Not open for further replies.

babyboyd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
so as many are aware the tapes don't always stay where they are or put I should say , so after constant blow outs as I call them and waking up half way through the night and re-taping or just plain sitting on the couch and moving and having a "blow out" and noticing the white so called second chance tapes seem to stay a bit better when I re-tape I decided to only use those and see if they work better .since I can be diapered when ever I please outside work im gonna try it for the next whit and see . has anyone else done this would love to hear any others feed back if they have . thanks and happy diapered times to all

My current batch for Dry 24/7's have had better tapes then the previous 3 batch's, but I still use Ducktape to reinforce the diapers tapes and at night I wear pair of underwear over the diaper to help keep it in place most nights.

I really think most diaper tapes don't really handle activity well (ie tossing and turning at night) so reenforcing the tapes is always a good idea

I'm baffled by these complaints about 24/7 tapes being bad. Maybe I've been lucky but of the three bags I've gone through there hasn't been a single problem with the tapes. I'm using larges, maybe that's the difference, I don't know - just seems odd to hear all these issues.

Abena seem to be the only ones I don't struggle with constant blowouts with.

Duct Tape! I haven't tried the new 24/7s but most diaper tapes fail the healthy active adult test. I find some require landing zones made from duct tape to hold well and others need the tape over their tapes to keep them in place. I buy inexpensive white duct tape from Ocean State Job Lot so it doesn't ruin the effect of a nice white diaper.

I've wondered if clear packing tape would work as well as Duct tape. If it did, you wouldn't really see it.

dogboy said:
I've wondered if clear packing tape would work as well as Duct tape. If it did, you wouldn't really see it.

When I need it (which is not often), I use clear packing tape. I probably use a bit more than I would if I used duct tape (I have never used duct tape for my diapers).

I've been through 3 or 4 cases of medium Dry24/7 diapers. I've yet to come across any tape issues. Maybe you guys are taping these things too tightly?

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I've been through 3 or 4 cases of medium Dry24/7 diapers. I've yet to come across any tape issues. Maybe you guys are taping these things too tightly?

I would submit that unless you're dealing with diaper neophytes, diapers should perform at the level people expect from their experience with other brands. I'm only a very occasional Dry 24/7 user and the tapes didn't impress me, although they were more reliable than XP Medical's A+. I have friends who like them as diapers but they consider extra tape to be a standard requirement to avoid mishaps.

I have repeatedly stated that I have had trouble with the tapes on the medium 24/7s. Recently one of the diapers upon unfolding had the tape opened up and stuck to the shell. Needless to say, the tape was now worthless. Since I now lace my diapers front and rear with ¼" elastic, tapes are no longer an issue for me. :smile1:

Last edited:
I have had some tape issues with dry 24/7 mediums but not as often larely, I notice it happens more if they ate too tight. Hopefully they will fix this af some point in the near future.

I have not noticed any tape issues yet on my 24/7's. I acutally just changed into a clean one from last night and no tape issues. I had a few a while back where the white tape wouldn't stick, but that may have been caused by the baby oil from mommy. :smile:

I literally just put one on before checking here and had one of the top tapes slip about 10 minutes into wearing it. I don't think I'm taping any tighter than I do any other diaper. But the 24/7s do have a taping issue.

I normally reinforce them with clear packing tape, but I didn't today. When I do use the clear packing tape I have no issues whatsoever. I still like these diapers, though.

nikthewerelion said:
I have had some tape issues with dry 24/7 mediums but not as often larely, I notice it happens more if they ate too tight. Hopefully they will fix this af some point in the near future.

I wear 24/7's frequently, they're not the current model, my cases are around 1/2yr old. But I really haven't seen much for taping issues.

The lg case I'm working through now does have an interesting issue though. The lower left tape only is slightly manufactured or applied wrong. If I try to just grab the blue and lift it up, it won't come up. And if I force it, it will start to pull the tape root up off the diaper. I have to grab the blue tape and stretch it out from the rest of the tape, in parallel with the diaper, not away from it. This pulls out the kink and it'll release the edge from the diaper shell with a POP and then peels off normally.

I still maintain that if you're having tape popping/breaking issues on the 24/7's, you're taping too tight. Loosen up a bit, and let the front and rear elastic do their job. This diaper isn't designed to go on banjo-string tight around the waist. If you want that, go with a diaper that doesn't have front/rear elastic, there's a LOT to choose from.

Try using a onsei to help secure the diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back