ConfiDry 24/7 Review

Fruitkitty said:
The ConfiDry 24/7, typically called just "Dry 24/7" in the ABDL community, is a high-end "premium" diaper. It is an all-white diaper with no prints which is marketed to the general, non-ABDL market. It is sold in small, medium, and large sizes, advertises every bell and whistle that one can typically find on a diaper, and claims a high capacity with the pitch that just a few changes will last through a typical day.

This diaper was taken off the market for over a year in order to move production and make revisions to the product. The new version was relaunched in late 2014.

I am reviewing the medium size ConfiDry 24/7, as purchased in February 2015. The small size is listed as fitting waists of 21-31", the medium is listed as fitting waists of 32-42", and the large is listed as fitting waists of 43-65".

Appearance, Size, and Features

The Dry 24/7 has an all-white appearance, with no markings whatsoever. There is no distinct landing zone panel for the tapes.

270-1-FrontFolded.JPG

270-2-BackFolded.JPG

Front and Back of Folded Diaper, Respectively

To test their dry thickness, I stacked three diapers on top of each other and placed a heavy book on top of them, and measured their height. Together, the 3 diapers had a height of approximately 10.2 cm (4.0 in). Thus, the dry thickness of a single folded diaper is 3.4 cm (1.3 in).

270-3-stacked.JPG

3 Diapers Stacked

The Dry 24/7 is one of the few diapers on the market to have a double tape system in which each tape has both a top tape and a bottom, "second chance" tape. The top tape is white and the bottom is blue. If the blue tape pops or you otherwise want to change the tape placement, you can just peel off the white tape and use it to re-tape the diaper. It also makes it easy to tape up the diaper for disposal after use. It's a welcome feature that saves a lot of tape-related headaches with the few diapers that have them.

270-4-tapes.JPG

The Tapes

The outside cover of the diaper feels substantial, with plastic that feels relatively thick and soft but has a lot of friction to the touch. It has a fairly typical and moderate crinkle. The inside is all white, and the padding is arranged in an hourglass shape with a diamond pattern which is visible through the backsheet. It has a dense, packed-cotton feel to it, which is harder than that of many other diapers. The diaper has standing leakguards, and elastic waistbands in both the front and back.

270-5-outside.JPG

270-6-inside.JPG

Front and Back of Unfolded Diaper

With the diaper outstretched, it measures 81.1 cm (31.8 in) in length, 72.4 cm (28.5 in) in width at the wings, 27.8 cm (11 in) in width at the center, and 16.3 cm (6.5 in) in width between the leak guards. It is a noticeably large diaper for a medium size, and is in fact the only medium diaper that I've ever reviewed which stretched over the edges of my table. Dry 24/7s have a well-earned reputation for running larger than comparable diapers.

270-7-length.JPG

270-8-widthwing.JPG

270-9-widthcenter.JPG

Performance and Fit

To test the capacity of this diaper quantitatively, I ran a test to simulate use. I put a diaper on and then repeatedly poured water into the front of it in 100 mL increments and sitting down in a chair for 30 seconds each time to give the diaper a chance to absorb the liquid, pace the process, and see if it would leak when sitting. At 1100 mL, I noticed that water felt like it was running near the cuffs when I added increments. At 1400 mL, an upper tape began to pull. At 1500 mL, I started feeling wet while I was sitting. At 1600 mL, I started noticing wetness around the leg cuffs. At 1800 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a pond. At 1900 mL of water, the diaper began to leak on my chair, and I ended the test.

I then took off the full diaper and folded it back up to compare its thickness to a dry diaper. It had expanded to roughly 10.1 cm (4 in), almost exactly 3x its original thickness.

Notably, while this diaper held out as long as other top-tier diapers, for almost half the test, it felt very wet and as if it was close to leaking.

270-10-heightfull.JPG

Dry Diaper Next to Full Diaper After Quantitative Test

I put on a fresh diaper and wore it while going about ordinary activities. The diaper lasted a total of 3 hours, during which time I had several medium wettings and some minor wettings, but did not flood it. This diaper leaked much sooner than I expected, so I tried another, but again, it leaked after 3 hours.

With a 36" waist, I am in the center of the listed size range, but this diaper, which had measured larger than most other mediums and clearly felt larger when I wore it, fit different than other mediums. It was a looser, less snug fit, and I think that contributed to it leaking much sooner than I expected. Certainly, given the result of the quantitative test, I expected this diaper to be capable of lasting as long as other "premium" diapers, and perhaps on another person it would.

