Thread: Littles arn't the only ones that want to get back to playing

Default Littles arn't the only ones that want to get back to playing

Here is a story that has been making the rounds in social service circles recently. Playgrounds for seniors and adults have been popping up in a few countries over the last few years, and recently, a number of them have showed up in the U.S. I guess more people are learning something our community has known for awhile. Here's an article. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7452270.html

What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendolyn View Post
    Here is a story that has been making the rounds in social service circles recently. Playgrounds for seniors and adults have been popping up in a few countries over the last few years, and recently, a number of them have showed up in the U.S. I guess more people are learning something our community has known for awhile. Here's an article. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7452270.html

What do you all think?
    It's funny that you've posted this because I was thinking, just yesterday, that I wished I had a swing in my backyard. We don't have any adult or senior citizen outdoor recreational facilities where I live, and going to a children's playground would look very weird. When I was a kid we had a swing, and the family summer cottage in Canada has a tire swing. I don't think anyone has to be an adult baby to enjoy one. For me, there's something very comforting being able to swing back and forth, and it seems like a summer time thing to do, along with family cookouts, etc. Nice catch on the Huffington Post.

These were fairly common when I was living in Japan. However, they were not as fun as a kid playground, they were mostly based around the idea of being able to do some exercises to stay fit with devices such as this one (it's meant for stretching) :

The whole concept is more based on free fitness devices for elders more than recreational area, which is a shame, I would love an adult swing or slides big enough for my padded butt.

That looks interesting the only playgrounds where I live are for children but I did get to play on one as adult back in college which was a lot of fun.