Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyWolfe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
Okay, in another thread, the diapers.com shipping thread, I mentioned that I bought some things.

After waiting several days to decide if I was/wanted to post these, I decided to do so anyway. Well, I bought some panties, just to try out or whatever. As my first time buying, I wasn't sure what size I needed, even though I measured and all that, anyway, I bought 4 sizes... 8, 12, 14 and 16

Size 8 I had already knew would be way too small. I fit into them only just. I couldn't wear them over pull-ups or anything. That's fine with me, I like the Frozen theme of them.

Sizes 12 and 14 are bikini style, where the top sides get real thin. I don't like them that much. the 12's are too small for me, again no big deal, lesson learned.
The 14's fit, but are snug, with about 1" of stretch on one side. Good enough

The 16's fit quite well, I can wear them over pull-ups that I have wet a few times.

So the lessons learned...
1) Darn suppliers need to make 14-16+ in cartoon prints :(
2) I don't like bikini (the 14's decided to ride up my back end, was not a nice surprise.)
3) I don't know :shrug:

anyway, like I said in the title "Lucky Females" ...

These darn things are comfortable and feels like I am not wearing anything, with the size 16. If I could I would wear them all the time, everywhere. LOL

Here are pictures of the underwear that I got from diapers.com. You can click on the images for a much larger view. If they aren't allowed to be shown sorry, remove the images if necessary. Spoilered for people who don't want to see it. No shots of me wearing them :p

Size 8, Frozen theme:

Size 12:

Size 14:

Size 16:

-----
Questions:

1) What would be the more acceptable wording here? Panties or Underwear? Or does matter? They are called both names, but I don't want to offend anyone, if that were to happen.

2) How would I hand wash these? I can't use the washer and dryer or I'd be found out really, really fast. And I live with... well you, it's not something everyone agrees about, I'll leave it at that.

So there's my embarrassing post for the day... Now just to click on submit, come on you can do it.. it's only been 10 minutes staring at it... :sweatdrop:

nice puchase of underware and panties. I have found wearing hanes control briefs-seem to hold diapers in place best-less bulk, no sounds. Tjey use to make control bikinis also,Cotten works well if your're wearing the new silouttes dispoible panties by depend or the new flat supper asorbant always bladder control. They were designed for female, but are the best asorbinf panties out ther-with no bulk or leakage,

I don't think it matters what you call them. We all know they're panties :p

I personally prefer size 12-14, depending on the brand, it varies a little bit, some brands make sizes bigger than others even though there is the whole 'standard size chart' thing. I think panties are far more comfortable than boy underwear when you get them in the right size.

There are also cartoonish prints to sizes 12-16 depending on the brand, you won't get anything like MLP or Frozen branded type of cartoon panties, but if you go to a store like Target or something and browse the shelves you can generally find some cartoon print panties. They make cartoon prints on panties for sizes much larger than they do on boys underwear. Totally not fair for boys :p Lol.

Thank You both.

I have looked at Target's website and I have another small list of items I'd like to try out. But got to get some money first for more. I think I bookmarked a few larger size panties that had cartoon prints on them. I am not brave at all to go strolling down the girl isle of any store right now, especially the local stores and the town over. I have a very large family and they are all over the place 24/7

And yeah we boys usually get a bad deal when it comes to cartoon characters in the later ages, plus where's the cuteness at... for me, I've never really been into the superhero/Marvel/DC stuff. I remember watching Batman/Superman on Nick-at-Night back in 1993-1995/96 and watching the old versions of the TV shows, but never did go much more after that. :shrug: ... anyway, I guess they think by a certain age, boys will have outgrown childish cartoons and start to enjoy more "manly" things, like bear wrestling, or automotive, or punching a tree until it gives you a square meter cube. :lol:

I'm wondering if a seamstress (?), tailor could take those size 8 panties and make them into 16 with out issue, the white ones at least. That 7 pack of them was $18.00 and it was the most expensive out of all of them.

Again Thank You :)

FluffyMastiff said:
Thank You both.

I have looked at Target's website and I have another small list of items I'd like to try out. But got to get some money first for more. I think I bookmarked a few larger size panties that had cartoon prints on them. I am not brave at all to go strolling down the girl isle of any store right now, especially the local stores and the town over. I have a very large family and they are all over the place 24/7

And yeah we boys usually get a bad deal when it comes to cartoon characters in the later ages, plus where's the cuteness at... for me, I've never really been into the superhero/Marvel/DC stuff. I remember watching Batman/Superman on Nick-at-Night back in 1993-1995/96 and watching the old versions of the TV shows, but never did go much more after that. :shrug: ... anyway, I guess they think by a certain age, boys will have outgrown childish cartoons and start to enjoy more "manly" things, like bear wrestling, or automotive, or punching a tree until it gives you a square meter cube. :lol:

I'm wondering if a seamstress (?), tailor could take those size 8 panties and make them into 16 with out issue, the white ones at least. That 7 pack of them was $18.00 and it was the most expensive out of all of them.