The tapes stuck, but the diaper also didn't get to a point where it put them under high strain. Moreover, I felt the diaper's larger fit made it a bit difficult to tape them particularly snug, but I imagine that this is highly dependent on the individual wearer and fit.

The diaper is fairly quiet. The diaper is dense and the plastic doesn't seem to have much space to move about.

Price and Final Thoughts

I received a sample of these diapers for review from a fellow ABDL. They are available from XPMedical.com for 104.95 USD per case of 72. This works out to $1.46 per diaper, similar to other non-ABDL high-end, "premium" diapers, and a few pennies cheaper than the Abena M4 from the same vendor.

This is a great diaper at a competitive price, though I had problems that seemed to stem from the unusually large fit. I still saw great potential in this diaper otherwise, with top-tier capacity and high-quality design all-around. There are sporadic reports in the community related to problems with the tapes on this diaper, but my testing didn't seem to show the tapes to be any worse that is typical for high-end diapers, where pulling after the diaper has expanded substantially is a common problem.

This diaper has a unique advantage in being a very well-priced all-white diaper. Several ABDL manufacturers offer all-white diapers, but it is not very common for non-ABDL diapers to be completely free of markings. The fact that this one is all-white almost by default makes it the cheapest "premium" diaper in this category. Similarly, it has an advantage in being available in a size small, which few ABDL diapers can boast. It's a non-ABDL product with crossover appeal, which makes for a cheaper diaper available in a wider range of sizes.

Ultimately, this diaper stacks up well to other "premium" diapers, with similar capacity, similar price, and all of the higher-end feature that can be found on diapers.

Working through both some Rearz Safari and BetterDry this week and next. I have to say, Rearz Safari is fun, as it's an all-day diaper, but the BetterDrys seem to provide a better experience, actually needing to change once in a while.

My favorite premium diaper...A nice all white thick crinkly plastic diaper like the ones I grew up with...No stiff tape zone or cartoony design...They fit perfectly...

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude and abdlaware
This isn't the same dry 24/7 that used to be my favorite diaper many years ago. When they regrouped and it went off the market for some time, the new product was much less the diaper than it used to be.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221, Jeffro and midl2006
Has anybody seen a medium case of these for less than $116?

landingxray said:
is the plastic covering like the bambinos?
Nah... Not close. Id stick with Abu's too

emp711 said:
Has anybody seen a medium case of these for less than $116?
No but you get 72 instead of 40-45

These are one of my favorites, always have a case on hand....

Reactions: BeTrue
I was finally able to get some of these and try them out; I like them, but my only two complaints are the thickness of the plastic and how much heat they hold in.

The thick plastic makes them quite crinkly, which is good and bad depending on your preference. But it can also make them uncomfortable initially. They also seem to hold in heat; it's OK during the winter, but I think they will get too hot for me during the summer.

The padding is thick, and the construction is great; they have held up to two nights of wearing, and they are still together. I'll try to wear them at night for a week and see how it survives. As a DL that only wears them for happiness, I want these expensive diapers to last a while.

Reactions: stinkape and BeTrue
I've tried these diapers. They are the most absorbent by far of any diaper I've tried, including the Abena M4. My only complaint about these diapers is that by the time I was near saturation, almost all of the absorbent material had succumbed to the force of gravity, and wound up between my legs in one big clump.

It is a very thick diaper, so definitely only for at-home use, unless being noticed is your goal. Wear these in public, and I guarantee you'll be noticed.

These are my favorite diapers of all time. I've been buying them for as long as this review is old. They have the most comfortable and leakproof fit of any diaper ive tried. I wear mediums and have 39-40in hips and a a 36in waist.

A few things to note that i have learned from experience with them:

The current(2022) tapes are something different. Double tapes like usual with the same sizing, blue plastic primary tape, and a secondary cloth like adhesive backed tape. At first i didn't understand why. But I figured it out. The breathable cloth of the top tape, allows you to iron it out with your fingers and makes it easier to reapply them after removal.

The plastic shell is amazing, its strong and soft, its fairly loud, and it tends to stick to my inner things a bit when wet. Not enough to deter me, and quite contrarily, im enthralled with it and hope it never changes.

Quality control isn't their strong suit. Ive probably had 10+ cases and while the distribution of padding and sometimes the cut of the shell isnt always consistent. I have consistently received functional diapers from them.

Lastly, a tip that works on all diapers but really works well on these. Fluff them. Take them out of the pack, fold and massage the padding so that its no longer stiff(i put mine in the dryer with no heat for a few minutes), then put them away. These will double in thickness and become softer than ever. What's more, they fit soo much better and become even more leakproof.

