Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incontinent and Pregnant

Default Incontinent and Pregnant

Several years ago, a spinal injury left me mostly incontinent. I could deal with that, but now that I'm pregnant, it's getting difficult. It seems like I pee constantly, and I'm having trouble keeping my diapers secure around my expanding middle.

Are there any other ladies out there that have been through this?

I have been helping the IC community for a few wars now. I had a veteran that had been injured and was now inconitnent. I asked her about this and this is what she said.
    "I have had 2 children with incontinence. I simply buy the larger diapers and then once I got too big I bought the geriatric brands. My recommendation is abenas and dry 24/7. Tena also makes pretty large flexs.
    Good luck"

I also recommend the Dry 24/7's they have proven to be the best diaper for me I liked the Abenas but the Dry 24/7's seem to stay in place better and I have come to like the plastic backed diaper better then the air plus

sherryt

where do you find the dry 24/7 diaper? Is it a full taped diaper, like a pullup, or like a disposible panty diaper like the new form fitting always and silouttes?

You can find them at XP Medical. It's a great company. It's a diaper with tapes that can hold quite a bit. These diapers have a waistband, so they will fit better over time. The sizes run large. Depending on your waist size, you may want to try a sample before making a large investment.

Tights or stretch/net pants might help secure your nappy as well.

sherryt

love wearing control top , light support pantyhose and tights over my diaper, when out in public. Secure and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob110 View Post
    I also recommend the Dry 24/7's they have proven to be the best diaper for me I liked the Abenas but the Dry 24/7's seem to stay in place better and I have come to like the plastic backed diaper better then the air plus
    I agree, Dry 24/7 are my primary diapers now. XP medical is also a great company to deal with,

Quote Originally Posted by sherryt View Post
    love wearing control top , light support pantyhose and tights over my diaper, when out in public. Secure and quiet.
    Yep, control top pantyhose work just great to hold your diaper up. My Wife actually suggested that I cut the legs off of an old pair of her pantyhose that had a run. It worked great and now I cut the legs off about 6 inches above the knee and use them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by archerstaley View Post
    I have been helping the IC community for a few wars now. I had a veteran that had been injured and was now inconitnent. I asked her about this and this is what she said.
    "I have had 2 children with incontinence. I simply buy the larger diapers and then once I got too big I bought the geriatric brands. My recommendation is abenas and dry 24/7. Tena also makes pretty large flexs.
    Good luck"
    I think you may mean "bariatric".