Again Thank You :)

One of the reasons, (Ableit a small one) That I'm transitioning, the girls clothing in general is just so much nicer. Including the underwear lol.

And check out Esty (I think I spelled that right?) There are a few people there that make cartoon underwear for older people like ourselves. I've never tried anything but I've seen some decent stuff on there.

I wish you the best of luck during your transitioning :)

I've checked out Etsy, not in depth yet, but I skimmed through it. I probably should do another search.

I've said it before, I'm a straight male, but I do like the styles and looks of some girl clothing, so when I can, I'll do a little dress up and enjoy it when I can. I hope that doesn't sound rude

FluffyMastiff said:
I wish you the best of luck during your transitioning :)

I've checked out Etsy, not in depth yet, but I skimmed through it. I probably should do another search.

I've said it before, I'm a straight male, but I do like the styles and looks of some girl clothing, so when I can, I'll do a little dress up and enjoy it when I can. I hope that doesn't sound rude

Doesn't sound rude at all. Can be a straight male and like to dress up pretty sometimes, cross dressing. Nothing out of the ordinary for a straight male, lots of dudes do it. Lol. I do however suggest that when you're shopping, its better to go to the store than doing it online, less of a waste of money. If anyone asks say you're shopping for a gift for a friend or a friends child or something. Or if you're really daring, and you can pass as a girl when dressing up, could always just dress up as a girl and go shopping :p

AddyShadows said:
Doesn't sound rude at all. Can be a straight male and like to dress up pretty sometimes, cross dressing. Nothing out of the ordinary for a straight male, lots of dudes do it. Lol. I do however suggest that when you're shopping, its better to go to the store than doing it online, less of a waste of money. If anyone asks say you're shopping for a gift for a friend or a friends child or something. Or if you're really daring, and you can pass as a girl when dressing up, could always just dress up as a girl and go shopping :p

Only if I could pass as a girl would I might try that... I'm a 6ft 4in (193cm) tall, with a thick mustache, beard and sideburns. Even when I'm shaven you can still see the beard and stuff. But yeah not a bad idea though.

to shop in a store, I would have to go 30-40+ miles and still hope that I wouldn't run into family members, would still be a less chance of wasting money. Other than the premium fuel I have to use.

Several months ago, I was in my local Target store and saw some Disney panties in larger sizes. I bought two size XL. One was from Frozen and the other Cinderella. I don't remember specifically but I think the XL was the largest size they had (they might have had a XXL but I don't think so).

Ok get the print you like scan it then print it on iron on printer paper then put on panties that fit. On a computer you can resize it .
Good luck :)

FluffyMastiff said:
Sizes 12 and 14 are bikini style, I don't like them that much.
The 14's fit, but are snug, with about 1" of stretch on one side. Good enough
The 16's fit quite well, I can wear them over pull-ups that I have wet a few times.

So the lessons learned...
1) Darn suppliers need to make 14-16+ in cartoon prints :(
2) I don't like bikini (the 14's decided to ride up my back end, was not a nice surprise.)

These darn things are comfortable and feels like I am not wearing anything, with the size 16. If I could I would wear them all the time, everywhere. LOL
1) What would be the more acceptable wording here? Panties or Underwear? Or does matter?
2) How would I hand wash these? I can't use the washer and dryer or I'd be found out really, really fast.

Hey Ya Fluffy :)

Yes they are comfy aren't they :p except for the riding up your butt part, guess we girls aren't so lucky after all, lol.

If you do a lil shopping around you will find that there are plenty of cute panties in the 14/16 sizes.
Granted a lot of the character prints don't go that big, but some do.
I found some adorable Hello Kitty panties in Wal-Mart size 14 just recently. :)
You should probably avoid bikinis or boyshort/hip huggers and just stick with Briefs.

Call them whatever you like, panties, undies, underwear, bottoms, briefs, whatever. :)
What you happen to call them is just more of a personal preference then anything else as all those names mean the same thing.

You can soak/hand wash them in the sink, or if you don't want to go thru all that (its a pain, lol) why not a laundromat?
Why would you be found out really, really fast if you used your own washer/dryer????

MandyBear said:
Hey Ya Fluffy :)

Yes they are comfy aren't they :p except for the riding up your butt part, guess we girls aren't so lucky after all, lol.

If you do a lil shopping around you will find that there are plenty of cute panties in the 14/16 sizes.
Granted a lot of the character prints don't go that big, but some do.
I found some adorable Hello Kitty panties in Wal-Mart size 14 just recently. :)
You should probably avoid bikinis or boyshort/hip huggers and just stick with Briefs.

Call them whatever you like, panties, undies, underwear, bottoms, briefs, whatever. :)
What you happen to call them is just more of a personal preference then anything else as all those names mean the same thing.

You can soak/hand wash them in the sink, or if you don't want to go thru all that (its a pain, lol) why not a laundromat?
Why would you be found out really, really fast if you used your own washer/dryer????

