Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDoctor

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
This is partly a story that I can't really share anywhere else, and partly me asking for advice. I have a friend who I've dated twice, as we've been on-again, off-again friends since then, and are also periodically sexually active. Recently, he has started role-playing with me where I'm his big brother and he's my little bro. In my mind, this qualifies as age-play: he acts little and dependent on me, looking for cuddles and generally being treated like a little kid. However, he's known about my DL/little side for awhile, and he's made it very clear that he wants no part of it.

For obvious reasons, I am really confused by this recent development. I don't mind the age-play/role-play, but when I started to mention it as such, he sort of freaked out a little bit. Also, he seems to really enjoy it, but talking about it seems to also make him uncomfortable. So, should I not look a gift horse in the mouth here, or should I pry a bit more and make sure he really wants to do it?

MadDoctor said:
This is partly a story that I can't really share anywhere else, and partly me asking for advice. I have a friend who I've dated twice, as we've been on-again, off-again friends since then, and are also periodically sexually active. Recently, he has started role-playing with me where I'm his big brother and he's my little bro. In my mind, this qualifies as age-play: he acts little and dependent on me, looking for cuddles and generally being treated like a little kid. However, he's known about my DL/little side for awhile, and he's made it very clear that he wants no part of it.

For obvious reasons, I am really confused by this recent development. I don't mind the age-play/role-play, but when I started to mention it as such, he sort of freaked out a little bit. Also, he seems to really enjoy it, but talking about it seems to also make him uncomfortable. So, should I not look a gift horse in the mouth here, or should I pry a bit more and make sure he really wants to do it?

I'm assuming he's initiating this behavior and if so, I think you can assume he wants to do this. It sounds like he's either in denial, or he doesn't quite yet understand that there are many different forms of regression. It sounds to me like he's a "little", someone who enjoys regressing to a child's age, rather than that of a toddler or infant. Since he has negative feelings toward infant or toddler regression, he's defensive about having the same or similar term applied to him. In a way it reminds me of someone who's gay but hasn't come out of the closet. They can be very difficult with regard to their partner, sometimes wanting the lifestyle and at other times, denying it.

I think you just need to play along and let the passage of time soften the rough edges. He may begin to understand and embrace how you feel.

That's an interesting development. I think I'd avoid encumbering what you're doing with labels and just play along as long as you're enjoying it. You can try to introduce elements you would enjoy but be very sensitive to his response and don't assume that he's in all the way just because of some behavior that we assume top be related.

Personally, I think that a lot of people might enjoy elements of what we do, if not all of it, if only the social stigma were removed. It's not going away any time soon, so we have to be careful about how we expose those with a relatively minor interest. Work on keeping it fun for both of you, but I think it's fair to at least try branching out a bit over time to see if you could enjoy something that's more in keeping with your own expectations.

Thanks for the advice. I'm just playing it by ear and just letting him lead, though that's easier said than done, as he wants to play the submissive role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back