Wearing Diaper Backward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had been trying to make my diaper lasts longer by wearing it backward first til its soaked. Then un-tape it and turned it back around the right way and re-tape it. I found it to last much longer. If I wear it the right way the whole time, my bum just wont absorb the urine from the front. I have been wearing the ATN for several years. Its harder for me to order online so I have to go to a medical supply store and find the ATN the best I can find. Usually, I will have a Goodnite Tru-fit pad or two.

Does anyone else do the same thing by wearing it backward first and then the right way?

jamiejamie said:
I had been trying to make my diaper lasts longer by wearing it backward first til its soaked. Then un-tape it and turned it back around the right way and re-tape it. I found it to last much longer. If I wear it the right way the whole time, my bum just wont absorb the urine from the front. I have been wearing the ATN for several years. Its harder for me to order online so I have to go to a medical supply store and find the ATN the best I can find. Usually, I will have a Goodnite Tru-fit pad or two.

Does anyone else do the same thing by wearing it backward first and then the right way?

In my experience that’s a major drawback with disposables, wetness doesn’t wick throughout the diaper. With cloth the entire diaper is wet when I wake.

I haven't tried this. When I have a large wetting, I lay on my back so that urine naturally moves towards the rear padding. I think it also helps that I wear Molicares which are relatively good at wicking. Most of the time when I wear, every inch of padding saturates.

Seems to me diapers should be gender specific with more padding in the front and sides for males.

Besides trying to get every tiny inch out of a disposable, I don't really see the point of wearing it backwards.

Nope. Never retape a diaper on backwards. To wet the front padding, I will just lay on my belly and let gravity flow the other way.

just point your thing down if your a guy and you'll end up with a wet behind. After that you could try to adjust yourself to soak the front as well. Just wash your hands if you reach in to do that.

(1) feels WEIRD, (2) hard to do the tapes, (3) I don't think the fit itself in general works for backward. The tapes need to pull in on top and around on bottom, and they can't do that for your front while they're in the back.

They say putting it on backwards simulates more the feeling of a cloth diaper, I wear both and to me it's apples and oranges.

Fold your diaper lent wise in half and give a little stretch to create a channel for the wetness to flow to the back helps, I wear cloth at home and ATN's mobile out and about,the channel method helps alot.

Tetra said:
They say putting it on backwards simulates more the feeling of a cloth diaper, I wear both and to me it's apples and oranges.

Fold your diaper lent wise in half and give a little stretch to create a channel for the wetness to flow to the back helps, I wear cloth at home and ATN's mobile out and about,the channel method helps alot.

I'll try that.

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
(1) feels WEIRD, (2) hard to do the tapes, (3) I don't think the fit itself in general works for backward. The tapes need to pull in on top and around on bottom, and they can't do that for your front while they're in the back.

Not so hard to do the tapes, do the bottom tapes first-making it quite tight and then do the top. If I do it the right way first, then backward-it feels very awkward and more likely to leak.

I do my first wetting standing. The next might be sitting. The next lying down or being on all four. It moves the flow around without moving the diaper.

Fire2box said:
just point your thing down if your a guy and you'll end up with a wet behind. After that you could try to adjust yourself to soak the front as well. Just wash your hands if you reach in to do that.

Exactly! I make certain mine is always tucked in so I get that nice warm wet feeling around my bottom. Sitting, laying down in different ways helps to move your warm pee around so you can achieve that total wet feeling. And like "Fire2box" pointed out, always clean your hands after doing an "adjustment":smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back