help new hear does anyone have constant back numbness with incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad3601

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
im just wondering if anyone with urine incontinence has constant lower back numbness , ive had lower back numbness for many years it never goes away even with medication even sitting on the sofa now has become an issue the only way to get comfy is lying on my side it drives me mad I wear incontinence pads / nappies 24/7 and when I leak I cannot feel anything it is from the lower back and genitals and bottom travels down to my thighs its just a constant 24/7 numbness

Sounds like spine stuff have you had it looked at by a DR

I think you have it twisted, maybe your numbness is causing your incontinence. I'm not a doctor, but, if you've ever had some sort of back injury, something like falling down hard on your butt or something that may have slipped your mind, it seems like you may have some spinal cord or nerve damage that can also contribute to incontinence. You should talk to your doctor about this though, they may have the answers that you are looking for.

Injuries of the*spinal cord at any level can cause: Increased muscle tone (spasticity) Loss of normal bowel and*bladder*control (may include constipation, incontinence,*bladder spasms).

This is a quote from a medical website.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I think you have it twisted, maybe your numbness is causing your incontinence. I'm not a doctor, but, if you've ever had some sort of back injury, something like falling down hard on your butt or something that may have slipped your mind, it seems like you may have some spinal cord or nerve damage that can also contribute to incontinence. You should talk to your doctor about this though, they may have the answers that you are looking for.

Injuries of the*spinal cord at any level can cause: Increased muscle tone (spasticity) Loss of normal bowel and*bladder*control (may include constipation, incontinence,*bladder spasms).

This is a quote from a medical website.
That was my thoughts also.

thanks for the reply I have had a mri scan ect and came up fine when you said falling down I fell and lost balance I went through a glass table wondering now if that has anything to do with it

Sorry you are going through this , hope the doctors can find a solution to your back issue.

Leaking from the sides is a pain, try pointing down and using Ducktape to help keep the diaper more snug, get some plastic pants that are terry cloth lined this will help for small leaks. Also pickup some washable waterproof pads for you sofa I have several that are 34" X 54" they work like a charm and I swap them out when they get wet.

I find this combination does not stop side leaks but it helps I realy wish some one would make a diaper other then cloth diapers that have absorbant padding on the sides.

Dad3601,

"Wet Knight" on Daily Diapers mentioned your post and asked anyone registered here to tell you that it "sounds very like the symptoms of severe Pudendal Neuralgia, (often confused with pudendal nerve entrapment)."

--John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back