Not open for further replies.

hello178

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I live with my mother and she found a used diaper of mine in the bin this morning and questioned me about it. She thought it was for medical reasons and said she would book me a doctors appointment but I told her they weren't for medical reasons but she didn't understand. She has gone out for the day and said she wants to talk when she comes back.
She seems like a tolerant person but I do not know how to explain this to her. I suffer from social anxiety and really panic at the thought of coming out as gay to her and this just seems a hell of a lot worse. The most annoying thing is that she was planning to go out today before and I was going to properly dispose of the diaper after she had left... I just really need some advice and tips on what to say.

Is there any advice anyone can give? I don't want to sound pushy but I have no idea how i'm going to explain this all tonight.

Well, it sounds like you want to be open and honest with her, so I'd recommend being open and honest. I'd recommend something like this:

"Mom, there are two things I think you should know about this: (1) This is personal and private for me, and it's something I enjoy and (2) it has absolutely, positively nothing to do with children. This is something that brings me comfort and happiness and involves no one else. Do you understand? Do you have any questions?"

Or you could go with the longer conversation, which I won't write out. I don't know what kind of relationship you and your mom have, or how much you feel like telling her. For that matter, I don't know why you're into diapers, since everyone's a little different. Personally, I would use something like the example above to tell her what you think she needs to know (and no more), and let her ask questions that she feels she needs answers to. Let her guide that conversation, rather than you spilling your guts and letting her pick through for the bits she wants.

-RMS

Tough call, but I also agree...without knowing a bit more about your situation it's hard to advise. If you think she can cope with it, tell her as much as you like, but if she's going to freak out, then maybe just tell her that you were experimenting. That you were curious about adult diapers. You know O.O Omg what ... but hey, it sounds plausible, and clearly it's something you would try in private and not expect to be busted. Apologise to her for trying something odd. You know she'll probably buy that....think it's a bit out there, but probably ask you what you thought of it ... Maybe even kind of laugh it off.
:dunno: dunno mate, I wish you luck, and I hope I responded in time for you.
If you do decide to open up more, then take it slow and easy too much too soon may bring on a war.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Just tell her the truth. Lying isn't gonna help.

Get some postive articles about people liking diapers there are some out there from here have links it will be helpful to you bitter grey comes to mind he has understand infantism.
Read all you can to you can give her the info that helps you most .
Good luck .
My mom walked in one me putting a diaper on so know the feeling.
She know all about my diapers she doesn't understand but it is some thing we dont talk about.

This has always been my contingency for if my parents found out: Tell the truth that its not for medical reasons. Its for pleasure. But establish that its highly personal. She wouldn't really understand, it can't be explained, yada yada yada. Just promise that there's nothing wrong, and that they won't ever have to really know about it if you continue, but its something you want to keep to yourself.

...so basically, dodge the talk.

How did it go? Are you fine?

Yeah what happened?

It all went ok. She didn't mind at all but was only concerned about any hygiene issues and that she is a bit worried that it would make it harder for me to find a partner but she took the news well although I am still a tad unsure about how to go about wearing and disposing of them now she knows. Before I would only wear when home alone or in very rare circumstances and would dispose of very discretely.

Last edited:
hello178 said:
...I am still a tad unsure about how to go about wearing and disposing of them now she knows. Before I would only wear when home alone or in very rare circumstances and would dispose of very discretely.

Glad to hear it all went well! I would continue with the same pattern of use and disposal (with a bit more discretion?). I would not take her acceptance as a green light to go crazy with wearing. Just enjoy the fact you don't have to hide anything; no more fear of discovery as it were.

I agree with Llayden.

I think you have the green light to indulge as you see fit but I would continue to keep it hidden as much as possible. However, now that she knows, you don't have to worry about getting caught.

hello178 said:
It all went ok. She didn't mind at all but was only concerned about any hygiene issues and that she is a bit worried that it would make it harder for me to find a partner but she took the news well although I am still a tad unsure about how to go about wearing and disposing of them now she knows. Before I would only wear when home alone or in very rare circumstances and would dispose of very discretely.

I also agree with Llayden. Continue those same patterns, don't make it a thing that you get casual or careless about and don't shove it in other people's faces. But if you time to yourself and she exists nearby, you can maybe wear without having to worry too much.

Bring her here, Most non-AB's first reaction is your molesting children, There second reaction is that you need visit to the mental ward. Tell her that you find comfort in going back to a time were life was simpler, You don't live there 24/7 you visit there in order to have the world leave you alone for a minute. Tell her there is a lot of people who find this time out with drugs, alcohol, tobacco, violence or they lose the mind they have. Tell her you just need a time out from the world and the worst thing that could happen is a diaper leak or a diaper rash and ask her to see who the babies of the web site is are and how we are just looking for that peace of happiness that everyone else is.

my two cents

Baby Pony
U U

- - - Updated - - -

opps didn't see the other pages sorry

hello178 said:
I am still a tad unsure about how to go about wearing and disposing of them now she knows.

THIS is the worst part! Now when they look at you you know that they may be wondering wondering whether you're wearing one at the moment. You have to just trust that they have their own life to worry about and aren't nosey about what you're doing all the time.

hello178 said:

Gah FUCK!! Why can't my parents have been like that? Sorry, I just had to do that.

Note said:
And thus we learn the valuable lesson of lying. Should've said it was not yours.

This might help.

Considering you also said

Well I was brought up to believe that lying is a bad thing, so your guess is as good as mine.

and

I get that in some situations lying can be a good thing, but it still doesn't make it right.

on the "leaked at a friends house" thread.. I get that this is one of those situations, but I don't know, you really confuse me sometimes Note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back