Question for long time non-24/7 diaper wearers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I'm planning on indulging in my DL thing more in the next couple months. I don't plan on wearing more than a couple days a week. The only thing I'm worried about us losing control. I absolutely want to stay continent. Has anybody lost control even without wearing that much?

Haha no. You should be fine.

I would think so too, but last year (after first time wearing) I started occasionally having incidents of stress incontinence. There have also been times when I suddenly really needed to go. Not frequent, but enough to concern me.

As much as we might like to think otherwise, diapers aren't magic. If you make an effort to relax your bladder all the time, you're going to go more easily. Even after a weekend, I noticed it sneaking up on me a little. It wasn't anything I couldn't handle when I switched back but sort of an "itch" for a little while.

If you're concerned, just hold as you normally would and go when you would have otherwise used a toilet. There's no difference. This is my preferred mode and after months, there's zero degradation or even nagging sense.

Just as others said, if you don't change your normal routine, you don't have anything to worry about. If you go more often, you will become used to going more often, and whatever does change isn't permanent, you just have to hold it in longer.

I've worn for about a week straight, I've allowed myself to go more often and it's usually in a certain position, I drive 18 wheelers, and wear. I don't flood, I just a little go bit by bit.

If you do wear long term, your bladder capacity will shrink some or your brain will tell you it's urgent to relieve it when it's not full. It's all about mind control really. Nothing is permanent.

i would say after a couple more months you would definitely be a little prone to just let go in whatever you're wearing. i have mild incontinence before switching to 24/7 and i would say that i have a little less control over my bladder now. that being said, i dont think being diapered a couple days a week for a month would make a huge impact. i guess sometimes you would just have to hold it and realise that you're not wearing diapers?

I figured "unpotty training" is reversible. Just making sure. Thanks.

If you want to go 24/7 for a few days a week and just want to wear but not use they you will be fine even if you use the diaper once in a while you won't have an issue. How ever the more you use your diaper the more accustom your mind will become to releasing when diapered.

I'm a casual wearer normally and didn't have ant trouble switching back and forth wearing and not wearing. Most of the time I just liked wearing but not wetting. I feel that you shouldn't have any trouble.
kinda said:
So I'm planning on indulging in my DL thing more in the next couple months. I don't plan on wearing more than a couple days a week. The only thing I'm worried about us losing control. I absolutely want to stay continent. Has anybody lost control even without wearing that much?

Twice in my life after I've gone cold turkey (you know the whole binge/purge spiral) I woke up in a wet bed. But after that my body figured it out again, and I didn't have any more unintended wettings. But in both cases I had been using at night for several weeks/months straight. All it took was a single incident to "retrain" the brain. But I'm also typically a very sound sleeper.

kinda said:

"Will I lose control if I ..."

no.

"but..."

NO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back