Are dry 24/7 worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
cm90210 said:
This is the exact question I was going to ask. I really loved dry 24/7 back when they were produced in Israel? - haven't purchased again since they changed operations all around. But I LOVE the north shore diaper. It fits me well and I love how thick/solid it feels. Haven't had an issue with absorbency.
But I'll give the new drys a try on your recommendation. Maybe I'll go back to them!?

IMO, the Northshore's seem to wick farther than the dry 24/7, but if I had my druthers, I'd only use these two models.

Yes, The dry 24/7 diaper is worth it. The diaper has not let me down. Great diapers for overnight. I wish they would add a frontal landing zone.

The dry 24/7's are cut larger then the Abena line how are the northshore diapers for sizeing do they run larger like the dry 24/7's or smaller like the Abenas I am a 38"

Rob110 said:
The dry 24/7's are cut larger then the Abena line how are the northshore diapers for sizeing do they run larger like the dry 24/7's or smaller like the Abenas I am a 38"

The NorthShore Supremes run smaller. I wear large in NS, yet medium in Dry 24/7. However, the lg NS rises much higher (covers my belly button) than the med. Dry 24/7 (just below my belly button).

P.S. "Belly button" is a really funny word :)

I like the dry 24/7 alot. They are great. They have a very high quality construction and the outer plastic is really comfortable. They have really improved the tapes so there is usually no issues with it sagging or the tapes popping off. The only negative I would say is that if you flood the diaper suddenly (which I do every night), it sometimes leaks. It is definitely not as good if you tend to have sudden or complete voids. Also, the sizing is a little bigger than normal. I actually like the sizing, but some may not. It is definitely worth a try...

The Northshore are amazing as well. Maybe not quite as thick, but very good quality and I have never had a leak with them. I have recently switched to them all the time (not just during the day) because they seem to be able to handle flooding quite well.

Just my .02 on these two...

For the money... The best. So thick and crinkly, you hafta walk with a waddle, an sooo absorbant.

Nanaja said:
For the money... The best. So thick and crinkly, you hafta walk with a waddle, an sooo absorbant.

I walked just fine in them at six flags a week ago. My dad didn't even notice or wouldn't have if not for the small camelpack I was using as a diaper bag and carrying an iphone and headphones. Sercurity had to open the bag to make sure it wasn't a gun or anything prohibited. No idea if my dad opened it while I went on coasters can't store them out on the platforms. SF has to make money off those locker systems ya know. :laugh:

Just bought 2 more cases of Dry 24/7's even though they just went up $20.00 per case it's still worth the money for the comfort and security of a diaper I can trust to do its job

Fire2box said:
the small camelpack I was using as a diaper bag and carrying an iphone and headphones. Sercurity had to open the bag to make sure it wasn't a gun or anything prohibited.

So you weren't bothered that the security was pawing through your diapers?

bambinod said:
So you weren't bothered that the security was pawing through your diapers?

Nope. However they can't legally dig trough packs apparently, just visually inspect them when opened. but the main pouch was small/just big enough to fit in a dry 24/7 my like half pack of wipes and a regular sized bottle of baby powder. Took the guy a few seconds to realize what it was, just not sure if he thought they were for me or my dad.

Frankly I was more nervous over what kind of reaction my dad would have over it, but he never said anything. I only wore a northshore there last year when I got their sample but didn't bring a change. This time I did and it wasn't bad at all, I knew the perfect place to change. A family restroom by the wolves, secondary tiger area, vet/clinic and cougar place. That part of the park is quite compared to all other areas. However, I decided to just pull up my boxer-briefs I wore over the dry 24/7 for noise control. It was respectably comfortable though and held up really well for the 2-3 times I used it.

I don't plan on wearing again to a theme/amusement park (well would at disneyland), but if I went with a caregiver then it wouldn't be up to me. :p

As others have stated, these diapers are definitely worth the money; they quickly became one of my favorites after I tried them for the first time. I definitely like the all white appearance, but then again, I am strictly a DL. I have had one of the tapes pop on rare occasions, but I also had the same issue with some Abena M4's a few years ago.

These diapers are totally worth it. I will reiterate what others have said about the tapes: They do tend to unstick themselves occasionally. I normally combat this with some packing tape over each end to keep them in place. When I do this I can keep the diaper on overnight without issue.

I like using boosters with all my diapers, though, and Dry 24/7s have trouble with these sometimes. If I use any swelling boosters the tapes will break no matter what I do. But if I use the Abena boosters then I'm normally good to go since they don't really swell at all. So I normally can't make them super thick, but they still have such a decent capacity by themselves that it normally doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back