Not open for further replies.

Shyanne

Baby Foxtaur
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
I need some help. So I ordered one from baby-pants but it's too big. Can't seem to return it. So I am gonna try to get another one. I measured myself though and am a little confused which one I should get.

http://www.baby-pants.com/onezie.php

My measurements:
Length: 35"
Chest: 46"
Waist: 42"

Try boiling the one you bought. They shrink like crazy.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Try boiling the one you bought. They shrink like crazy.

I did tho..I boiled it for 20 mins..and then put it in dryer and it still was too big..didnt feel that much smaller..

I think you are missing one critical measurement.
Take a tape measure and pin it at either the top of the right or left shoulder and run it down under and thru your crotch and back up to the pinned point on the shoulder.
This measurement is called a torso measurement. If you give this measurement to the place you are buying your onesies from you should be able to avoid the excessive
bulky sloppy fit and get a fitting somewhat like you would with a leotard.
A simple way to eliminate excess bulk is to create a false waist line by pinching the fabric at the waist - a half inch fold results in 1 inch less in the overall length of the garment. The folded fabric could be sewn inside the
garment or a waist band on the outside.
A easy low cost way and you could cinch up the waist by sewing in an elastic band to fit more closely to your body measurements.
We have ways to make you snug as a bug in your clothing. If the bulkiness is in the crotch the same method could be used here all be it but warning you may reduce the amount
of play in the leg band at the thigh. Like making a snap panel in the crotch bottom if one is not there. After awhile it helps to know what you can do to clothing to make a custom fit a real fitting.

babylock1 said:
I think you are missing one critical measurement.
Take a tape measure and pin it at either the top of the right or left shoulder and run it down under and thru your crotch and back up to the pinned point on the shoulder.
This measurement is called a torso measurement. If you give this measurement to the place you are buying your onesies from you should be able to avoid the excessive
bulky sloppy fit and get a fitting somewhat like you would with a leotard.
A simple way to eliminate excess bulk is to create a false waist line by pinching the fabric at the waist - a half inch fold results in 1 inch less in the overall length of the garment. The folded fabric could be sewn inside the
garment or a waist band on the outside.
A easy low cost way and you could cinch up the waist by sewing in an elastic band to fit more closely to your body measurements.
We have ways to make you snug as a bug in your clothing. If the bulkiness is in the crotch the same method could be used here all be it but warning you may reduce the amount
of play in the leg band at the thigh. Like making a snap panel in the crotch bottom if one is not there. After awhile it helps to know what you can do to clothing to make a custom fit a real fitting.

well like the place im ordering from doesnt do custom sizes. But I really like one of the onesie patterns they got there. And I cant sew at all either. :c

I got lucky I guess, I ordered from xp medical, size large, washed it and it shrunk, it's the perfect size

pampers4U said:
I got lucky I guess, I ordered from xp medical, size large, washed it and it shrunk, it's the perfect size

It shrunk after one washing?

It did after one, I just washed it again last night and it was maybe slightly smaller than after the first "big shrink" mind you though, i ordered a large and I'm just over 6ft with a 34/35" waist and have a decent chest size. I like the other posters idea of possible sewing a seem strip, it's actually pretty engenius

pampers4U said:
It did after one, I just washed it again last night and it was maybe slightly smaller than after the first "big shrink" mind you though, i ordered a large and I'm just over 6ft with a 34/35" waist and have a decent chest size. I like the other posters idea of possible sewing a seem strip, it's actually pretty engenius

I dont even know what a seem strip is or even having a needle and thread at home. I like cant do any sewing :(

I think maybe you are shrinking. :)

bobbyboy said:
I think maybe you are shrinking. :)

God i wish! I wanna be itty bitty! *giggles*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back