Not open for further replies.

BenTennyson

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I'd like to talk about odor control a bit. In general and as well especially for Comficares.
First question first to anyone using Comfis
Why do they STINK so much? I presume its the odor control chemicals. Yes they don't smell like pee after using, but they smell even worse than that. Makes me gag. This kind of defeats the purpose of odor control, doesn't it?
Please note that my hygiene is up to par with todays social and medical standards (I mean I am no foreigner to soap :tongueout: ) and I don't ever need the nappies for anything else than #1
I can't stand the smell of used Comfis. I really do like them but I am so appalled by this that I am thinking about getting another brand. PEE smells better than THIS :wallbash:
Doesn't matter if I use baby powder or not, the powder just slightly masks the bad smell, it merely mixes with it.

(On a sidenote, I noticed Fabine having that same nasty stench to them)

Second question
Which nappie brand is as good as Comficare/Molicare or similar, but without odor control? Which could you recommend for heavy activity and overnight?
Comficare and Fabine are all I ever used (aside from Goodnites) so I am kind of uneducated about all the brands :confused:

I kept the threads topic general so keep the posts coming to anything related

I don't find any especially unusual odor from a wet Crinklz (based on the comficare) It's very possible your biology is just producing urine that reacts differently with the chemicals in their padding? Does hydrating more (dilluting your urine) help much?

No difference in resulting odor from different urine concentration levels.
I tried various combinations of amount of usage and hydration levels, the resulting odor is always the same.

Maybe its the coffee but somebody would have noticed by now I presume.

Do what I did! Get out of disposables and into cloth pocket diapers. I use Dependeco pocket diapers with flat folds for the soaker pad. Flat folds are easy to wash and dry no matter where you are, and the only smell is from whatever laundry detergent you use. Plus you save lots of money!

I was thinking about that hmmm
These Dependeco pocket dydees look excellent but
Shipping to US and Canada only
Ebay has none (ebay.com has one reseller with four items left, and that one has the same shipping restrictions as dependeco online shop)
Thats a shame. The print design is precious

Try Dry 24/7 they work great and have no smell

where did you buy them? The new always panties for women, are good for me up to 12 hours. I can go 3 good times and no leakage. They should be listed as unisex, because they fit and work so well.

Omg I want Crinklz so much <3
But really just try out some Molicare, the odor control is pretty neutral and when you mess your diaper it only smells ... well, fresh poop, lol.

5thgear said:
Do what I did! Get out of disposables and into cloth pocket diapers. I use Dependeco pocket diapers with flat folds for the soaker pad. Flat folds are easy to wash and dry no matter where you are, and the only smell is from whatever laundry detergent you use. Plus you save lots of money!
You are supposed to use dye free perfume free soap to wash cloth something like ivory or dreft,anything else is destroying the fibres of the cotton and shortening it's life. Detergent bleach and Oxcyclean are bad for your diaper.

@ BenTennyson
The only method that really works is to let some perfume dominate the smell of the diaper. I have had some good experience with Tommy Hilfiger BodyWash. This is a man's odeur. Put 2 drops in your diaper at the back. You will notice -as soon as you wet it- the BodyWash smell mixes up with the diaper chemicals. Hope that helps.

I just use air freshener

Baby powder and desitine cream cover up the smell, the only bad thing is u smell like a fresh pamper after a while

I wear 24/7 for severe overactive bladder and urge incontinence, so odor control is a concern for me. Along with wearing premium protection (Abena X-Plus with booster), which I need, I have found that staying properly hydrated, changing at regular intervals, usually about four hours at most, and wearing plastic pants over my diaper helps minimize odor.

To clarify again, in case somebody misunderstood the opening post: I'm only talking about the nasty odor of the fabric of a wet Comficare (don't really know if other brands are that penetrant as well). Urine, even old urine smells *totally* different to this.

pampers4U said:
Baby powder and desitine cream cover up the smell, the only bad thing is u smell like a fresh pamper after a while
This I wouldn't mind *at all*. And it still smells better than wet Comficares. Sadly, it doesn't really cover the bad smell.
Adidas said:
@ BenTennyson
The only method that really works is to let some perfume dominate the smell of the diaper. I have had some good experience with Tommy Hilfiger BodyWash. This is a man's odeur. Put 2 drops in your diaper at the back. You will notice -as soon as you wet it- the BodyWash smell mixes up with the diaper chemicals. Hope that helps.
I tried that and it seems to work, thanks. I'd propably need something that smells stronger than what I tried. Needed too much to cover the smell without worrying about a constant exposure to the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back