Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentlySpeaking

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
Ok, so I still have not had the financial opportunity to get better diapers so I am trying to adjust to the pack of CVS brand ones that I have now so they dont go to waste, one thing I am doing is coloring on them and such, andways when I wear them the crotch folds in, I am wondering it this is normal? does it mean it's to big? could it be because my thighs touch?

The crotch folding in MAY be normal for adult sized diapers, but first be sure you have the correct sized diaper. Generally, if you are between sizes, it is a toss up as to whether get the smaller, or the larger of the sizes. Now that you have the proper sized diaper, open it up completely, and get hold of it lengthwise with both hands. Pull the diaper strongly a couple of time (especially necessary if the diaper has internal stand-up leak guards), then FOLD IN DIAPER IN HALF LENGTH WISE. This will create a "W" shape, with a channel down the middle. This will keep the diaper away from your crotch, as least so it won't bother you, and also creates a channel for the urine to flow down as the diaper absorbs your liquid. The crease also helps contain solid waste, but you will need to change and clean your butt thoroughly more often, than if you just urinate several times.

Once you've wet afew times it will fill out :)

I recall NorthShore placing instructions online for "preparing" their diapers, which basically involves folding the crotch down befor tapnig up, so the diaper gets a "V" profile in the crotch instead of a "W". W can be more comfortable but is muich higher risk for leaks.

For daytime wear, a W is preferred for me because my pant crotch is going to win eventually, and if my diaper is in a V, it's going to be to one side or the other, and that is much worse than a W.

Overnight however, I always make sure my crotch is in a V configuration so I don't leak. Sometimes that makes the rear cave in though. But that will fix itself once the material gets wet. It's best if the leak guards don't see any action at all, it's best to keep the wetness as close to the centerline of the diaper as possible. Actually the shape is generally a "V" but in reality is more of a "mushroom" shape, widening out a tad bit at the bottom. The material is going to swell when wet, so you don't want the channel closing up completely if you can prevent it. Done perfectly, when you wet, the first warmth you should feel is at your lower back. That means you're keeping liquids far away from the sides of the diaper, and filling in starting in the middle back of your diaper, where the best capacity and absorbency is at.

he everyone thank you so much!!these tipes really helped! I couldn't beleive how much better the diaper felt after trying them! thank you! sadly i took it off when I woke at 3 AM but i normally sleep in the nip

SilentlySpeaking said:
he everyone thank you so much!!these tipes really helped! I couldn't beleive how much better the diaper felt after trying them! thank you! sadly i took it off when I woke at 3 AM but i normally sleep in the nip

I really enjoy sleeping in nothing but my diaper. I'll add socks sometimes if it's a little chilly. Recently here I've had the temp at 75F 24/7 and it's been just right for sleeping without even a sheet. Very liberating feeling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back