Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilsteve

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Ok I've had a look and can't find much about this but I've had an idea, I want to buy a folding playpen, but I'm a family big guy and 6'2" I've found a large one that nearly 3'x4' but there is zero chance of it withstanding my weight so I'm thinking about replacing the folding bottom plate with a single sheet of mdf and them just putting the normal pad on top, has anyone actually done this? Did it work? And crucially if yes have you got a photo to show us all how easy/difficult this is?
If you can help thank you!!!

I was thinking more like this
image.jpg
I think it is far more babyish, difficult but it would be great!

I have a 90s playpen and it stands up just fine with the floor panels braced from below. I found some sturdy cases that fit perfectly but also used stacks of newspapers and magazines. Now if it was just about twice the size on all parts.

Sounds like this should be built yourself from scratch to get the best result :O

Wow that pop and play looks amazing! I could totally imagine myself playing inside one of those. It looks big enough where an ABDL could actually nap inside? THe nice thing is it sits right on the floor so the bottom support doesn't seem to be an issue.

Although using MDF will provide some strength for the bottom, unless the 'legs' on the playpen are sturdy enough, the MDF bottom will just collapse when you use the playpen.

If you want to use the playpen that you pictured, I would use a MDF or plywood base like you were thinking but add some 2x4 wood blocking under the playpen bottom to take the extra weight.

I bought a Joovy Room2 - expensive, but very sturdy and very compact when folded. I got a real deal on eBay; you might look there and see if you like the design. I had one of the dropside Graco playpens years ago, and certainly prefer the Joovy. I can stash it under my bed, which is a real plus.

Lilsteve said:
Ok I've had a look and can't find much about this but I've had an idea, I want to buy a folding playpen, but I'm a family big guy and 6'2" I've found a large one that nearly 3'x4' but there is zero chance of it withstanding my weight so I'm thinking about replacing the folding bottom plate with a single sheet of mdf and them just putting the normal pad on top, has anyone actually done this? Did it work? And crucially if yes have you got a photo to show us all how easy/difficult this is?
If you can help thank you!!!

most people i know just make there own personaly i am kinda on a workout to lose enough weight so i can fit in to some larger baby ones you prob wont ever find one that is big enough to hold you unless you make one or custom order one

It appears that you've got a certain amount of carpentry skill. You could just build one custom size to suit your personal needs. It doesn't need to be made like a Graco or something small, commercial(too small for a 6'2" person!)with fabric, collapsible, etc. I would recommend using 3/4"pressed particle board for the base(sturdy enough for your weight), and stained or clear polymered oak upright bars & top rail. Top it off with padded vinyl or naugahyde and there you are! P.S.-don't forget hinges for all 4 corners for easy collapsing when taking it somewhere withyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back