Thread: Is this a form of urge incontinence?

Default Is this a form of urge incontinence?

Lately whenever I hear or feel water, I get the urge to pee. I know that's very common with people, but to me, it's really strong. If I'm wearing a diaper and I'm washing my hands or something, I'll pee right then and there without thinking.

Luckily, it hasn't happened when I'm not diapered, but I have had a couple close calls. Is this a type of urge incontinence, and should I be worried about it?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyPandora View Post
    Lately whenever I hear or feel water, I get the urge to pee. I know that's very common with people, but to me, it's really strong. If I'm wearing a diaper and I'm washing my hands or something, I'll pee right then and there without thinking.

Luckily, it hasn't happened when I'm not diapered, but I have had a couple close calls. Is this a type of urge incontinence, and should I be worried about it?
    I have the same thing and though I haven't been diagnosed by a doctor, I'm think the same, that it's urge incontinence. I guess I have an excuse in that I'm 67 years old and this has been slowly coming on. I really don't care as long as I can make it to a bathroom on time.

I can not say for sure which side of "incon" it falls on as I am both classic medical incontinence and functional "incon" . Functional involves your bladder or bowel not giving you sufficient warning to go to the bathroom without it doing its thing. So by my urologist here in the US it is.

Somethiing to watch out for is also another insidious release when a change in body core temperature such as going from a warm house out into the cold. Like a male dog who always has some urine to mark its territory I can have just "emptyied my bladder via catheter and.
    massage" but do the indoor outdoor thing and poof your wet.

Go see your doctor (urologist) to make sure it's nothing to worry about, if you have been wearing diapers 24/7 and using them to pee it could just be your body getting use to releasing when ever you feel the need to pee due to being diapered and protected. Eventualy you may need to stay diapered all the time.

Our body's learn over time that's it's ok to pee when needed when diapered unfortunately once you get use to peeing at the slightest urge you will start to pee even if not diapered. As you bladder has probably shrunk and will now hold less pee.

I have been diagnosed with urge incontinence, and the symptom you describe is certainly something I experience on a daily basis. I agree with the suggestion about seeing a doctor to make sure it's nothing dangerous.

incontinentgrl

I sometimes get like that!! But it may be when I have to pee and I hear water.

Like sometimes I don't realize it until I hear water or get in the pool