"NEW" New, Dry 24/7. Poor quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dy1anD1aper5

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I received a shipment of Dry 24/7's recently and noticed a few things. They were thinner, the plastic was course, and the tapes were larger than my July shipment. Not a problem. Then I noticed the new briefs lasted about half as long, that's a problem. I contacted XPMedical (bought from), and was told there weren't any changes made. Then messaged Comfidry directly and was told the same. I'm not crazy, but I am disappointed. Last night I had the back plastic of the Dry tear and spill the gel on my father's couch. I'll be certain to message them an image and constructive message. I hope someone else can confirm my inquiry. Thanks for reading - Dylan

Welcome to Corporate Diaper Company of America "improvements" equals a lesser quality and inferior product . Also could be a late in the day Friday manufacturing batch when employees slack off waiting till the 5 o clock closing time my two cents only that stinks that you received a bad batch of them I would not be happy either.

I thought my last batch of dry 24/7's seamed a little thinner, but I have had no issues with the tapes and absorbancy seams fine. I wish I had kept a few of my first few cases to compair to my new batch

I am still happy with the dry 24/7's and they will continue to be my diaper of choice.

So that's the kicker. I have 3 from my 2nd to last order. The new batch is very different, and the new briefs don't hold as much. It doesn't feel right, like they're adjusting the pulp / sap ratio per diaper to save money, which will be very disappointing.

Yep they are following in the footsteps of Depend and Attends and others once someone comes up with idea of selling more diapers by reducing quality to make more profits is flat out wrong in my opinion.

Last edited:
xpluswearer said:
Yep they are following in the footsteps of Depend and Attends and others once someone comes up with idea of selling more diapers by reducing quality to make more profits is flat out wrong in my opinion.

That's usually the receipe on how to eventually go out of business. Normally I don't wear Dry 24/7 though I sometimes buy them for times where I have to be in the same diaper for a prolonged time (I usually don't have much privacy to change when on job or on travel and I hate change in a stall where others can hear the diaper crincle). Anyway the Dry 2477 have so far worked as intended, but now that the inspire diaper from rearz have emerged on the market, they might be my new choice for a heavy duty diaper since they are cheaper in Europe than Dry 24/7.

I just opened a pack from thus months shipment, and compared to last month, the plastic seems to be slightly different, and maybe less sap but I dunno it it's an actually difference or my mind tricking me cuz of the slightly different plastic. I've yet to test these newer dry 24/7's tho. The tapes seem like the same size tho. It seems I'll be going 24/7 today in dry 24/7s

Christ thanks for the warning! :)

- - - Updated - - -

NotTheAverageMan said:
That's usually the receipe on how to eventually go out of business. Normally I don't wear Dry 24/7 though I sometimes buy them for times where I have to be in the same diaper for a prolonged time (I usually don't have much privacy to change when on job or on travel and I hate change in a stall where others can hear the diaper crincle). Anyway the Dry 2477 have so far worked as intended, but now that the inspire diaper from rearz have emerged on the market, they might be my new choice for a heavy duty diaper since they are cheaper in Europe than Dry 24/7.
They've been my day to day since March, so this is very selfish for the company to make this decision. It made college and work much easier for me to manage. So in America, the Inspire's cost 100 for 48 and the Dry 24/7 are 105 for 72. What are the cost in Europe.

It is what happens when you let Wall Street and number crunchers take control of your business they ruin it !

I too have noticed a difference in diapers, the plastic definitely had a different texture to them that is not as smooth as my previous shipments and seem to be weaker. The tapes are huge now. It also seems to have a lower capacity. They even feel thinner.

This leads me to believe that Dry 24/7 is still imported if they can't confirm the changes of their own product. Unfortunately, I don't have any from my previous case as I wasn't expecting a change.

I definitely did notice the change and I don't like the changes. The plastic texture is rough on my inner thighs. I think the the padding doesn't hold up as well either.

Why is it every time I find a great diaper, they fuck it up. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've worn dry 24/7 religiously, I have ordered from xp and dry 24/7 directly (faster shipping) I haven't had a problem yet, but I did once get a weird hybrid diaper from them mixed in a pack, it was noticeably thinner, but the weird thing was the diaper was smaller then the other mediums, but larger than there smalls.

- - - Updated - - -

pampers4U said:
I've worn dry 24/7 religiously, I have ordered from xp and dry 24/7 directly (faster shipping) I haven't had a problem yet, but I did once get a weird hybrid diaper from them mixed in a pack, it was noticeably thinner, but the weird thing was the diaper was smaller then the other mediums, but larger than there smalls.
I suppose defects can't be avoided, but every brief I've used from this case has the same texture, bulk, and absorption. The Dry 24/7 I've used at night fell apart. I normally use a very reliable Abena but I'm low on those so made. The switch. Still more upset than angry, but that defective brief spilling on my father's couch pissed me off.

I really hope they don't mess with the diaper to much The Dry 24/7's are my main diaper now as they fit the best. If they need to increase profit raise the price slightly and keep the same dependable high quality diaper.

Rob,
No need to raise price just get the bean counters and wall street out of the Diaper business and watch Diapers be made properly and therefore they will have more profits from long term customers . My thinking is if you make a product the right the first time you will have me a customer for life, However if you make a product that is inferior I will run to your competitor as fast as I came in your door and therefore you will not have the sales from me for life get it! Kimberely Clark and Dry 24-7 heed this from ALL of us in the Diaper user community we will walk and you will have no customers period and you will fail! Is short term gains in money worth loosing a life long customer ? I hope not

I just got my case today. Yeah the plastic is different. Not as smooth as it was before. The tapes look wider but I could be wrong. I notice that there is less padding near the wings area. But the padding in the crotch area looks almost the same. I wish I had some previous dry 24/7 diapers from before but I don't. I ran out of the dry 24/7 diapers and I needed another case. I mostly use these for night. The dry 24/7 diapers had never let me down on the protection. I hope these will still do the same trick. The leak guards look the same too. The case I order was directly from Dry24/7 web site. The dry 24/7 diapers are the medium size. Could this be a trial and error who knows. I just don't want to see another good product go down the tubes.

Just an update. I used the dry 24/7 diaper last night. It did not leak but it did clump up a bit in the middle front of the diaper. The back of the diaper was ok but soaked. One other thing was the leak guard on the left side was smash into the padding. So I pull it up and it worked ok. I hope they will go back to the smooth plastic but who knows.

BabyToddler said:
Just an update. I used the dry 24/7 diaper last night. It did not leak but it did clump up a bit in the middle front of the diaper. The back of the diaper was ok but soaked. One other thing was the leak guard on the left side was smash into the padding. So I pull it up and it worked ok. I hope they will go back to the smooth plastic but who knows.
I know what you mean, I can't fit these too tightly, the plastic gave my inner thighs a beating. I think it almost broke skin.

I know these diapers have a reduced capacity as well. I've been able to use these diapers with a Tru-Fit insert, and it lasted for at least 8-10 hours. Now, I'm lucky to get 6-8 hours. I've went through nearly a pack of these and I've went through enough to notice a change.

On the plus side, the tapes are better, but, why did everything else have to suffer. The padding shifts around quite a bit now.

I hope Dry 24/7 fixes this or I'm done with these guys.

BabyToddler said:

E too! Does your upper right tape sometimes fail? I have the same leakguard issue.

while I haven't quite gotten around to opening up my latest case, I will say that if I find the quality drop, aside from an occasional dud, to the point of unacceptable for daily wear, I'll start looking again and they'll lose my business, just like Abena lost my business a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back