Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waddler Overnight wrinkly cover?

Default Waddler Overnight wrinkly cover?

I received my sample pack of Snuggies Waddler Overnight's in the mail about a week ago. I still haven't had a chance to test them out; however, I did notice that the cover is very wrinkly like it didn't get put together correctly. I doubt it will affect the performance, but I like a very smooth plastic back sheet, so this will definitely affect how much enjoyment I get out of them! Has anybody else noticed this?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439245794.244642.jpg 
Views:	1025 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	24590

It's hard to miss and it's not ideal. They do puff up when wet more than any other diaper I've tried, so I could see that as having something to do with it. Give them a try and see what you think.

I plan on it soon, probably this week. I'm just surprised they're like this, as I've tried the regular Waddlers and their cover is pretty smooth.

To me, the wrinkles look like they happened in shipping instead of manufacturing. My diapers end up looking that way when they are in a backpack for a little while. Longer times make them a complete wrinkled mess. Should not change the performance. Buying a whole bag or case will provide smoother diapers because of how tightly packed they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    To me, the wrinkles look like they happened in shipping instead of manufacturing. My diapers end up looking that way when they are in a backpack for a little while. Longer times make them a complete wrinkled mess. Should not change the performance. Buying a whole bag or case will provide smoother diapers because of how tightly packed they are.
    It's a reasonable guess but getting whole bags results in the same wrinkly surface.

Quote Originally Posted by DPRLuv85 View Post
    I received my sample pack of Snuggies Waddler Overnight's in the mail about a week ago. I still haven't had a chance to test them out; however, I did notice that the cover is very wrinkly like it didn't get put together correctly. I doubt it will affect the performance, but I like a very smooth plastic back sheet, so this will definitely affect how much enjoyment I get out of them! Has anybody else noticed this?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439245794.244642.jpg 
Views:	1025 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	24590
    Wow I can see padding was like squish square shapes. Was the padding like the same inside the diaper? Just curious what shipping company did the company use? Was it in a big yellow envelope?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It's a reasonable guess but getting whole bags results in the same wrinkly surface.
    Neat. Rules out my thoughts about shipping. Must happen during manufacturing and bagging then. The thicker diapers must not be going through the process as smoothly as the thinner ones.

They were shipped to me in a padded envelope (lol, pun intended). They were packaged with a sample pack of the regular Waddler's for my wife, as she has yet to try them. The regular Waddler's were fine, so it didn't happen during shipping. Also, if it were happening during shipping you would think you would be able to smooth it back out with your hands. No matter how much I try the wrinkles will not go away, so I think they were manufactured with the wrinkles.

I would expect it not to affect performance, I guess I'll find out soon!

I just received a case of these and they're the same way.
    I also ordered some before - just single bags. And again, the same way.
    It's either a manufacturing defect or part of the design. I didn't fine it affected the diaper at all though.

That's good that it doesn't affect performance. However, even though I have yet to tape one on its already affecting the experience. A diaper should be nice and smooth...no wrinkles! It certainly won't keep me from trying them, and depending on the performance, it also won't keep me from ordering again!