What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melmel

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Here's an interesting hypothetical that I thought would be very interesting to hear thoughts on:

If you were a parent and your child came out to you (or you "found them out") as an ABDL or just a DL or anything in between how would you react? What would you do?

Just from lurking around I know that all of you would be more than supportive of it for sure, but in this case I want more details!

Would you buy them diapers and start babying them right away? Would you teach them all about where and when its ok to wear or regress and such? Would you just leave them to their diapers and alone time?

Would your answer change dependent on the age and gender of your child?

Let the conversation begin!

I have a niece who is almost 8 years old. When she was 6 and a half her baby sister was born. At that point she started sucking her thumb. So one day in quick moment with just the 2 of us. I asked her if she wanted a pacifier. She thought about it and said "yes". A few months later after I forgot about it she asked me for a pacifier when we where alone. I said "sure I will get you one" but she didn't want her parents to know. I promised to keep it a secret. I finally got her one and she loves it so much I bought her a second one. I also got her 2 cute pair of shortalls. I love wearing shortalls myself. So, now my niece can go out matching her favorite uncle. 2-3 weeks ago I left my adult sized pacifier in my shortalls bib pocket. While she was sitting on my lap she felt something in my pocket and reach in to check it out. When she pulled it out, I told her that was my pacifier. She then put it in mouth and said "Now me match for sure". Since then we have talked about baby bottles, diapers, and footy pajamas. (sleepers). The problem is this all the stuff I love and have loved since I was her age or younger, but she is the one bring up this in conversation. So of course I see nothing wrong with it and we both enjoy our time together. I feel more relaxed wearing my shortalls, and using my pacifier in public because my niece enjoys it and she has no shame or embarrassment.

This question has come up several times on this site, but of course, those threads would be closed as it's been awhile. Obviously, I'd be very understanding and accepting, and secretly I'd wonder if the poor kid inherited it from me. If the child was young, prepubescent, I would probably try to discourage them from whatever it was they were doing for me to discover. My guess would be makeshift diapers or underwear wetting. We'd talk about it and see if they could redirect their desire to something more appropriate. At the same time I would make them understand that they weren't weird and that many people felt this way.

For a son or daughter that had hit puberty, I would understand the drive and sexual nature of it, and we'd find ways to manage it. My wife and I always gave some sort of monetary allowance to our children in exchange for chores which they did throughout the house. I think I'd make sure that the allowance was large enough to buy diapers if that's how they wanted to spend their money. I'd also discuss cleanliness and how to dispose of the diapers, and also keeping the mattress dry by using a waterproof cover.

I think we all wish our parents had treated us this way. My mom sent me to a psychiatrist and she did not approve or allow this sort of behavior, which only made me think I was crazy, and it forced me to be even more sneaky. It was no way to live and I'd certainly not put my child through that kind of misery.

Well for the first few times I caught them I would probably ignore it, act like I hadn't seen it and just hope they would come to me if they had questions. If I caught them multiple time or found them doing something potentially dangerous then I would step in. I would just tell them that it was ok that everyone has their own thing and it's perfectly natural. I would offer to buy them diapers or rather i would take them to buy diapers I feel like there's something to be learned by buying this sort of stuff for yourself. That would be about all I do for them though. Just make sure they do it safely and know that this kind of stuff is better kept private. It's important not to engage with them the parent child relationship shouldn't go into that. I do think that I should help guide them in this discover just to make sure they do it safely and don't get the wrong ideas from it.

I'd just ask them calmly why they're doing it and assure them that as long as they aren't hurting themselves or anybody else there's nothing wrong with doing what makes you comfortable or happy.

That's a tough one. As everyone else here, I'd be very supportive and not make a big deal out of it. The part I'm stuck on is whether I'd want to tell them I have the same desires. It would be tempting as it would open up a whole new realm of communication regarding their feelings about this side of them. However I'd have to say I wouldn't tell them because it could potentially make the relationship quite awkward. I still wouldn't hesitate to give them pointers based on everything I've learned over the years, without seeming 'too' knowledgeable.

