Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey, they have all the sexy fun in Britian

Default Hey, they have all the sexy fun in Britian

Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13

Is this for real?? He doesn't look or act any more than 7-8 (except for you know... the sex part) Is this where society is really going?

I'm scared.

Note that the kid was actually 12 when they had sex.

Anyways, I'm just shocked no one explained how sex works to him by then. They teach it in school where I live starting in grade 5 (10 years old). They make sure you know what sex can create (babies) before it is physically possible for it to happen.

However, there is one case where an 8 year old girl became pregnant, but she had a genetic abnormality that caused her to become fertile by 4 years old. The father was never found, though everyone figures it was either her own father or an uncle.

It happens. Not just in Britain, but all over the world (especially places with no method of birth control).

Ah yes. We have confirmation on my other post's suspicion:

Chantelle and Maisie were released from hospital yesterday. They are living with Penny, Chantelle’s jobless dad Steve, 43, and her five brothers in a rented council house in Eastbourne. The family live on benefits.
    It is unfortunate that you cannot make people not bring children into the world when they cannot put food into their own mouths. It is also unfortunate that people with professional careers are having children later and later, while those with no aspirations are having children younger and more frequently.

Finally ... why on earth would that girl sleep with this boy? She had a few years of age on him, and obviously was happy enough to open her legs for anyone ... why a 12 year old who looks 8?

“She’s my daughter. I love her and she will want for nothing.”
    How I really wish this quote had come from Chantelle rather than from Chantelle’s mother. Because, you know, the victim here is the child, and that's where every last penny of money and morsel of food should be going.

I took a closer look at the "newspaper." It's a tabloid. Other stories include "The curse of 9/11" in reference to the 9/11 wido who died in the plane crash in New York this week, "Beach head nut was killer," "Jade told she's dying," "Mothe rof Octuplets says she has not had sex in eight years," "Clancy is looking fancy in lingerie," as well as four pictures of women is various states of undress on the front page. This isn't news. The veracity of the article you bring up is questionable. Pregnancies at such a young age certainly do occur, but I don't know if this one did. And to generalize about the state of an entire society based on one case or one locale or one social ill does not offer much in the line of accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by harris View Post
    I took a closer look at the "newspaper." It's a tabloid. ... This isn't news.... The veracity of the article you bring up is questionable. ... And to generalize about the state of an entire society based on one case or one locale or one social ill does not offer much in the line of accuracy.
    I don't generally read papers from the U.K., so I'm not as familiar with what is a rag and what is a respectable outlet. I thought it might be a little too fantastic, but there is video with the article. For a fake piece, going through the trouble to find the parents that would let their 2 kids and a newborn to star in your fake news article seems a bit off the deep end, IMO.

I am certainly able to generalize about the fate of society on a far grander scale than this, with far less evidence, when called upon. Not really serious about this case, but it sounded good, yeah?

We could take the rational step and discuss whether all of the money spent and comic books for 6 year olds printed actually does anything more towards lessening the possibility of events like this occurring than parents having the guts to have "the talk" and maintaining communications with their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Incomplete Dude View Post
    Note that the kid was actually 12 when they had sex.

Anyways, I'm just shocked no one explained how sex works to him by then. They teach it in school where I live starting in grade 5 (10 years old). They make sure you know what sex can create (babies) before it is physically possible for it to happen.
    5 grade? Damn, my school didn't teach sex ed until you were in 8th grade. I believe it, because when I started 9th grade, there were like 5 girl already pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by harris View Post
    I took a closer look at the "newspaper." It's a tabloid. Other stories include "The curse of 9/11" in reference to the 9/11 wido who died in the plane crash in New York this week, "Beach head nut was killer," "Jade told she's dying," "Mothe rof Octuplets says she has not had sex in eight years," "Clancy is looking fancy in lingerie," as well as four pictures of women is various states of undress on the front page. This isn't news. The veracity of the article you bring up is questionable. Pregnancies at such a young age certainly do occur, but I don't know if this one did. And to generalize about the state of an entire society based on one case or one locale or one social ill does not offer much in the line of accuracy.
    It is The Sun, sure, which is tawdry at best, but I have no doubt that the core facts are (largely) correct: 12-year old boy and 14-year old girl create demon spawn.

As far as generalizing about an entire society, the fact remains that now there are far more britons than in previous generations who, at 12-18, say they want to "be famous" and yet have no marketable skills or discernible talent whatsoever. Hence the fact that everyone was on the dole unfortunately didn't come as a huge surprise to me; there simply appears less education/opportunities/willingness/involvement in low-SES families.

I stand by my earlier comment, but point out that there are other factors involved than just this.

Not that the UK is unique; during a radio show with a skilled tradesman (plumber) here in the USA, he (the plumber) bemoaned the fact that they're finding no apprentices to pass the trade to. $100K-$120K per year is apparently "nothing" to 18-21 year olds whom he speaks with, and they think they'll do better. I, on the other hand, have busted my ass for the past 10 years in school ... and I'll likely end up making somewhere in that range in this country ... assuming that I can find work. Plumbing sure looks smart from this end of things!