Embarrassed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be lucky on this one, I actually keep my plush on my desk in the living room unless Im in bed then its wrapped in my arms, roommates know about it but don't really care so its golden.

I use to be embarrassed but that mostly passed when I realized all my plushies are awesome! Lol. I don't exactly advertise it, but I sleep with my plush Simba just about every night, even if I got friends over. I've considered taking him with me when I know I'm going to be staying somewhere else over night, but have yet to do that so I'm still a little embarrassed about it, but no significant sense of shame or anything like that.

Yeah, but I simply can't sleep without my stuffie and blankie. I don't feel safe without them ^•^ if he falls out of my arms when I'm sleeping, I wake up and find where he is :smile1:

otter.jpg

I also want to add that many of my friends have shown interest in my plushies. Everything from wanting to hold and snuggle with them to appreciate the character they are (i.e. I have a lot of anime plushies such as Kurama [The Nine Tailed Fox], Kirara, and Charmander). Anyway, here's a pic I love showing off! Plus I think/hope some of you will appreciate it.

My Plushies.jpg

I have slept with a teddy bear [and usually some sort of night light] for years now.
Some days just having him on my bed s enough, others I need to hold him tight to go to sleep.

Ive pretty much gotten over the embarrassment part and its pretty much a "yes its a teddy bear, get over it", lol
Plus Girls + Stuffies = not so much a big thing, no matter how old you are. So that makes life easier.

For ~6 years now I've slept with my teddy bear(s) every night I was in my own bed. I brought one of them to collage my first year and hid them under the covers at all times. The next year I brought all 3 that I like to sleep with, and managed to sleep with two of them every night(Using the same method of hiding them under the covers). However, my roommate, a High school friend, must have seen me sleeping with them on more then one occasion, because I occasionally woke up after he left for class with them quite visible. Also one time they fell off my lofted bed and I had to get down in the wee hours of the morning to retrieve them because it woke me up :(

In each one of those instances I felt this like, deep dread when I realized that they were probably(defiantly) seen. I started to realize, however that it really wasn't a big deal. Yeah the embarrassment surfaces a little bit whenever I know someone sees them, but after, when they leave, it goes away almost instantly. It's just one of those things I guess, I know it isn't the norm for a lot of people, but Its my normal and everyone else can screw themselves if they think they can shame me into stopping. So yeah, I guess I get a little embarrassed too.:blushie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back