Would you discuss ABDL in the public eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day. I have an action plan...yes it doesn't currently factor in earlier-than-expected-major-possibly-damaging-discovery (may need to sit down of an evening with sevral pencils and a bottle of wine and make some amendments)...but I have got one. bms

- - - Updated - - -

...I also agree with koda42. bms

Sanch said:
I was a bit bored the other night and ended up rewatching the Dr. Phil episode where he had Baby Brett on, just because I thought it might be interesting to take another look at how the host and the media treated ABDL as an issue. It was a bit patronising, but the guy actually came across really well & showed that you can balance AB desires with functioning as an adult. Anyway, it got me to thinking...

If someone you knew said that they thought you'd be a good representative for our community, to discuss your experiences openly and reveal your identity, on TV, in a major publication or somewhere prominent online, would you do it? Do you think that right now, the benefits of sharing that experience, and the world better understanding ABDL would outweigh the possible repercussions of 'coming out' as an AB/Little, or do you feel that the public's stigma about who we are and what we do is still too strong to risk unmasking yourself?

I think if I knew I was going to appear on a serious, responsible platform and not have my words or views twisted, I would go public about ABDL to share my story. However, I would never agree to anything which I felt sensationalised or embellished my desires and experiences, or was set-up to portray ABDL as something weird, to be gawked at. How about fellow ADISCers?

And look like a fool for doing so? Society today is too judgmental today. Why not deal with the economy, or hunger issues, rather than harmless fetishes like diapers?

I would have to be single rather than have a wife and kids and I would have to be financially independent. I'd be risking my job if I got famous for something like that and it would hurt future promotions. Right or wrong, it doesn't matter, it would still happen. And I wouldn't go on someone else's show until after I had made myself known with a lot of self produced YouTube videos. That way when they try to pervert it at least I would have a bank of reasonable content to counteract it. If there is someone out there that could do this it would help us to be more accepted.

I would not discuss my ABDL experiences/lifestyle in the public eye mostly because I'm shy and I hate to be the center of attention but also because it is something I do in my free time behind closed doors and it is not for anybody else to see or experience.

nope-cat.jpg

Sanch said:
I was a bit bored the other night and ended up rewatching the Dr. Phil episode where he had Baby Brett on, just because I thought it might be interesting to take another look at how the host and the media treated ABDL as an issue. It was a bit patronising, but the guy actually came across really well & showed that you can balance AB desires with functioning as an adult. Anyway, it got me to thinking...

If someone you knew said that they thought you'd be a good representative for our community, to discuss your experiences openly and reveal your identity, on TV, in a major publication or somewhere prominent online, would you do it? Do you think that right now, the benefits of sharing that experience, and the world better understanding ABDL would outweigh the possible repercussions of 'coming out' as an AB/Little, or do you feel that the public's stigma about who we are and what we do is still too strong to risk unmasking yourself?

I think if I knew I was going to appear on a serious, responsible platform and not have my words or views twisted, I would go public about ABDL to share my story. However, I would never agree to anything which I felt sensationalised or embellished my desires and experiences, or was set-up to portray ABDL as something weird, to be gawked at. How about fellow ADISCers?

i would not do it if its a tv show they would twistwords around, even the 15 stone babies took things out of context i would probably go on a talk show tho were i can speak to people.

aaronbabywolf said:
And look like a fool for doing so? Society today is too judgmental today. Why not deal with the economy, or hunger issues, rather than harmless fetishes like diapers?

I didn't realise that discussing diapers meant you were unable to discuss economic issues or starvation... Guess I'll have to stop doing all of those things. Also society is judgmental, but in terms of kink and alternative lifestyle it's probably the most accepting period in recorded history. Besides, I already raised the point that the kind of show you appear on (as well as personal demeanour tbh) will affect whether or not you appear 'like a fool'.

people will say that is taboo or something so we better society without knowing anything or minimum is one of the things that make this something more special social group are like the Illuminati if you is that more secrets and it should Loss be forever

I keep practicing English

- - - Updated - - -

NO no lo agas

NO do not do

Being totally honest I would probably stay quiet. It's just not something I want shared with the public, and not something I feel I need to have a discussion about personally. People can think whatever they want about ABDL, and it doesn't really affect me, because it's a private part of my life. That being said I'm still in the process of figuring out my identity in ABDL ,and in general, so perhaps when I know my identity I may feel more inclined to say something.

Last edited:
I don't see what broadcast television would gain. I'm not looking for public acceptance. I don't think that's what the guy on tv is looking for either. It's living a fantasy for him.

There was one UK documentary that I feel didn't set out to make us look pervey or crazy, The 14 (or was it 15) Stone Babies. The only problem I have with that one is that, while I feel it describes me as a nonsexual AB pretty well, it was awfully one-sided in my direction. If I ever got involved, BabyMitchy would be behind the camera, and Stanly, Trevor, and Kikee would be interviewed, as would people who are just DL, and people who are potty trained Littles. I'd try to get a good representation of the whole spectrum.

I know, right?! It's sad when something that flawed is the most fair and balanced documentary I've seen. I suppose it's the best outsiders can do. ADISCers should all come together and do our own documentary!

Yeah it heard say that in a video and it really is sad! he was also let go from his job which is just stupid it really goes to show the risks of putting yourself out there publically like that! It also shows just how cruel the world can truly be just sad my hugs go out to kat! Wherever she may be.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
There was one UK documentary that I feel didn't set out to make us look pervey or crazy, The 14 (or was it 15) Stone Babies. The only problem I have with that one is that, while I feel it describes me as a nonsexual AB pretty well, it was awfully one-sided in my direction. If I ever got involved, BabyMitchy would be behind the camera, and Stanly, Trevor, and Kikee would be interviewed, as would people who are just DL, and people who are potty trained Littles. I'd try to get a good representation of the whole spectrum.

Woot!

Also, sure, In answer to the thread, I would discuss ABDL in the public eye, so to say, but under my terms or not at all.

BabyMitchy said:
Woot!

Also, sure, In answer to the thread, I would discuss ABDL in the public eye, so to say, but under my terms or not at all.

Yes.
I concur.
It has to be on my own terms as an older Autistic with Cerebral Palsy, who happens to be a non-sexual Adult Baby.
Kat got screwed, after she appeared on "The 15-Stone Babies".
A couple of years ago, an Autistic friend of mine, whom I met at AUTREAT got screwed by an independent film producer when she appeared on a documentary that was aired on PBS titled "Neurotypical".

No because I have kids and I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea and have social workers show up on my door step and having to work with the system to prove myself to keep them in my home. You never know how judgmental social workers could be and other parents if they saw me on TV and how it might affect my kids too.

- - - Updated - - -

caitianx said:
Yes.
A couple of years ago, an Autistic friend of mine, whom I met at AUTREAT got screwed by an independent film producer when she appeared on a documentary that was aired on PBS titled "Neurotypical".

What happened?

I didn't know appearing on a show about autism can screw you over. I know when Amanda Baggs went public with her autism, she has been called a fraud ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back