"NEW" New, Dry 24/7. Poor quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if a roll of plastic was loaded wrong and the smooth side faced in for a batch. That would make the outside rough, the inside padding not stay in place, and unhappy customers. Would someone check the plastic on the wing tip and tell us if the inside is smoother than the outside? On mine from late last year, the inside is noticeably rougher.

Can't really tell, the inner fabric is glued pretty well to the plastic but it feels about the same.

I'm starting to think that there's no SAP or a very minimal amount. These diapers don't swell at all. The padding shifts so badly. The capacity is probably half of what it was. Comparing to the North Shore brand that I still have, The North Shore outlasted the Dry 24/7 by far. There's no way that these are the same capacity at all.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Can't really tell, the inner fabric is glued pretty well to the plastic but it feels about the same.

I'm starting to think that there's no SAP or a very minimal amount. These diapers don't swell at all. The padding shifts so badly. The capacity is probably half of what it was. Comparing to the North Shore brand that I still have, The North Shore outlasted the Dry 24/7 by far. There's no way that these are the same capacity at all.
Exactly. I contacted both XPMedical & Dry Care again and they're both adamant. None of the material was altered. So it's very possible this is temporary, but they made so many this way. Only a waiting game.

xtrabulk said:
E too! Does your upper right tape sometimes fail? I have the same leakguard issue.

I did not have any problems with the tapes.

- - - Updated - - -

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I know what you mean, I can't fit these too tightly, the plastic gave my inner thighs a beating. I think it almost broke skin.

I know these diapers have a reduced capacity as well. I've been able to use these diapers with a Tru-Fit insert, and it lasted for at least 8-10 hours. Now, I'm lucky to get 6-8 hours. I've went through nearly a pack of these and I've went through enough to notice a change.

On the plus side, the tapes are better, but, why did everything else have to suffer. The padding shifts around quite a bit now.

I hope Dry 24/7 fixes this or I'm done with these guys.

I hope they fix this too. If not looks like I will have to find another overnight diaper that does not leak.

- - - Updated - - -

Dy1anD1aper5 said:
Exactly. I contacted both XPMedical & Dry Care again and they're both adamant. None of the material was altered. So it's very possible this is temporary, but they made so many this way. Only a waiting game.

Sometimes I wonder about that too.

Let's hope it's just a bad batch and in a few months we will be back to the original quality

Rob110 said:
Let's hope it's just a bad batch and in a few months we will be back to the original quality

I hope so!

I just got a case from XPMedical. After 6 diapers I haven't any any tape issues or capacity issues. Actually the last time I got 24/7's the tapes tended to pop off but none have popped off as of yet.

I haven't had any issues with the ones I ordered from XPMedical. But then again it's possible that XP just has a larger stockpile and hasn't gotten to the bad batch yet. Where did you guys, if you had problems, order from?

Thing to know about XP Gary has 2 warehouses one in Michigan near Holland and the other is on the beaches of Southern California near Los Angeles suburb of Oxnard . Depending on where stock (New) is sent to and if proper rotation of stock occurs it could take weeks or months before the new problem child ones are shipped out. When that happens I am sure Gary is going to have his hands full dealing with the Manufacturer if anyone can get a manufacturer to get a issue resolved its Gary I put my trust in him to get it taken care of. And if you get these from other suppliers you are at the mercy of the stocking crew on stock rotation and their customer service policies.

My only thing with Dry-24-7's is sometimes there will be a powder in the bottom of the bag strangely. Hope this helps.

INTrePid said:
I haven't had any issues with the ones I ordered from XPMedical. But then again it's possible that XP just has a larger stockpile and hasn't gotten to the bad batch yet. Where did you guys, if you had problems, order from?

I got mine from Dry24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back