Want to upgrade- what are some good diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJDodger

Resident Malamute
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
For about 2 years, the best I could do, due to both cost and living circumstances, was Depends and Goodnites. So basically, a step above improvising with paper towels and grocery bags. Now, I'm moving off to college. I have a single room, so discretion isn't a huge issue. I've saved up alot of money from my job over the past year and have a full-ride scholarship, so cost isn't an issue. Obviously, both of those are within reason- I won't be leaving soiled diapers on the floor or blowing all of my savings on a single order.

Anyways, once I move in, I want to get some quality diapers (no, not THOSE ones... unless I could get them from a secondhand source that didn't involve actually paying them). Its been awhile since I last did any real research, and the market seems to have increased since then. So basically, what are some good options? I don't have much for specific criteria, though I guess thickness and comfort might be a bit more of a factor, design and absorbency less of one (I'm not keen on sitting in a wet diaper for extended periods of time, but I guess with Depends as my only experience, that could change). I'll be getting as many free samples as possible, but I'd like to know what to prioritize on for an actual purpose (and whatever it takes to not wait as long, since samples take over a month to ship, IIRC) I'm about 5'11", 32 inch waist, 160 lbs.

I think my favourites are the Forma-Care X-Plus diapers. I'm almost the same size as you and the mediums fit perfectly.

Otherwise, the old-style (plastic-backed) Abena Abri-Forms are good -- again the mediums should be a perfect fit.

tiny said:
I think my favourites are the Forma-Care X-Plus diapers. I'm almost the same size as you and the mediums fit perfectly.

Otherwise, the old-style (plastic-backed) Abena Abri-Forms are good -- again the mediums should be a perfect fit.

Abena is an excellent start, Northshore premiums, A+4 and Molicare super plus(all purple) are a good start as well.

If cutesy is your thing, Snuggies Waddler aren't a bad deal.

Of all the diapers I've tried (quite a few) my top five are:

1. Bambino Bellissimo (Best)
2. Bambino Teddy (or Classico/Bianco)
3.Snuggies waddler (only good for 3 wettings though)
4.DC Amor (very good plastic & core)
5.Tena slip maxi (old style)

NorthShore supremes are better than Abena's & you can get a Free sample http://www.northshorecare.com/diapers.html

A+ level 4 from XP Medical are good and likely the best buy for your money.

if cost, thickness, and comfort are your primary concerns, I would second XP Medical Absorbency Plus. They have no leak guards , but are very thick, very soft inside and out, and are pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back