I guess my main priority would be to make sure they don't feel ashamed or embarrassed. I'd try my absolute hardest to make sure they know that they could open up to me whenever they wanted too and get nothing but love and understanding. If they ever got comfortable enough that they asked me to buy them diapers, I'd be totally fine with that, but that probably wouldn't come up. I assume they'd still want to keep this part of their life relatively private, but I'd want them to understand that they don't have to. As dogboy said, I'd make sure they understand the importance of hygiene and proper disposal. I'd also tell them that there's a time and a place for this, and that this is still something you'll want to keep to yourself (with the exception of trusted friends) as others might not be so understanding.

I wouldn't handle it the way my dad did when he found out about me. He tried to be supportive but ended up treating it like I did something wrong and like it was something I should be punished for. He practically accused me of being attracted to small children and banned me from all computers for about a month. He thought I needed time to "outgrow" this phase. That whole experienced messed me up for quite awhile and I'd wouldn't want that for my kid.

To be honest, I wouldn't be very happy about it. I would try my best to be supportive, but I definitely wouldn't want to be engaged in any way. For me, diapers are something sexual, and I really don't want to mix my sexuality with raising my kids. And I probably wouldn't tell them about me until they were adults, if I ever decided to tell them. But I agree that it's important to talk about it and make sure that they are safe. And I would try even harder to respect their privacy.

I wouldn't explode on my kid about it but explaining what it is exactly to em would be hard and a very tricky conversation. Granted telling your own kids that you also fall into the category isn't easy either. There really is no way to really have it easy with this one.

Nope.
I, for one, do not want to know about my parents sexual things, and my parents don't want to know about mine. They're not going to buy me diapers just like I won't buy them condoms. I definitely would not do anything to help my child should they come out as an AB/DL. You know, other than love and support.

If I ever found out my child was an AB/DL I would probably let them do what they want to do as long as they are private about it and they are being safe about it. I would not participate in it with them and I won't buy them anything but I will be supportive about it and I will answer any questions or concerns that they might have.

My own children would get the same response I give to anyone asking questions here: support and advice. At no point am I going to participate in this aspect of my children's life. My own mother never played Legos with me. It is reasonable for me to not participate in a private part of their life.

Providing supplies would be a different question. That would depend on age and maturity of the child, family finances, and the situation. My first concern would be to keep them out of my own stash better. They would have their own private stash. I want my children to know the value of things and to be responsible for what they have. Knowing how to keep a stash hidden is also a good skill for when they move out.

As a parent, I am responsible for teaching life skills and providing advice and support. Helping them to grow up with the love and encouragement necessary to accept themself and to face life is manditory. This would be no exception.

I've two kids and... if I admit possibility of they'd be into AB/DL, so I never confront them. It did my mother when I was 16 or 17 and it was terrible, because it harmed more than enough our family confidence. Yes, only I can act if I see some "hard reresion," but not in way "Don't do...," if not "You've to be big boy/girl. But you can do all what you want untill you aren´t source of problems to you and others."

Seriously, it would be way too weird to become involved in any way other than to demonstrate loving support. If I had a kid that voluntarily came out, I would want them to know that I would support them in their identity search but only in a way that was ok with them. I still don't think I would necessarily reveal my own AB side. One thing I would definitely do is give them space and privacy. There's no way I'd be babying them, that's just too weird even if that was their fantasy. OMG this whole idea is getting more out there the more i think of it. Who knows really till you'd be faced with this....I for one would hate my folks to know about my baby side. But when I was at home I would love to have had enough privacy to order stuff without worrying about having to explain....or worrying about snooping in my room.... that's something I'd never do to my kid

It's a tough one, not being a parent but i am generally an open guy in general - but i am unsure how i would react if i had a child who did not 'conform to the norm'.

I wouldn't out them, or degrade them in anyway, nor would i baby them.

