Well that was awkward

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelman21

Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I just have to share something that happened to me last night. So I wear 24/7 and as most of you know, that makes a lot of diaper garbage. So every week there are probably 40lbs of diaper garbage in our bin. It's always in a black bag but it's still there. And then there are a couple singles in bags from this or that. Well last night my wife and I go out with a friend and she brings her new b/f. It just so happens he's our garbage man. He didn't say anything but still, it was awkward. I'm just sitting there like "omg he has to know!". We don't have kids or anything so it's just so awkward!

wheelman21 said:
I just have to share something that happened to me last night. So I wear 24/7 and as most of you know, that makes a lot of diaper garbage.

Your garbage man does not dig through your garbage. don't worry about that.

But yes, it IS impressive just how heavy a lot of wet diapers can get, isn't it!? My neighbor wheeled out both of our cans one day and commented something like "what've you got in here, you throwing away lead?" :p

I know he doesn't go through it. But a lot of times he'll pull bags out individually to throw them in the truck for whatever reason so he probably has some idea...

I wouldn't worry about it too much :)
Our garbage people pull out the bags individually here too. My cousin in another state, worked as a garbage man and he would grab bags individually and toss them in the truck. He said that most of the cans that he tried to pick up were easily 100-200 pounds, he's not a small person either, but saying it's easier on the back and muscles, since it's a long repetitive job.

wheelman21 said:
I know he doesn't go through it. But a lot of times he'll pull bags out individually to throw them in the truck for whatever reason so he probably has some idea...

That's to lighten the load. it's hard to lift a full can that's really heavy, so if the can is full and there's a bag handy at the top, they'll often grab the bag and toss that and then pick up the can.

Our trucks use lifts that fit into special plastic cans that are given to us to use. We have to pay for the sticker that goes on the lid. For the most part, they aren't handling the bags. I try to put my diaper bag in the middle of the can and not on the top. I guess we all sort of think about this sort of thing.

In my area, the trucks have a thing on it that picks up the trash can and it dumps it in the truck and puts it back down and goes to the next one. The man doesn't have to get out at all to pick up the trash.

ours do too, but for whatever reason they don't use it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back