Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassed?

Post Embarrassed?

Do you ever feel embarrassed around others or your family. I sleep with a stuffed bear, I can't help it because of my insomnia. Im sometimes embarrassed because it's often seen as childish to do so.

Any similar experiences?
    Last edited by LordFluffybuttz; 04-Aug-2015 at 00:50.

yeah my whole family knows i sleep with my pony plushies if i dont i cant get to sleep need to cuddle to sleep XD

I have two bears and when I'm diapered and put in baby parts I feel so comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank9127 View Post
    I have two bears and when I'm diapered and put in baby parts I feel so comfortable.
    I put my plushies in the closet when my kids come back home to visit. Then my wife makes fun of them and reminds me that they're "in the closet".

Kinda. I mean, it's a weird mixed thing because I like feeling embarrassed, but I don't want to actually be thought less of by people who care about me. I sort of balance it. Like, pretty much everyone knows I like My Little Pony and that's something special that I'm proud of and own. A few people know I sleep with plushies, and I have one on my desk at work, but that's just fun and I like being sort of embarrassed about it while others think it's cute. Only a tiny number of people know about the diapers and footie PJs, and that's just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I put my plushies in the closet when my kids come back home to visit. Then my wife makes fun of them and reminds me that they're "in the closet".
    I like her, she's witty.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    Kinda. I mean, it's a weird mixed thing because I like feeling embarrassed, but I don't want to actually be thought less of by people who care about me. I sort of balance it. Like, pretty much everyone knows I like My Little Pony and that's something special that I'm proud of and own. A few people know I sleep with plushies, and I have one on my desk at work, but that's just fun and I like being sort of embarrassed about it while others think it's cute. Only a tiny number of people know about the diapers and footie PJs, and that's just fine.

I like her, she's witty.
    Ah, thanks. I just read that to her.

I experience these same feelings.
    I feel some shame at my needing to sleep with my Teddy Bear, "Howard Hug", and my dolly friends.

I feel a little weird about it. Only one of my friends knows that I sleep with my bears (at least I think he does, I've slept over at his house enough...never said anything though) my parents do know. What sucks is that I can't and will not even attempt to sleep without them in my arms, so no matter where I go, be it a family camping trip or something else, my bears always have to be with me. On one hand, I feel like it's a great point for regression being reliant on them for sleep, but on the other, it's frustrating to have to hide it or feel embarrassed about it.

Not much anymore really. Given that I only live with my dad and and hes known/"supported" it at times I just felt comfortable enough to sleep in my onesie while diapered in the living room where I normally sleep anyways since my mattress sucks. I'm not going around the house in just a onesie and a diaper.

Not sure where the difference between not being embarrassed and not having any shame lies.

I've got a hoodie that kinda fills the same role. Does that count?