Diaper suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm low income. And incontinent but I still like the baby style designs mainly at night or measure...

I'm wanting to know your suggestions for thick cute print diapers at night and plain or colored diapers during the day that still have good absorbency.

I'm limited to about $150 for diapers. And I use about 3-5 a day... any help would be great.

I'm not too sure about the print ones, but as I just pointed out in the other comment, when it comes down to cost per time period Abena M4 are actually a very cost effective option compared to other diapers as they just tend to last longer and aren't so much more expensive that they counteract that, or the short and sweet version is that I go through half as many Abena M4 as I do many other diaper brands out there and they aren't twice expensive.

UnSeenWant said:
I'm low income. And incontinent but I still like the baby style designs mainly at night or measure...

I'm wanting to know your suggestions for thick cute print diapers at night and plain or colored diapers during the day that still have good absorbency.

I'm limited to about $150 for diapers. And I use about 3-5 a day... any help would be great.

Well there's plenty of companies that do printed diapers out there, Snuggies, Bambino, ABU and I'm sure there's more I'm missing but are somewhat pricey. For daytime use I would recommend Abena as they look regular enough, are decently absorbent, come in multiple absorbancy levels and come in plastic backed or cloth backed.

Without knowing if you are in Europe or the US/Canada regions, I am going to assume $ means US. Also, not sure on level or type of incontinence. This can influence things.

I would recommend Bambino printed diapers possibly with boosters for night time. They are most reasonably priced, reasonably high capacity, and printed. My favorite design is the Bianco. You may like the Teddy or Classico better. The Bellisimo is much more expensive per diaper and would not be cost effective in your instance. The regular Bambinos with boosters would be more cost effective if higher capacity was desired. Look for a sale.

For daytime, my choice would be the Dry 24/7. Highest capacity, most comfortable for me, and lowest cost per ounce absorbency. XPmedical sells these and their own store brand, the A+. Their brand comes in 2 capacities and is cheaper than the Dry. They also sell some excellent boosters which make diapers hold even longer. Higher capacity diapers mean fewer changes and lower cost.

My second choice for a plain daytime diaper would be Bambinos Bianco. It is thick, absorbent, and plain white. Have worn it at night, during the day, and out doing errands. It is a comfortable diaper.

Hope you find the diapers you need.

doin' the math, 4 diapers a day at 30.5 days a month, and I assume $150 is per month, your budget is $1.22/diaper, though that would assume the same for day and night. More realistically, $4.90/day for a day/night mix. Totaldry Plus are $0.86/ea, medium to low capacity but overall a good, economical daytime diaper, and should work out OK if you're changing several times. Assuming four of those for waking hours, leaves you with $1.45 to spend on a better overnight diaper. Large confidry are $1.44/ea. That came out remarkably well ! There's my recommendation for that budget. (bambino has the totaldry plus on sale actually right now, save about $10, confidry available at xpmedical)

I would suggest Bambino Biancos during the day and Teddy diapers at night. Both are quite high capacity, and cases run around $70/ea., which includes shipping costs anywhere within the continental US. Two cases should be all you need every month, and it would fit precisely within your budget.

Each case contains 48 diapers, which rounds out to about $1.50 per diaper. Most other print offerings run north of $1.50-2.00 each, and that's BEFORE shipping costs are applied.

I've been 24/7 for 3+ years, and I haven't found a more economical option with a better cost-to-performance ratio. Assuming a normal level of fluid intake, I typically use 3-4 diapers a day, so two cases a month usually do me just fine.

Thank you guys. I will definetly look into these suggestions. Also just for a splurge one month anyone know any good cloth diapers?

And yes I'm in the USA. Sorry should have mentioned that

Dry 24/7 is $108 at XP Medical for 72 diapers. If you go through more than 3 per day, you earned my respect. If you fit in between M and L with most diapers, get mediums. Dry 24/7 mediums fit me perfectly.

UnSeenWant said:
Thank you guys. I will definetly look into these suggestions. Also just for a splurge one month anyone know any good cloth diapers?

I highly recommend the Dependeco Pocket diapers. I don't use their soaker pad though....I take three Gerber Birdseye flat diapers and fold them into a soaker pad, which works great and is easy to wash. The AIO diapers are nice as well, but take more time to dry than I'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back