Leaked at a friend's house, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note said:
It's not forcing it on anyone until it become an issue for others, which is clearly what the OP has done here with his friend. And so far, the support I have seen about the issue is to encourage bad behaviour, by lying to his friend about what has happened.

He wasn't forcing it on anyone. He made a mistake that could happen to anyone. Even the best of diapers can be bastards when sitting down, he's probably a bit inexperienced and he'll almost certainly learn from this.

We aren't encouraging any bad behaviour, we're simply advising him on how to avoid an awkward situation, which is often best done with lying. I would've thought him telling the truth about his diaper wearing would more fit your definiton of "forcing it on him".

Note said:
Well I was brought up to believe that lying is a bad thing, so your guess is as good as mine.

It is, but you can't just say "X thing is bad so never do it." One, we're all human and we make mistakes, so it's not realistic to tell someone to never do anything bad. Two, some situations are a choice between multiple bad things. It's bad to break up a friendship over a fetish (which could be an issue here), or to break up a group of friends because of one mistake. That has to be balanced against the issue of lying in the moment or of simply staying quiet afterwards.

Wow, didn't really mean to make this so controversial. As an update I was at their house again yesterday, the chair was fine nobody said anything and so I'm guessing no one noticed at all. My take away from this is to better manage my fluid intake, which is hard since I have chronic dry mouth but doable and to maybe think more on where I wear in public. I'm sorry to have been the cause for a controversy and I thank everyone who posted here for their insights. I just need to be more careful in the future and I think I'll be fine. Again, thanks everyone for your input.

Note said:
Well I was brought up to believe that lying is a bad thing, so your guess is as good as mine.

Yeah it is, but life isn't that black and white. Sometimes you can't always do the 'right thing' especially in a situation like this.

DMVanGrif said:
Wow, didn't really mean to make this so controversial. As an update I was at their house again yesterday, the chair was fine nobody said anything and so I'm guessing no one noticed at all. My take away from this is to better manage my fluid intake, which is hard since I have chronic dry mouth but doable and to maybe think more on where I wear in public. I'm sorry to have been the cause for a controversy and I thank everyone who posted here for their insights. I just need to be more careful in the future and I think I'll be fine. Again, thanks everyone for your input.

Don't apologize. You brought up a situation that some may have been through and potentially any one of us could. It got a conversation going on what and what not to do when padded at someone else's house. Thank you for sharing your story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back