• Love
Reactions: Tommy10, IncontinentArtist and BeTrue
askmelater47 said:
These are my favorite diapers of all time. I've been buying them for as long as this review is old. They have the most comfortable and leakproof fit of any diaper ive tried. I wear mediums and have 39-40in hips and a a 36in waist.

A few things to note that i have learned from experience with them:

The current(2022) tapes are something different. Double tapes like usual with the same sizing, blue plastic primary tape, and a secondary cloth like adhesive backed tape. At first i didn't understand why. But I figured it out. The breathable cloth of the top tape, allows you to iron it out with your fingers and makes it easier to reapply them after removal.

The plastic shell is amazing, its strong and soft, its fairly loud, and it tends to stick to my inner things a bit when wet. Not enough to deter me, and quite contrarily, im enthralled with it and hope it never changes.

Quality control isn't their strong suit. Ive probably had 10+ cases and while the distribution of padding and sometimes the cut of the shell isnt always consistent. I have consistently received functional diapers from them.

Lastly, a tip that works on all diapers but really works well on these. Fluff them. Take them out of the pack, fold and massage the padding so that its no longer stiff(i put mine in the dryer with no heat for a few minutes), then put them away. These will double in thickness and become softer than ever. What's more, they fit soo much better and become even more leakproof.
Yes I love these diapers too....I was always looking for an all white thick crinkly plastic diaper, with out all the lines ,numbers ,indicators and stiff tape zone. Also not loving all the cartoony multi colored diapers of today. I was looking for a all white diaper like the baby ones from the 80s. These come close and my favorite.

Reactions: askmelater47 and BeTrue
BeTrue said:
I've tried these diapers. They are the most absorbent by far of any diaper I've tried, including the Abena M4. My only complaint about these diapers is that by the time I was near saturation, almost all of the absorbent material had succumbed to the force of gravity, and wound up between my legs in one big clump.

It is a very thick diaper, so definitely only for at-home use, unless being noticed is your goal. Wear these in public, and I guarantee you'll be noticed.
Why I do not use them. But they are comfortable when dry. I will give them that much. If someone is bed bound they might be better but being active I only have a few diapers I really like and trust. Mega Max is at top of that list too.

Reactions: BeTrue
My ConfiDry 24/7 diaper is very wet and now messy this morning. All is good, confident and comfortable...warm, and squishy.

Reactions: Diaperman95 and BeTrue
Frungie said:
My ConfiDry 24/7 diaper is very wet and now messy this morning. All is good, confident and comfortable...warm, and squishy.
Are they as good of a diaper as they use to be? I have been told they went down in quality. But they use to be a very solid diaper.

Diaperman95 said:
Are they as good of a diaper as they use to be? I have been told they went down in quality. But they use to be a very solid diaper.
I think they are an excellent diaper.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Frungie said:
I think they are an excellent diaper.
I have not worn them in years I know I loved the plastic and top sheet they use. But it seams like if I was very active they would clump up. Have you had that issue? I am super picky about diapers now that we have so many choices. But I use to wear them a lot. It just has been so long. Every since I found total dry and mega max I only have been buying diapers with the plastic land strip because they always stay tight no matter how active I become. But I have been thinking about trying them again. I love everything about my Mega max except the price. LOL

Diaperman95 said:
I have not worn them in years I know I loved the plastic and top sheet they use. But it seams like if I was very active they would clump up. Have you had that issue? I am super picky about diapers now that we have so many choices. But I use to wear them a lot. It just has been so long. Every since I found total dry and mega max I only have been buying diapers with the plastic land strip because they always stay tight no matter how active I become. But I have been thinking about trying them again. I love everything about my Mega max except the price. LOL
I find that they only clump when they are like fully saturated. And even then, it's mostly just in the front near the waistband.

To me it’s the plastic that makes this diaper special. It’s got a certain Je ne sais quoi about it. 😍

Reactions: BeTrue and Diaperman95
Subtlerustle said:
To me it’s the plastic that makes this diaper special. It’s got a certain Je ne sais quoi about it. 😍
I will agree it is nice and about the closest thing to the AETTENDS you have in the pic on your profile that I have ever used.

Reactions: BeTrue and Subtlerustle
I've had several bags of the 24/7s in medium and always had great results as an overnight diaper. Great capacity by themselves and even better w/ a 1000ml booster. When full w/ a booster they get a bit heavy and would slid down if I didn't have a onesie on. Looking to try Trest Elites but they're hard to come by lately.

Back