Advice wanted - US premium diaper brands / hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I'll be taking a vacation to the United States later in the year, and I'm considering getting some diapers shipped to my hotel for when I arrive.

I could of course take some nappies with me when I go, but I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and buy some premium ABDL diapers that would normally be difficult to get hold of in the EU.

I'm currently considering any of the following:

- Snuggies Waddlers / Waddlers Overnights
- ABU Cushies / SDK
- Dry 24/7
- Rearz

A good looking diaper is probably equally important as a well-performing one. These will mostly be for play, and we can get pretty decent functional diapers here. The only factor that out-ranks cuteness / looks is thickness - the more padding the better! I prefer plastic-backed diapers to cloth-backed, but I think all the brands on my list are plastic anyway. Obviously cost is a bit of a factor, but these are a bit of a birthday gift to myself, so I don't mind spoiling myself a bit!

So my questions to you are:

1) If you could only choose one US 'exclusive' brand to try, what would it be?

2) Which of these companies is the best for customer service / best at accommodating requests? The reason I ask is that the package will need some extra info adding to the outside so that when it arrives at the hotel, they'll know it's for me and hold it until I check in.

Currently I think Snuggies are my top choice, but I've heard mixed reviews. They look so good though, so I'm torn!

Has anyone done anything like this before? If you've got any tips, they'd be much appreciated too :)

Note that hotels often charge an additional fee to receive a package for you, and the cost is per package, so probably request the shipper to put everything in a single box, if possible. You'll also pay an extra fee to have the boxes delivered to your room. You can usually save that fee by going to the hotel's receiving department to pick up your box.

This may not be the case at smaller hotels, but I've had packages shipped to large convention-style hotels and frequently run into this type of fee. I just bring it up so you are aware of it and not surprised to see it on your hotel bill.

I'm a huge fan of Rearz right now. But you should add Aww So Cute to your list. They are Adorable, thick, and extra absorbent!
AwwSoCute.com

I've only ever shipped a package to a hotel once. Coincidentally it was also diapers. I called the hotel before hand and they didn't charge anything and I picked it up at the front desk. It was actually a lot simpler than I expected.

I can't remember the name of the hotel. What I would do in your case is call the hotels you're looking at booking and ask them their process for packages

Personally I like the 24/7's. They're great diapers. They're absorbent, comfortable and crinkly. I also like that their all white.

Dry 24/7's are great

Look on XPMEDICAL.com as well. While they won't have AB diapers they may have some premium brands that aren't normally available to you.

You didn't mention north shore supreme diapers but those are my current favorite premium diapers. I find them thicker and more comfortable than dry 24/7 - while maybe the same absorbency they are firmer in the padding which I like.

Rearz are not USA, but would ship here. I have not tried any of those. Want the Rearz but may settle for Snuggies because of shipping cost to import Rearz spoiled.

Another option may be for one of us to help you out. Let us know what cities you might be in and someone may be willing to receive them (or part with some of theirs) for you and drop them at your hotel or something. I certainly would consider it if you were coming my way.

I'd also recommend northshore, they are quite good and have been my go to diaper ever since I gave them a shot.

babymt said:
Snuggies now have a UK and EU site
Dry 24/7 you can get from saveexpress.de
Rearz you can get from abdlfactory.com
So I would go for ABU if I were you

Have fun

Actually, Nappies R'Us have recently become the UK distributor for ABU, and stock Cushies, Super Dry Kids and Rearz, so really, there aren't any US-exclusive nappies any more.

I'm gonna be a bit different. My suggestion is, whatever you choose, don't shy away from decorating them yourself. You can get an all over print that way. School glue and stickers, or clear packing tape and stickers, or well dried permanent markers, or well dried Apple Barrel paint, work well.