I can only imagine it would be something like this...

I know that alot of DL's/Littles get sexual gratification out of the whole thing and that is not something i would want my child experiencing from me. I would let them do what they want to do, and assuming said child did not have the money for the nappies etc i would get them for them. After all, as a parent surely your child's happiness is your main goal in life? I would make it categorically clear that i want no part in it and it should be something done in private and not exhibited.

I would let it go, I would support them anyway possible, I would draw the line though with diapering, depending on age <10 I would diaper, over 10 they're on there own, I wouldn't part take in being there abdl friend, I would remain a parental figure.

I feel that if the child has not reached the age where puberty starts. Which means their hormones aren't effecting anything. Then it is definitely not a sexual things for them. So as they are still a young child (like in the case of my 7 year niece) they want to be babied for pure innocent reasons. At that age I would help them get what they want (pacifiers, diapers, baby bottles, rompers, sleepers, shortalls, bibs, stroller (all things my niece has asked me for)). I would also love and baby them as much as they want or need when every they ask for it or it just feels like a good time to baby them. At home in private or out in public while still giving the child full control of their babyish desires.

Melmel said:
Here's an interesting hypothetical that I thought would be very interesting to hear thoughts on:

If you were a parent and your child came out to you (or you "found them out") as an ABDL or just a DL or anything in between how would you react? What would you do?

Just from lurking around I know that all of you would be more than supportive of it for sure, but in this case I want more details!

Would you buy them diapers and start babying them right away? Would you teach them all about where and when its ok to wear or regress and such? Would you just leave them to their diapers and alone time?

Would your answer change dependent on the age and gender of your child?

Let the conversation begin!

I would be accepting, no matter what. However, they would be responsible for the diapers, and the hygiene that comes with it. I would only allow them to do it at home.

If I caught my kid, we'd have a talk about them needing to be better about hiding their secret habits, obviously. Can't have a sloppy kid. Just think, if I'm catching them, they'll stand no chance when they become an international spy!

I would treat it the same way my parents did for me. I would be accepting of it, offer to pick up diapers, bottles, pacis etc (at his or her own expense, also, this would stop after a while as I think it'd be important to be able to do this on their own) and I would allow him or her do as they please in my home, so long as they clean up after themselves. However, I would not participate in it. I wouldn't search their room, and give privacy. They wouldn't know about me either.
So basically, I'd just stay out of it as much as possible.

BabyBryanne said:
I feel that if the child has not reached the age where puberty starts. Which means their hormones aren't effecting anything. Then it is definitely not a sexual things for them. So as they are still a young child (like in the case of my 7 year niece) they want to be babied for pure innocent reasons. At that age I would help them get what they want (pacifiers, diapers, baby bottles, rompers, sleepers, shortalls, bibs, stroller (all things my niece has asked me for)). I would also love and baby them as much as they want or need when every they ask for it or it just feels like a good time to baby them. At home in private or out in public while still giving the child full control of their babyish desires.

I don't think that all necessarily follows. Children play with themselves prior to puberty and enjoy their sexual organs in an immature way. I would also say that the excitement and energy I felt even as a young child into this would be characterized as sexual or at least immaturely so. Not to say that this must be so but I think it can be.

To address the OP's question, if they were under 10 or so, I'd be likely to allow them to indulge a bit while reminding them of the benefits of adulthood and maturation. At such a young age, I believe it's much more likely to be a phase or passing fancy rather than something deep-seated. The fact that I had these feelings from a very young age doesn't deter me in this. I suspect more children flirt with this sort of thing than we readily hear.

If it persisted, I'd move it more to learning about boundaries and what is appropriate when and what sort of stigmas are attached to certain behaviors. As this is recreational, they'd have to pay for their own supplies out of their allowance. An older child would get a more advanced version of this. Ultimately, I'd want to neither encourage or discourage what appeared to be a genuine desire but just try to maintain reasonable boundaries and expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back