Haha, yeah, the bikini's rode up the first time I pulled them up but that's only 1 minor thing ;)

I don't have my own washer/dryer in this house anymore. It's my grandparents rent house and I'm now living in it due to previously bad tenets. The last couple, somehow destroyed the washer and dryer. So all my clothes are actually washed by my grandparents when they wash theirs, I'll help load and unload and I'll fold mine occasionally, they get to them first. Out of the times that I washed my own clothing, I shrunk my shirts and it wasn't cheap to get replacements (especially when I was in the Navy with the work clothes and dress whites) :shrug: I'm hopeless for things like this and cooking :x

Hmm... I forgot about Wal-Mart. I'll check what they have online and then go like 3 or 4 towns over to a store if I want anything.

Any Walmart location is by far the easiest place to shop for any lady/young miss undies and things. Staff are far to busy to worry about what you shopping about for, and in general, any other shopper in those departments really do not pay attention at all. And at the checkout, the staff member is more absorbed in getting you checked through fast and efficient, and sell that damn credit card of theirs. I have become very comfy with lingering and shopping in those departments with no worries, and the same with checking out at the cashier.

As for hand washing your "delicates", hit a laundry mat and let the machines do the work. Cold water washing is the best, and low heat for drying.

I went to Walmart today, and just passed by the underwear section, going to the grocery department, glancing really quickly. I'll get the courage to do it soon, like I said, a lot of family in this smallish town so I would go to a store further out..... I didn't even have the courage to go and look at teddy bears :( I wanted one too

Thank You everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit... weird, I double posted/updated somehow :shrug:

Hi FluffyMastiff,

I do wish you had asked about the panty sizes before you made your purchase, we could have saved you some money. As far as having a seamstress alter the undies to fit you, I am sure that it would cost you way more than you paid for them to have them altered. There is quite a bit of work required to make the panties larger.

Washing them by hand is no big deal. Years ago, when I lived with my parents, I washed them in the bathroom sink all of the time. Use warm water and a mild detergent. If you do not have a commercial soap, like Woolite or Tide, a little shampoo will work just as well. I used to let them soak while I showered. Then I would wash them, with a bit of light aggitation, in the sink and then I would press them between a bath towel by standing on them. They were very nearly dry at that point. I would then hang them in my room to let them air-dry completely before hiding them from my disapproving parents.

Anyway, I am glad that you did get some that you like, and that fit you well. Take care.

I was going to ask, but, I was embarrassed, so I didn't. I know I know, There's no need to be embarrassed here. :)

Speaking of which, maybe I should have asked about the dress that I bought too, it's already been shipped out I think. But I think I got the measurements right this time.

Oh yeah, in the past, I've dropped (or knocked) clothes into the sink when it had water in it and I let them air dry. After they dried they were not soft, they were, well, kind of hard or something. It's hard for me to explain the feeling of it... Whats the best way to not have them feel hard or weird or whatever it is? I hope that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense to me. Most of the time, it's because not all of the soap was rinsed out of them. Give them a few good rinsings with fresh water. A bit of fabric softener might help, as well.
I hope your dress fits you wonderfully, and that you feel dreamy while wearing it.
And yes, There's no need to ever be embarrassed here.

FluffyMastiff said:
I went to Walmart today, and just passed by the underwear section, going to the grocery department, glancing really quickly. I'll get the courage to do it soon, like I said, a lot of family in this smallish town so I would go to a store further out..... I didn't even have the courage to go and look at teddy bears :( I wanted one too

Thank You everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit... weird, I double posted/updated somehow :shrug:

If someone seriously made a comment about you getting a teddy bear, honestly I find you're never too old to have stuffed animals, hell my parents BOTH have stuffed animals themselves still. And Dad is 50 next year so. Hell even my grandparents have stuffed animals, and they're in their 70s! If you can't endulge in looking at clothes (Which looking ca be easily explained away as 'helping an online friend choose something' rather than buying which is harder to explain.) Might as well go for a teddy bear! Those are easy to explain away, just give the good old 'never too old to have one!' statement!

That is true.

To be honest, I'm probably just psyching myself out over nothing. I am, like many others, just self conscious about what others think of me. I've always been like that, probably why I don't have a girlfriend, but that's not the point here :x

Anyway, that is true, no one is ever too old for a teddy bear or stuffed animal.

FluffyMastiff said:
To be honest, I'm probably just psyching myself out over nothing. I am, like many others, just self conscious about what others think of me.
Anyway, that is true, no one is ever too old for a teddy bear or stuffed animal.

Once you get over the irrational fears of looking at or buying these things you will be a much happier person. :)
Just tell yourself, Its no big deal, no one around is going care or start doing the "Invasion of the body snatchers" point and wail at you. LOL :p
So you are buying a TeddyBear, the most a cashier might say is: Oh its cute, or is it a birthday present or something like that.

And YES ! You are never to old for a Teddy Bear :D
Of the very few people who ever asked about the Teddy on my bed I simply said Oh that's Chuck he's always there. lol
And that's it. End of discussion, nothing weird, just a oh OK. :)
Granted, we can get away with more stuff like that, but still, don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back