Questions about my transgender feelings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I'm a female trapped in a males body, is there any advice you can give me on dealing with my male body, I dislike my male parts and there a real inconvenience, :(

I'm obsessed with the idea of having a female body, It would feel so great and normal for me, cross dressing kind of does this for me, though I'm a closeted transfemale, and don't plan to dress according to my gender in public until I'm 19ish.

If I do decide to get a sex change, will I look like a female? Or will I look still look like a male?

I also have a few questions.

What is the usual process of getting a sex change?

Is it normal to get jealous when a girl has a better body than me, I kind of fantasize having a body just like that, hope that doesn't sound crazy?

Is it normal to feel like my body doesn't reflect my gender?

Is it normal to feel bad about being transgender?

What age if you are transgender,that you discovered that you were trans?

I can't really offer too much advice as I don't have gender identity issues but I feel bad you have to deal with them so I'll offer any support I can for what it's worth.

First off, I'd suggest talking with a professional (such as a therapist or counselor or a doctor that could refer you to someone to talk with). They may have ideas to help you cope with your current gender and may have possibly dealt with similar issues with other patients as well. They could also even advise you on a good next step to help you get to where you want.

Honestly, even with a sex change you could possibly look like a female (if it's done extremely well)but you'll most likely still have some very masculine looking traits that can't be hidden and you probably won't look to attractive. You'll probably look more female than you do now though however.

I really have no idea what the usual process of getting a sex change is but i'd imagine there are hormone therapies that can be done (estrogen pills) and start saving up. I'd imagine a procedure like that to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and this is one of those things where you'll wanna spare no expense and cut no corners.

I'm sure you're not the only transgender person who sees the gender you desire to be and feel some hint of jealousy, especially if that individual has traits you're particularly fond of.

The word "normal" is pretty loaded, but I'd say the majority of people probably don't have gender identity issues. With that said, you certainly aren't the only one dealing with this issue.

I also think feeling bad about it is completely understandable. I feel bad and deal with angst crap all the time (everyone does)and I don't have gender identity problems so I could only imagine how terrible it'd feel to feel like you're the wrong gender.

I'm a male and am extremely glad I am. Men are typically physically stronger, make more money, and get better jobs than women. And there's always so much stupid drama crap that I can't stand that girls are always dealing with.

I'd also suggest Googling any questions you have and reaching out on this forum is a good start but there are probably entire forums dedicated to people who feel the same way you do. I hope this helps and that you have the best of luck in dealing with it.

BluePanda said:
I'm a female trapped in a males body, is there any advice you can give me on dealing with my male body, I dislike my male parts and there a real inconvenience, :(

I am sure there are advantages and disadvantages to both genders. The grass is always greener on the other side. You will be trading one set of inconveniences for another. There is also the inconvenience of how openly transgendered are treated by society.

BluePanda said:
If I do decide to get a sex change, will I look like a female? Or will I look still look like a male?

Sort of.

BluePanda said:
What is the usual process of getting a sex change?

You first need to live as a woman, then after a year, you can take hormone pills. There are side effects. After doing that awhile you can get an operation.

BluePanda said:
Is it normal to get jealous when a girl has a better body than me, I kind of fantasize having a body just like that, hope that doesn't sound crazy?

Sounds normal for a girl.

BluePanda said:
Is it normal to feel like my body doesn't reflect my gender?

No. That's why transgendered people are a minority.

BluePanda said:

Maybe. Why do you feel bad about it? Explore those feelings. The process of transitioning will make permanent changes to your body. Find out if this is what you really want before you take any medication or have any operation.

BluePanda said:

While it probably is common unfortunately to feel bad for being transgender, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's not your fault you feel this way, you were born in the wrong gender body and it's natural to feel trapped in it. I know I would if I was born female. One of my friends at school is questioning her gender, and the few of us who know about it have all offered our support. Do you have people around you in real life who know and who would support you? Sometimes in the mean time if a gender change is not viable at the moment things like getting them to refer to you by a female name or little things like that may help you to feel more at home with yourself. I'm not really sure but I hope I helped in some way :)

Yes you will look female if you do a transition. I have seen plenty of photos of trans women and they all look female, most of them anyway. Some just have guyish looks but would I still be able to tell if I didn't know they were trans? I might have just thought they were unattractive and have guyish looks and I have seen cis women that way too. How do I know they weren't trans? Good question, that just shows them how I wouldn't even guess if I didn't know.

The rest I cannot answer because I am not trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back