cloth backed abena m4 and molicare super plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogan1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was looking at getting some plastic backed abena or molicares but where I can buy them from have sold out of all plastic backed.
I'm really disappointed as the purple molicare looked cute. The new cloth backed are white and look way different.

is it even worth getting cloth backed?

Funny you should ask this, as there seems to be a lot of confusion. I haven't heard anything about Abena getting rid of their plastic-backed diapers lately, and XP Medical offers both kinds. But I have heard a lot of rumors about this on the Molicares. That's why I called Medline about it, and they said all the Molicare Super Pluses they had were plastic-backed and the person I spoke with hadn't heard anything about a change from that. If it's true that the cloth ones you're seeing are white, and all I'm still seeing online are the purple, I'd call and check. You can get a case of the Super Pluses pretty inexpensively on Amazon, from a company called AVALINE. Also, just on a side note, you can get them from . . . Staples, believe it or not. You can have them shipped to a local store and pick them up whenever you're ready. How cool is that!

-RMS

I'm in Australia so prefer to buy from an australian store.
Both plastic backed products have been removed from the websites I viewed and only cloth backed available now.
The molicares padding also doesnt seem to spread around the sides a bit anymore

It would appear as though the Super Plus has disappeared entirely from Independence Australia's website. Genuinely sad, now. I'm going to get in touch with them to ask about plans.

Grogan, what sites are you using?

Australia. Didn't see that one coming. I keep forgetting how much the Internet has connected the world and erased all boundaries. Well, best of luck to you.

-RMS

Both Independence Australia's and BrightSky have no plastic backed Molicares. They have been replaced by MOLICARE PREMIUM SOFT SUPER PLUS. Actually Molicare are doing free samples and and i have requested around 10 over the past 3 weeks and all have been delivered. I rate them very highly even better than the old plastic backed ones. They hold 4 very large wets.

My experience with cloth-backed Abenas didn't go too well. After the first wetting, the pant constantly tried to slide off my butt; it just felt really awkward. As far as cloth-backed Molicares go, I have no experience with those.

Shaunikins321 said:
Grogan, what sites are you using?

Independence Australia's and BrightSky are the ones i have been looking at.
i have found a few others littles-downunder are ab related and have fabines abri form and wellness.
also there were a few other more medical/healthcare but couldn't find out about discreet shipping so didn't save them.

@sloth are the Molicare free samples discreet shipping? and are they still purple or definitely white?
i really liked the look of the old molicare but the new one just looks weird

sloth said:
Both Independence Australia's and BrightSky have no plastic backed Molicares. They have been replaced by MOLICARE PREMIUM SOFT SUPER PLUS. Actually Molicare are doing free samples and and i have requested around 10 over the past 3 weeks and all have been delivered. I rate them very highly even better than the old plastic backed ones. They hold 4 very large wets.

Really sad to hear about this development :(

I have just put through an order for some samples of those Molicares. Hopefully they work as well as the Super Plus used to. Guess I best start rationing my bag and a half that I have remaining!

I heard from an Australian diaper lover that it's pretty hard to find plastic cover nappies in there in general.
I'm from scandinavia so I don't actually know anything but.. yeah, sucks if you had one good plastic covered brand just slip by you :/

does anyone have a comparison picture of the plastic vs cloth backed molicares and abenas?

There is an Internet place called 1-800-wheelchair that claims to have the plastic backed Molicares. I do not know if they ship international although they guarantee 2 day delivery on up to three cases at a time or they are free in the USA.

I just got a case of the Molicare Super Pluses from Amazon and they are plastic-backed and completely fabulous. I'd forgotten how wonderfully these diapers work and feel. Nothing wicks like a Molicare Super Plus.

-RMS

Last edited:
grogan1 said:
does anyone have a comparison picture of the plastic vs cloth backed molicares and abenas?

Molicare Super plus
Molicare.jpg

Tena Plastic and new cloth
Tena.jpg

Lille Plastic and new cloth
Lille.jpg

Abena L4 plastic
Abena.jpg

Japanese diaper I got while in Japan
Japandiaper.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.