Discovered….with a surreal twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So, this is a bit different. I rent and have two roommates. We share a three story house with the finished basement being my own area it's basically two separate homes. I was taking out my trash today and put it in the outside bin upstairs for trash day tomorrow. I lifted the bag on top to put my bag on bottom (habit, I feel it helps keeps the smell of my used products down). When I replaced the bag I had removed to place mine I pushed it down a bit to make it all fit…that's when I felt it.

It was that unmistakeable feeling of a used diaper. I lifted my hand and through the opaqueness of the white kitchen bag I could see another white bag in a bundle tied up, a very familiar sight.

This being the kitchen trash (shared kitchen) I had a strange moment of confusion (that kinda floating déjà vu feeling). My roommates do not know of my IC issues, but I don't go out of my way to hide them, I just live my life. I also have a few short term memory issues from a TBI, so this bag was really confusing. I couldn't remember throwing anything away up there.

My curiosity got the better of me and I untied the kitchen bag and right away I could tell the other bag (white store bag) had a few used diapers in it. I carry white plastic bags, a diaper/pull-up or two, and changing supplies with me in my backpack and I have, on occasion, brought a bag with used diapers home if I accidentally put it back in my backpack after a change.

I untied the bag. They were not mine. They are most definitely not mine. One was a black depend silhouette and the other was a heavy capacity pull-up, probably a tranquility overnight. As soon as I realized they weren't mine, I really felt ashamed like a low down sneak and hurriedly retied both bags.

It is strange, I have dealt with my day/night bladder/slight bowel IC issues for so long that I don't give wearing protection another thought. They are my underwear, as it were. But, I also never really gave too much thought about other people out there having issues too. I mean, I knew that of course. But I never really KNEW that on a visceral level. It was kind of an eye opening little gut punch. It really reminded me of the time I found out my childhood friend was also a bed-wetter. I always knew other kids wet the bed, but I never really knew it. If that makes any sense.

Anyways, I just thought I would share this little epiphany. I will, of course, not be pursuing the situation any further. I do not particularly care that one of my roommates also has issues, nor do I care to find out which one, but it is a bit more comforting to KNOW…I'm not the only one. :)

Haha ooh what a twist :) even if nothing else ever comes of it, it must still be nice to know you're not completely alone and that person isn't going to react negatively if they found out about you.

It's almost like an O'Henry story. Life is full of little twists.

Unless of course, it was not one of your roommates but a friend or visitor of theirs/yours that just needed to dispose of it. . .

I would be curious, and keep my eyes out for other signs--new package wrappings in the trash, packages received in the mail, your roommates' sizes, etc. Perhaps they have known about your issues for a while, also and just not said anything. Wouldn't it be interesting if it were one of them and they post on this forum also!

LittleAaron said:
Unless of course, it was not one of your roommates but a friend or visitor of theirs/yours that just needed to dispose of it. . .
Nope. That bag was just taken out the night before I emptied mine in the morning. There hasn't been anyone over here for a few weeks now.

chuck said:
I would be curious, and keep my eyes out for other signs--new package wrappings in the trash, packages received in the mail, your roommates' sizes, etc. Perhaps they have known about your issues for a while, also and just not said anything. Wouldn't it be interesting if it were one of them and they post on this forum also!

I considered that too! That would be a real twist if they were also on this forum.

That's interesting. Are either or both of your roommates women? How old are they? Depend silhouettes are marketed towards women with mild/moderate incontinence so I'd kind of doubt it's a fetish thing unless both your roommates are men. How long had you been living with these roommates before you noticed?

INTrePid said:
That's interesting. Are either or both of your roommates women? How old are they? How long had you been living with these roommates before you noticed?

One's male the other female. We are all in our early/mid thirties. Living together about 8 months now.

I know you said you didn't want to investigate any further, but I'd bet with about 95% confidence that it's your female roommate and she's wearing them because of a legitimate medical problem, probably stress or urge incontinence which is actually more common than people might think in women in their thirties or younger. I wouldn't recommend mentioning anything about it of course, but there's no reason to feel ashamed if you because just happened to notice some of her pull-ups in the trash. Incontinence is a much more common problem than people realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back