Anthing you you can get here, you can get there, so, concern yourself with fit, feel and sound of the plastic, tape performance, interior feel, both used and unused, and pre and post-use thickness. What are you looking for in this regard? Did I leave anything off that'd be on your wish list, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
I'm currently in a U.S. hotel room wearing a diaper. ;) I did a bit of research beforehand and found a medical supply store that sells Molicares. After landing I simply drove to the store, bought them, and brought them up to my room. They're now occupying a dresser drawer.

I know a funny trick. it a little waste of money. But leave one unused diaper in the Dresser Drawer

Lestat said:
I know a funny trick. it a little waste of money. But leave one unused diaper in the Dresser Drawer

I will admit to having done that before...

I was not impressed with the thickness of the ABU products. Not sure of the thickness of the Cushies, but the SDK ones reviewed on this site showed a thickness of only 2.9 cm folded. The absorbency did not impress me either.

The Snuggies line is supposed to swell more and got better reviews for absorbency. However, the thicknesses are 2.4 cm for the Waddler and 2.8 cm for the Overnights when dry. These again are not the thickest diapers available.

The Dry 24/7 diaper is no longer one of the thickest, but still has a good thickness to it at 3.4 cm. This would be my favorite for wearing all the time. It has both high absorbency and good thickness while still being something I can discretely wear around town. These may be purchased from XPmedical.com who also carries the Abena M4's in plastic backed still. This company has excellent customer service.

Another option would be the Bambino products. Their diapers rate well in thickness and absorbency. The diaper review here listed the Classico at 3.2 cm and the Bellisimo at 3.7 cm.

The Rearz diaper reviewed well and had good thickness at 3.8 cm. The price in America is high according to our review at $2.50 each.

Personally, my opinion is biased toward plain white, highest absorbency, and lowest cost. This makes Dry 24/7 win every time for me. Given the numbers, if I was just wanting thickness, I would go with Rearz or Bambino. The Wadlers would be an excellent choice if you did not mind them starting a little thinner. I especially like the color of the S Ex version.

Lestat said:

Why? Just so the housekeeping staff will throw it away?

What I do is ask a friend who use to work at flying J. What is the oddest thing she seen in the Rooms. I bet that will be one of them

ornitorrinco said:
Note that hotels often charge an additional fee to receive a package for you, and the cost is per package, so probably request the shipper to put everything in a single box, if possible. You'll also pay an extra fee to have the boxes delivered to your room. You can usually save that fee by going to the hotel's receiving department to pick up your box.

This may not be the case at smaller hotels, but I've had packages shipped to large convention-style hotels and frequently run into this type of fee. I just bring it up so you are aware of it and not surprised to see it on your hotel bill.

Oh yes, you are absolutely correct on that. I've also encountered that at a few of the convention hotels too, but, it so makes it a bit more convenient, to have a box of two of new diapers, shipped, directly to where you are going to be wearing them.

- - - Updated - - -

hti24 said:
I'm currently in a U.S. hotel room wearing a diaper. ;)

You aren't at a certain convention, in the Seattle area, are you?? It seems that at least 40% of the attendees there, are ABs/DLs, DFs/BFs, cubs, littles-maybe more-all wearing diapers.

- - - Updated - - -

Lestat said:
What I do is ask a friend who use to work at flying J. What is the oddest thing she seen in the Rooms. I bet that will be one of them

You mean the shower rooms?? At any of the truck stops, I had stopped at to shower and change into a fresh diaper, I always made sure, I brought along an extra plastic bag, to put my used diaper into, then take it to one of the bigger trash bins to drop it into.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I just remembered to add, a few of the bigger hotels, also have package shipping/receiving offices in them (IE: FedEx, UPS), you could have them shipped to those offices and pick them up there. Call both the hotel and that package office first, before ordering your shipment, so that everything, is all setup, prior to the shipper sending out you package, [It's not fun, to find out, that you box of nappies, showed up, 2 days after you left or 3 days before you got there, but there was no Hold At Location notice, informing that package office, you would be picking your shipment up from there, on a certain date. :sad: ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back