going to change unless it's better known. I'm not saying we should fill TV stations with AB/DL stuff (though that would be interesting :) ) but a little gentle exposure to the public could help people's perceptions of it. The problem is most TV networks aren't prepared to do that, instead they just want to fill our screens with shallow talk show crap with heaps of shock material so they can get audience figures and get a laugh out of people.

- - - Updated - - -

MsClaraRiddle said:
I watched that the reactions that show got on twitter - and regardless of what the documentary was, the audience reaction was VERY unfair and judgemental...

Yeah unfortunately there are just people who want to ignore any explanations and jump straight to the stupidest conclusions and assumptions they can think of.

Possibly. If I did though I wouldn't be dressed in my baby clothes like the people in the documentaries always are. I'd be well presented in a suit and tie and well spoken. I think that is what's needed.

A serious documentary that had some real, scientific information on sexual desires in general, and not just speculation, might be tempting to appear on. Otherwise it would be just a freak show. In either case you would still have to be prepared to have not only your words and views twisted but your image and reputation as well.

LittleMattyMoo said:
Possibly. If I did though I wouldn't be dressed in my baby clothes like the people in the documentaries always are. I'd be well presented in a suit and tie and well spoken. I think that is what's needed.

Haha I think I'd want to dress in something cute like a onesie and overalls :) yeah I'd probably be a bad person to put on tv.. but I hate dressing up in suits.

Sanch said:

"Derek", on of the AB's profiled on "The 15 Stone Babies" has had some negative consequences from going public.
He has been assaulted by neighbors.

I would be apprehensive of going on-camera regarding being an Adult Baby.

In the U. S., most of these kinds of shows are scripted. They coerce of pressure the participants into saying and doing things they had no intention of doing before they were on the show. Why give the media all the power to humiliate who we really are.

Several of the ABDLs that have been on TV shows over the past couple of years have had significant negative real life repercussions. This includes people who came across pretty reasonably on air, all things considered.

I suspect that we're moving towards a more open world and that there will come a point in our lifetimes when this is something that someone can generally wisely discuss publicly, but we are decades from that point. In 2015, there are very few people who have a specific and secure life circumstance that might make it wise.

For me - an absolute NO.

Being a shy person, I don't want the general public to know me, regardless of the reason. For ABDL in particular, I believe there is still too much negative repercussions.

Fruitkitty said:
I suspect that we're moving towards a more open world and that there will come a point in our lifetimes when this is something that someone can generally wisely discuss publicly, but we are decades from that point. In 2015, there are very few people who have a specific and secure life circumstance that might make it wise.

For this reason, specifically, I would consider it. I have a workplace that is actively friendly to alternative lifestyles, my parents already know about it, a few friends know as well, and my profession, location, and personal circumstances are such that I believe that negative repercussions in the real world would be low for me.

That said, I've never seen a venue where I think it would make sense to be public about ABDL. I don't think any of the major TV shows make sense because the whole point, even on the more medically oriented ones is to show someone that has something "wrong" with them and at best talk about how to "fix" it but more likely just disparage it. Documentary filming has seemed equally bad, mostly an attempt to show weirdness to the public and therefore playing up the weird.

On top of that, if someone actually filmed me, they wouldn't get much of interest. My apartment is a bit messy, they could open a drawer and find some bambino diapers, a closet for footie PJs, and there are some plushies sitting on the bed (but not a ton, just 4). I'd talk about spending my weekends with friends, going to work every day dressed normally, and spending a few evenings or free days with a diaper on under my clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back