Telling a friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have told a couple friends, but they're also ABDLs. None of my non-ABDL friends know and no one in my family knows. A good rule of thumb is that I only reveal that I'm an ABDL to other ABDLs.

Milko said:
Yeah, I've never told any of my friends yet but I've told family members. They were alright with it. I plan on telling more people once I leave school. It's nice to have people around you that can support you. Especially if your ab/dl think is more of an emotional and lifestyle thing than a fetish.

Sorry to be that guy, but how old are you? I don't have anything to do with the running of this site but...the site-runners are very sensitive about age and restrictions! You've just mentioned school in your post...look all I'm saying is its not nice to get banned...please dont take this the wrong way - and maybe I shoodnt be worrying about this but - to conclude - it may not be just my alarm bells ringing over this! bringmesunshine

bringmesunshine said:
Sorry to be that guy, but how old are you? I don't have anything to do with the running of this site but...the site-runners are very sensitive about age and restrictions! You've just mentioned school in your post...look all I'm saying is its not nice to get banned...please dont take this the wrong way - and maybe I shoodnt be worrying about this but - to conclude - it may not be just my alarm bells ringing over this! bringmesunshine

In Australia you still attend school when you're 18

Milko said:
In Australia you still attend school when you're 18

Ah right, that is something I did not know. Please pardon my ignorance. My main computer suffered a massive failure recently and some files were lost including a massive file detailing all the nappies I've tried, want to try and exciting ones out there...however from memory I seem to remember that you hav a few good looking nappies to choose from...ones that are unique to Australia. bringmesunshine

I've told three of my closest most trusted friends about me being a DL, and fortunately, they all accepted it, and in fact, I discovered one of my friends shares this in common with me, which was a huge surprise. I don't intend to tell anyone else about it though, nobody else in my life needs to know right now, I don't imagine I'll tell anyone else again, until I get a girlfriend most likely.

Telling to an incorrect person is social suicide...

CrazySmoker said:
Telling to an incorrect person is social suicide...

So true though, it's definitely a hit or miss. I only tell really close friends

In my humble opinion, the benefits of telling a friend are outweighed by the potential consequences. Unless I could totally trust a friend, I don't think I would ever want to risk it.

So far, only 1 really close friend and my boyfriend know, they've both been really accepting of this.

I've told my very closest friends, like 2-3 people. One of them is now my fiance. I knew when he accepted and supported who I was, I wanted to be with him forever.

I've told a few people. I don't think the issue is as black and white as express your ABDL side or repress it. It depends on who you open up to - and should be judged on how open-minded, understanding and trustworthy you believe them to be.

I told my former caregiver. She had a little side too, so that was just very fortunate. Even after we stopped talking (for totally unrelated reasons) and went our separate ways, I don't think she's told anyone else about my tendencies, and same vice-versa. I told one very close former female friend. She found it a bit confusing, but had no issue with it per se, just saw it as a quirk.

My Dad and one of my brothers have an idea that I sometimes like to act like a kid when I'm stressed out, but probably not the regularity with which I indulge my little side. Both of them think it's a bit odd, but accept it and attribute it to a coping mechanism. I'm not certain that it is, but if the worst thing they think about my ABDL is that it's a pretty harmless emotional crutch, it could be a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back